PDA

View Full Version : Healtfelt bead tubes, what to get? 65% or 70%?

Smooth23
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Finally got myself a small 50ish count humidor so I can get my sticks out of the tupperware. Im liking the idea of getting heartfelt bead in tube form. Should I get %70 or 65%? It seems to be more dry here, but I dont want my sticks to be too wet if I go with 70.. advice?

EricF
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I personally like to keep my cigars @ 65%. I feel they smoke a little better.

What % rh are you keeping the tupperware at?

If you like they way your cigars smoke now then I would say match what you have now!

YMMV!

dilespla
08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I'll be following this as well. I've read so much in the past few weeks, it can be a little overwhelming. I've got a bunch of cigars coming, and a 50 count humidor as well, but nothing to balance the humidity yet. I've read a lot about Shilala Beads and other stuff, just don't know where to start.

Smooth23
08-30-2012, 04:22 PM
The tupperware is currently at about a shotglass full of water, :) yeah, ghetto humidifier setup in that.

bobarian
08-30-2012, 04:46 PM
The tupperware is currently at about a shotglass full of water, :) yeah, ghetto humidifier setup in that.

This is not a good idea at all! It is better to go with no humidifier than with water alone with no regulation. You will find mold forming quite quickly. Get rid of the water and just leave the cigars alone until you get your beads.

I have found that I prefer my cigars at 65% or even lower. :2

Zane
08-30-2012, 05:00 PM
This is not a good idea at all! It is better to go with no humidifier than with water alone with no regulation. You will find mold forming quite quickly. Get rid of the water and just leave the cigars alone until you get your beads.

I have found that I prefer my cigars at 65% or even lower. :2

Mine is at 65 on the money!

kelmac07
08-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I keep mine at 63% RH and everything smokes like a champ. :2

mithrilG60
08-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Personally I find that at 65% and lower the cigars burn way too hot which makes then bitter and hides a lot of the subtle tastes. I prefer about 68 - 70% but, as others said, YMMV and it's all personally choice. It also depends on what you smoke, non-Cuban's seem to take to lower RH better than Cubans. The vast majority of people on this board prefer 65% make of that what you will.

Smooth23
08-31-2012, 09:05 AM
thanks for the input, went with the 65% beads

WittyUserName
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
I keep my desktops and tupperware all at 65% (HCM beads) as well and for my herfadors I use Boveda 69 packs.

but it does come down to what you like and I would also say where you live, how dry it is.

Hammerhead
09-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Ah, the perennial RH question lives again!

Having asked this myself on a 'prior' bulletin board (CS), many a member in-the-know including SeanGar, indicated that 65% was the better level for aging, which I also fined to be better for smoking. So IMO, go with the 65% for best all-around results for aging and smoking. I've had my humidor at that level for years, now, since I was but a wee chimp in the jungle.