PDA

View Full Version : 2013 MLB All-Star Game

Coach Deg
09-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I know this is a long way off and a long shot posting here, but what the heck. Every other summer, myself and some friends and kids, go on a baseball trip and visit different parks. Next year we planned on hitting the new New York parks, Boston, Nats, and Baltimore. So we decided to try and work our trip around the ALL-Star Game or Homerun Derby.

So here is the question does anyone have a lead on where to buy any tickets for the AllStar Game or Derby when available??? I know its a longshot, but I have seen stranger things here on CA. We need 6 tickets, and like I said buy, we are not looking for free.

icehog3
09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I believe it's done by lottery for season ticket holders, and that all MLB teams get an allotment of tickets as well.

If you don't have a connection with a season ticket holder at the hosting ballpark, your best bet is to buy at a premium in the secondary market.

jonumberone
09-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Mike, like Tom said, Secondary market is your best bet.
When the time comes, that's where I'll be getting my tix.

Just be prepared for sticker shock!
I'm willing to bet tickets will start in the $350 - $400 range, just to walk in the door.
If my memories of 08 are correct, the Home run Derby was cheaper, but not by much.
I remember thinking it made more sense to pay the extra dough, and go to the actual game.

If you think those prices are high, just wait until the Superbowl gets to NY! :jd

Coach Deg
09-22-2012, 06:43 AM
I know it should be up there. We already got a line on 2 for the Derby. The local Bud distributor here says he gets two to the game and two for the Derby, he said we can have the Derby ones, but he's going to the game. So we will keep looking.

BigAsh
10-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Mike....just got an email on AllStar tix etc.....

https://secure.mlb.com/mlb/tickets/asg_ticketopp_2013.jsp?partnerId=ed-6483609-419145940

Lottery system registration....