PDA

View Full Version : On Deck

Mentallyrechartd
09-06-2012, 06:32 AM
So, personally, I generally don't smoke on days I work. It's overnight and lately too hot to sit outside and not get carried away by mosquitoes when I get home in the morning. So, as I go through my week, I mentally put a few cigars "on deck" for the weekend. It gives me something to look forward to. Currently, on that list in my head are a La Palina El Diario, El Triunfador Lancero, Tatuaje Cojonu 2006, and a Padron '64 Maduro. Your next smoke may be in 6 months when your tour of duty ends, or in 6 minutes after you reply to this thread, but "what's on deck?":dr

shilala
09-06-2012, 07:05 AM
RyJ Cazzie

RevSmoke
09-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Everything in my humidor.

Seriously! I could try and plan something, but it never works out. What I was in mood for as I write this post, may change in 10 minutes - and it is certainly possible to have changed by the time I have my next cigar (probably this evening).

I won't know what I really want to smoke till the situation arrives and I usually have a good dozen or more to choose from when I get that opportunity to have a cigar.

Remember now, I usually only smoke about 4 a week, if that many.

kelmac07
09-06-2012, 07:16 AM
This is why I always travel with my 30 count loaded to the gills...never know what I'm gonna be in the mood for. :D

RHerrington
09-06-2012, 07:44 AM
On deck would be...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0PFbSvBWwZM/UD_wC9BtEcI/AAAAAAAAAHM/LYDXDhNmPrc/s702/PICT0060.JPG

Most likely starting with La Dueña tonight, and the My Father Le Bijou tomorrow night... the rest will fall into line as the weekend progresses -(P

irratebass
09-06-2012, 07:47 AM
This is why I always travel with my 30 count loaded to the gills...never know what I'm gonna be in the mood for. :D

I load up my 15 count usually on Sundays and it's just kinda pic and choose, no real thought, just what catches my eye.

Apoco
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
On deck would be...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0PFbSvBWwZM/UD_wC9BtEcI/AAAAAAAAAHM/LYDXDhNmPrc/s702/PICT0060.JPG

Most likely starting with La Dueña tonight, and the My Father Le Bijou tomorrow night... the rest will fall into line as the weekend progresses -(P

The La Duena has been at the front of my mind since a week ago when I had one. Tasty, tasty stick.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaBear
09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm between a Dunhill Signed Corona or a Tat Reserva A Uno for the drive up to work. I've got til 4:20 to decide though.

jjirons69
09-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm like the Rev, I don't know until I start plundering.

N2 GOLD
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Everything in any of the Humi's is fair game. Just depends on my mood at that moment... :ss Smoke them if got them... :ss

maninblack
09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I just reach in and pull out whatever suits my taste at the moment. Right now, nothing sounds good. But that will inevitably change.

poriggity
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Yup, it's all about what sounds good when it come time for a smoke. I went to my local shop last week, and picked up a My Uzi Wheigs a Ton, because I'd heard some great things about it. I smoked it, and it was quite possibly the most boring and flat stick I've ever smoked. Sometimes hype is not all it's played up to be.

09-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Yup, it's all about what sounds good when it come time for a smoke. I went to my local shop last week, and picked up a My Uzi Wheigs a Ton, because I'd heard some great things about it. I smoked it, and it was quite possibly the most boring and flat stick I've ever smoked. Sometimes hype is not all it's played up to be.

I wanna get my hands on a Bait Fish, Had the 5x60 and it was to big of a smoke plus had some major burn issues. I enjoyed the flavors thou

I got a Humi full of ready to smokes. I just pull out whatever I am in the mood for, never really have anything planned

poriggity
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I wanna get my hands on a Bait Fish, Had the 5x60 and it was to big of a smoke plus had some major burn issues. I enjoyed the flavors thou

I got a Humi full of ready to smokes. I just pull out whatever I am in the mood for, never really have anything planned

Yeah I haven't written them all off yet... I may try another one. My biggest issue was the 5x60 I smoked was $9 plus tax at my local shop, and I felt like I got ripped off big time :r:2

CigarNut
09-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Most have covered what I was going to say but I will reiterate... I always carry more than I need when I am out and about. For short trips I have my 15 count caddy. For longer trips I have a 30 count. For really long trips I bring both.

I always have a 3 count case with me and I have a small humi (10 or so sticks) on my desk at work.

It's hard to predict what will be "on deck". It depends upon a lot of things: available time, mood and what else I am doing... In any case, I always pick a winner :)