PDA

View Full Version : BCS title game...Florida vs. Oklahoma

ucubed
12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
BCS just released 5 minutes ago and Florida and Oklahoma is on to Miami for the BCS title game. Who are your picks? Tim Tebow = unstoppable

ToddziLLa
12-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Two of the most exciting offenses in years go head to head. I can't wait to watch it!

I'm also excited at the opprtunity to have a tiebreaker with Texas! Go Bucks!

smokinj
12-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm always for the SEC so Florida is my pick. Go Gators:ss

jitzy
12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Florida, Tebow is probably the greatest player I have seen in years

Starchild
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
The Gators for the win!

I take great pleasure in watching Tebow play the game. He will rise to the occasion and bring the rest of the team with him. I think he's got a great shot at repeating the Heisman as well :tu

acruce
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Should be a good game

punch54
12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Will be a good one,going with oklahoma.

zmancbr
12-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Well since OU is one of the biggest choke artists teams... I am gonna have to go Florida. But I would like to see OU win it for the big 12!! I just don't have faith that OU can actually make it to a title game and not choke... maybe this is the year to prove me wrong?:rolleyes:

DrDubzz
12-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I would like to see Florida "mudhole" OU

icehog3
12-08-2008, 12:24 AM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/dawg4.jpg

DavenportESQ
12-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Two of the most exciting offenses in years go head to head. I can't wait to watch it!

I'm also excited at the opprtunity to have a tiebreaker with Texas! Go Bucks!

Tiebreaker with the Texas?!?!?! Its sad because I really feel like when UF puts 40+ points it will show the big 12 plays no defense, and once again the SEC is the best conference in all the land....The big 12 is filled with highlights, but they are all on offense and no Defense. None of those teams could survive the week in and week out conference of the SEC.

FLA by 11+

silentjon
12-08-2008, 02:39 AM
The Sooners by 10.

ashmaster
12-08-2008, 05:55 AM
I don't think Oklahoma will be able to handle the Gators. The Gators seem to have/play with more heart.

ucla695
12-08-2008, 06:45 AM
My heart wants OU, but my mind says Florida.

theycallmedan'lboone
12-08-2008, 07:01 AM
The first half should be good. The second, I see Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin runnin away with it. I wish the Heisman voting was AFTER THE NC... good way to figure who wins, especially when the 2 best (probably) choices are playing one another.
Florida by 14 or more.

Ragin Cajun
12-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Wanted Alabama, but still rooting for the SEC.
Gators by 14!

Tombstone
12-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Tiebreaker with the Texas?!?!?! Its sad because I really feel like when UF puts 40+ points it will show the big 12 plays no defense, and once again the SEC is the best conference in all the land....The big 12 is filled with highlights, but they are all on offense and no Defense. None of those teams could survive the week in and week out conference of the SEC.

FLA by 11+

Spot on!!! SEC will prove their dominance once again.

zmancbr
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Spot on!!! SEC will prove their dominance once again.

I really hope not... as much as it pains me to root for OU, that is who I want to win so all the Big 12 haters can shhhhhhh! :r

But lets face facts... OU chokes in the big dance... :rolleyes:

acarr
12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Well since everyone else thinks Florida, I will go with Oklahoma!

TripleF
12-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Soooooo, since they've redone the BCS , or should I say 'since they created the BCS', this BCS Championship Game should come on the weekend before the Super Bowl some time in early, what, March? LOL

GO GATORRRRRRRRSSSS

aldukes
12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
The first half should be good. The second, I see Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin runnin away with it. I wish the Heisman voting was AFTER THE NC... good way to figure who wins, especially when the 2 best (probably) choices are playing one another.
Florida by 14 or more.

i will be printing this post.

I agree with Boone- Im not sure if OK has seen a team with the speed of Florida. Gators +3?? Im not too sure about that.

DrDubzz
12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I wish the Heisman voting was AFTER THE NC...

so does Vince Young

TideRoll
12-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I like Bob Stoops, liked the OU fans I ran into with the Bama/OU series a couple of years back. I like the spirit of that young QB of theirs; he looks like he has big things in his future. That said, OU has given up some serious points several times this year. I'm not convinced that the big points in the Big XII have completely been due to lack of defense, but I do think at least some of it has. I've seen some spotty secondary play in a couple of the Big XII games I've watched this year.

I think that Florida, since getting their wakeup call with Ole Miss, has been as hot as any team in the country. Tim Tebow, as good as Bradford and Harrell and McCoy are, has put that team on his shoulders and pushed them to another level and deserves serious consideration for a second trophy.

Alabama had four first team All-Americans this season. We were stout and tough as nails and I was convinced we were the team of destiny this year. Yet Florida was able to put the key plays together and win the SEC Championship Game in the 4th quarter. They have been dinged up on the D-line but have filled in well and are getting help from the LBs. They have developed into one of the top defenses in college football, and that is where I think OU will run into trouble. I think UF is capable of scoring on almost every possession against anything but a top flight defense. I don't think OU will be able to consistently score against UF. I think this comes out 35-28 in favor of the Gators.

Partagaspete
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Florida did miss Harvin against Bama but Tebow alone was too much for Bama. If Harvin is healthy and he should be me thinks gators by 12. Both with my heart and my head.

T

zmancbr
12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I think that Florida, since getting their wakeup call with Ole Miss, has been as hot as any team in the country. Tim Tebow, as good as Bradford and Harrell and McCoy are, has put that team on his shoulders and pushed them to another level and deserves serious consideration for a second trophy.

I have to disagree there... while there is no doubt that Tebow does a fantastic job and carries the team on his shoulders... I think there are many more worthy guys this year for the trophy. I think Colt mcCoy and Sam Bradford both deserve it more than Tebow does, because both have put up far superior numbers and both of them also carry their team on their shoulders.

Out of those two I think its a toss up ... Colt is the better all around player IMO but Sam has put up better numbers... in the end I could see either of them winning the trophy but to me Tebow is a distant 3rd...

If I had to pick a winner I would say Bradford will win because OU got to play in the Big 12 championship and that will be the most recent memory of him which should give him an edge.... :tu

longknocker
12-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Florida by 7! Should be a great game to watch!:)

Made in Dade
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I hate to say this but I think Florida will spank OU. Oklahoma has had a poor bowl record the last few years and Florida is hot right now.

Genetic Defect
12-09-2008, 03:36 PM
glad I'm not the only one hating to admit that Florida will win :bh

and Colt McCoy :r

icehog3
12-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I think Colt mcCoy and Sam Bradford both deserve it more than Tebow does, because both have put up far superior numbers and both of them also carry their team on their shoulders.

But the Gators are on their way to the National Championship on Tebow's shoulders, so those are the shoulders I'd rather be carried on. ;)

zmancbr
12-09-2008, 06:39 PM
But the Gators are on their way to the National Championship on Tebow's shoulders, so those are the shoulders I'd rather be carried on. ;)

While I agree with you the same c
ase can be made for Texas and oklahoma...both are where they are because of bradford and mccoy... If I were voting it would be one of those two...
Posted via Mobile Device

Genetic Defect
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Graham Harrell gets my vote :D

icehog3
12-09-2008, 10:00 PM
While I agree with you the same c
ase can be made for Texas and oklahoma...both are where they are because of bradford and mccoy... If I were voting it would be one of those two...
Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough....I am definitely biases being a 25+ year Gator fan, but the other two are defintiely top-tier.

silentjon
12-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Very little love here for the Sooners.

silentjon
12-10-2008, 05:12 AM
I hope none of you Gators fans are responsible for this:

http://www.timtebowsong.com/

rizzle
12-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Along with TideRoll I have a great deal of respect for OU and feel sort of a kindred spirit with their program. That being said, defense is going to win this game and Florida has the better one. Although I think I would rather see the Sooners bring it home, I'm going with the only team to stop the Tide this year. And I'm going with them because of the way they played defense against us and because of their red zone scoring. If they get into the red zone it is very hard to keep them out of the end zone. When they score, it is typically a touchdown. They don't kick many field goals. And if we couldn't wear their defense down enough to take over the game in the 4th, OU ain't doing it either.

Florida by 10.

jledou
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Defense? We don't needs no stinking defense.

Can OU put up 60 for six straight games?

Stoops wouldn't be embarrassed 3 years in a row would he?

I in for the Big 12 winning both this year (Texas and OU).

It kills me a little to say it but ... Boomer Sooner and Hookem' Horns ...
Oh that hurt.

aldukes
12-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Today's cover of SI:

Gators 31- Bama 20

zmancbr
12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Defense? We don't needs no stinking defense.

Can OU put up 60 for six straight games?

Stoops wouldn't be embarrassed 3 years in a row would he?

I in for the Big 12 winning both this year (Texas and OU).

It kills me a little to say it but ... Boomer Sooner and Hookem' Horns ...
Oh that hurt.

Believe me it hurts me to root for the sooners too... :rolleyes:

But I have to root for them even if I don't think they can stop the beast that is Florida...:hn

DrDubzz
12-10-2008, 11:22 AM

then don't do it, IMO, no self-respecting Horns fan should. I'd like to see a decent game maybe, but Go Gators!

zmancbr
12-10-2008, 12:00 PM
then don't do it, IMO, no self-respecting Horns fan should. I'd like to see a decent game maybe, but Go Gators!

Yeah but I would much rather the Big 12 win... if OU wins, then the horns fans can always say we beat the national champs that season... if Florida wins, then it makes the SEC look like the tougher better conference this season and I want the SEC fans to get beat bad lol... bad enough that I am rooting for the sooners... :hn

rizzle
12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Today's cover of SI:

Gators 31- Bama 20
Thanks for the reminder.:hn

icehog3
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah but I would much rather the Big 12 win... if OU wins, then the horns fans can always say we beat the national champs that season... if Florida wins, then it makes the SEC look like the tougher better conference this season and I want the SEC fans to get beat bad lol... bad enough that I am rooting for the sooners... :hn

It should...they were. ;)

longknocker
12-10-2008, 03:41 PM

Agreed, Admiral!:tu

longknocker
12-10-2008, 03:48 PM

:tu No way I can root for Oklahoma, since I'm a Texas Alum! Go Gators!

zmancbr
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM

I have to disagree there... the Big 12 from top to bottom is a much stronger conference... the BCS championship will help decide which conference has the best team (kind of since I bet that UT would have beat Florida).

But this is exactly the kind of talk that makes me root for OU.... :ss

icehog3
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
I have to disagree there... the Big 12 from top to bottom is a much stronger conference... the BCS championship will help decide which conference has the best team (kind of since I bet that UT would have beat Florida).

But this is exactly the kind of talk that makes me root for OU.... :ss

Well, then we can agree to disagree, no conference is even close to SEC from top to bottom, in my humble opinion. ;)

zmancbr
12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, then we can agree to disagree, no conference is even close to SEC from top to bottom, in my humble opinion. ;)

Well then we certainly do agree to disagree lol...:D

icehog3
12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Well then we certainly do agree to disagree lol...:D

Maybe we can agree to both smoke a nice cigar during the game? :)

Genetic Defect
12-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I agree

wshan
12-10-2008, 04:52 PM

But I have to root for them even if I don't think they can stop the beast that is Florida...:hn

Even Mack Brown voted us #1 in the coaches poll. Go with your team's coach. Go Gators! :)

zmancbr
12-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Maybe we can agree to both smoke a nice cigar during the game? :)
Now that I can agree to lol... :)
Posted via Mobile Device