PDA

View Full Version : Need help on the Famous Value line

Big Maduro
09-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I have read in the forum about the Nicaraguan Value line being good. The question I have is this. The ones I've read about were the 3000 or 4000 line. What about the 300/500 etc.? I'm not sure what the numbers mean. Are these still good sticks?

Zanaspus
09-17-2012, 08:12 AM
I have read in the forum about the Nicaraguan Value line being good. The question I have is this. The ones I've read about were the 3000 or 4000 line. What about the 300/500 etc.? I'm not sure what the numbers mean. Are these still good sticks?

Well, first for nomenclature, there's the Famous lines (in thousands) and Value lines (in hundreds). They are two different kettles of fish. The Famous line is good to go IMHO. Everyone mentions 3000 and 5000 because those are the ones that have been widely tried. I've tried an number of Nicaraguan and Dominican, and I must say, I've never gotten a bad stick.

The Value Line is more hit and miss. There are some OK ones, and there are some dog rockets. So my advice would be that as long as you stick with the Famous lines, you won't find a loser. You may find some that don't wow your palate, but that's the same with any cigar.

Hope this helps.

Blak Smyth
09-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I used to enjoy the 3000 but the 5000 was better. The rumor was the that these were made by Oliva. I also used to enjoy the Nic Maduro from Famous. I don't really smoke many NCs anymore but I do not know if there is a better NC bargain out there if you find a bundle from Famous that you like. Mac would have some good info here, he turned me onto the 5000. I plan to some day put up a sampler in the FS section with some of these as well as other NCs but who knows when I will dig through the cooler and try to find them.

Big Maduro
09-17-2012, 10:50 AM
See, I new someone could clear it up for me. Thamks guys.