PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Shawn's Kuwait Herf - Dominican Macanudo review

Cigar Mike
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Well, it sure has been a long time since Shawn and I have had a chance to sit down, grab a couple cigars, and do a review.

Tonight, though, I found myself wandering around Camp Patriot, Kuwait, and we're sitting down with a couple Macanudo "Cafe" (we think, anyways) cigars that arrived here courtesy of all you fine folks here. These are some pretty big sticks - 6x60s.

My hopes for these, prior to lighting, anyway, are high. They look great, and the construction feels good. Like I said, though, it's a 60-gauge or so, and, well, that's probably going to yield some Big Smoke. We shall see. The wrapper on mine is slightly damaged, and the cut felt, well, I don't know the word..."dry" or something.

Weather tonight is nice. It's been cooling off around here, maybe about 90 degrees or so, light wind, pretty darn pleasant for these parts!

Now - to light.

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Alright guys here is the live review from the 2 of us. We are really just killing some cigars tonight before we part ways again.

This things are massive, I am a fan already. i like the larger gauge cigar when i am sitting down for the night, it is a nice relax cigar.

This thing feel's good, not too tight not too loose.

This bad boy was a pain in the ass to light up, with a bic lighter... I ran out of butane

Taste is nice and smooth, time will tell on this one

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Just throwing it out there guys, these are the patches we are giving to CA.

Cigar Mike
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm about 1 inch into this one....already the disappointment is lurking - lots of smoke so far but not much taste. Hopefully I'll have more to say after the first 1/3rd.

longknocker
09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Awesome Gesture With The Patches, Guys!:) Thanks For Serving!:tu

Cigar Mike
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Awesome Gesture With The Patches, Guys!:) Thanks For Serving!:tu

Thanks! We've been talking about doing that forever, I'm pretty stoked with the design and am totally looking forward to seeing them, too!

shilala
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Huh, I wonder what they are?
I'm pretty sure Macanudo Cafe's are little itty bitty smokes? I do remember sending some great big honkin Macanudos in the last Shawn batch, I think. Is it just an M in a circle?

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
1/3 down

Well I have to agree with Mike, This cigar is putting off good smoke. I am only puffing about 1 to 3 puffs a minute. It seems to burn evenly and the ash is still very tight.
There is just no taste to this cigar for me. Not really enjoying the cigar at this point, i am just smoking it to review it now.

Ash just fell... Thanks Mike

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
They are the big ones you sent me. I looked them up they are the Macanudo Cafe' Gigante'

shilala
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey Shawn, a proper review for a cigar that sucks after you've smoked 1/3 of it is "This cigar sucks". Then you chuck it and try something else.
I think the guys here will UNANIMOUSLY agree that life is too short for sh1tty cigars. :tu

I see you said they're Gigante's. Maybe they're just not your bag, brother. They're pretty mild stuff, more for guys just starting out.

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Agreed, but that means I have to relight a new one... Well just too lazy for all that stuff right now.

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Scott, belay my last. This cigar is dead to me... What else is in the box of goodies

BTW, this cigar sucks

Mike is having problems with his internet, I think he will be back later

Cigar Mike
09-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Eh, I'm having a tough time finding _bad_ things to say about this, but I really don't have any _good_ things to say about it, either. It's not terrible, but it's just bland and boring. It was built well, it burned well, it just didn't really treat me well.

shilala
09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
You guys need to be looking for the dark, spicy sticks. Not the lady stuff.

Cigar Mike
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
You guys need to be looking for the dark, spicy sticks. Not the lady stuff.

Ha! For the record, I feel the need to point out that this was Shawn's pick tonight.

Just saying.
:)

shilala
09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Lol. Maybe he'll wanna snuggle later, Mike!!! :tu

Cigar Mike
09-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh, no! He did just drive me to dinner at the DFAC, too.
It all seemed so innocent until now!

shilala
09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
That made me lol for real.

Shawn hines
09-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Ok, Yes I did pick them cause they were 2 of the same and large gauge cigars.

Yes I would perfer something with a little more kick.

Yes I would love to cuddle with Mike, It has been about 10.5 months.... The man is starting to look good to me; a little taller than I perfer, but we can make it work.