PDA

View Full Version : I'm Rich! I'm Rich!

cmitch
09-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I just can't wait to run my fingers through this money!

Dear beloved,

Please excuse this humble email if it offends your sensibilities, but I have no other
means to contact you. I cannot talk on the telephone, so I did a search for your email
address, which I found on the international directorate email data search. Due to my
immediate predicament, I decided to contact you.

My name is MaryAnn Sunderland I am a widow, and I have a terminal health condition
(Cancer of the blood - Leukemia), which has rendered me bed ridden for the last 7months.
I have been to several Cancer Treatment Centers without cure and my personal physician
has confided in me that I only have a few weeks more to live.

Therefore, I have urgently contact you as a reliable and trustful fellow to help fulfill
my final wish before I will die. Having accepted this condition as god’s will for me, I
have resolved to entrust my funds valued at US$ 8.5 Million to either a philanthropic
organization or devoted individual that will utilize it for charitable activities.

The reason why I have decided to contact you is because I have no child or devoted
relation who could reliably execute my will. However, you will be adequately compensated
for this task. I have set aside 30% of the money for you, while the balance 70% will be
used by you in all sincerity to fund philanthropic organizations,and orphanages. I don't
want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence my bold
decision to contact you, a total stranger. Since my health is regressing by the minute,
you will have to tell me a little about yourself.

With the information, I will make arrangement to prepare the Authorization through an
Attorney for you to get possession of the Deposit. My personal Reference Number Law/WILL/

Until I hear from you, I pray that this letter bring you and your family good tidings.

God be with you.

MaryAnn Sunderland

EricF
09-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Can you loan me a few bucks when you get the money??? :lr :lr :lr

Mattso3000
09-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Could be legit...:D

hammondc
09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Ol Sunderland family. Standup group of folks.

hotreds
09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
WTH? She sent me the same email! Better beat you to it!

Ogre
09-28-2012, 09:03 PM
I still am shocked that people still fall for this.

Justinphilly
09-28-2012, 09:39 PM

To the tune of millions and millions of dollars a year.

Big Bert
09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Oh my!!! I think you and I have just become the best of friends :r :r :r

big pete
09-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Dude, I'be recently became rich too! A government member from Nigeria said I am a decendent of a Nigerian King (I was a bit hesitant at first as I am Asian). He assured me that he contacted the correct person and sent me a official letter. I only had to wire $10,000 to cover processing expenses

maninblack
09-29-2012, 08:13 PM
I never get those e-mails. I'm sad.

hotreds
09-29-2012, 09:04 PM
No- you're LUCKY!

BHalbrooks
09-29-2012, 10:03 PM

I used to work at a Gas Station that did Money Orders. We had a regular customer that was mentally challenged. One day he came in and wanted to wire $5,000. He also didn't understand why I (Being the Assistant Manager) had a coworker go across the street and get his Sister to talk him out of it. He had a copy of the email, saying he was gonna be rich and buy everyone he loves a house. Sad really.

omowasu
09-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I used to work at a Gas Station that did Money Orders. We had a regular customer that was mentally challenged. One day he came in and wanted to wire $5,000. He also didn't understand why I (Being the Assistant Manager) had a coworker go across the street and get his Sister to talk him out of it. He had a copy of the email, saying he was gonna be rich and buy everyone he loves a house. Sad really.

Therein lies the issue, it costs nothing for the scammer to send 1,000,001 emails... and most likely 1,000,000 people wont respond or report the email. Its the one that does that makes it worth their time to keep the scam going.... It is sad...

cmitch
09-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I never get those e-mails. I'm sad.

In that case, forward me your email address and I'll send you one!:noon