PDA

View Full Version : Punch Champion Double Maduro

omowasu
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Saw this cigar while I was purchasing some scotch and figured I would give it a whirl. I always liked Punch double maduros and have never had one I would consider bad.

The Punch Champion Double Maduro is a great looking (and somewhat hard to find) figurado measuring 4.5x60, and it really reminded me of an AF Hemingway WOAM. The wrapper was a dark chocolate color and a little toothy. The cigar was heavy for its size and had a tiny split in the wrapper under the label.

Off the light I got a bitter smack, which I am not a fan of, and thought the worst... But this baby quickly settled into a slew of flavors, primarily woodsy and leathery with a mocha background. Burn was perfect throughout the smoke and the flavors changed as the ash progressed, eventually picking up some mustiness and pepper. I really enjoyed this one and smoked it to the nub.

Id suggest trying these if you are a maduro fan, you cant go wrong at the right price (less than 5.00 US).

Ogre
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Not a big Punch fan, but will keep an eye out for one.

09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
I have only had the normal champion, one of the 1st I smoked kicked my ass, but this looks tasty! I have been wanting to revisit it so I'll keep my eye out for this guy