PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Illinois Attorney

Whee
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
My banter buddies know my ex and i have been dealing with a bullying issue surrounding our youngest daughter. Today, "justice", and I use the term loosely, was served.

Looking for some input on the Illinois bullying law as it pertains to Winnebago County. We were told the county doesn;t follow state law in this case.

Point me to any advice or resource would be appreciated!

:tu

ChicagoWhiteSox
08-23-2012, 04:25 PM
My banter buddies know my ex and i have been dealing with a bullying issue surrounding our youngest daughter. Today, "justice", and I use the term loosely, was served.

Looking for some input on the Illinois bullying law as it pertains to Winnebago County. We were told the county doesn;t follow state law in this case.

Point me to any advice or resource would be appreciated!

They don't follow state law on bullying? Depending on what actually took place, I think there are other routes to take, harassment or the like might be something to look into.

Whee
08-23-2012, 04:42 PM
They don't follow state law on bullying? Depending on what actually took place, I think there are other routes to take, harassment or the like might be something to look into.

We were originally told it qualified as harassment, but the threat, "If you don't get off Facebook, I'm going to choke you" following a barrage of insults, was deemed not specific or credible enough.

My ex was told the standard is different in Winnebago. I'm trying to confirm.

The offending posts have been removed, LEO has contacted the mother, ordered to have no contact and that was it.

icehog3
08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
County standards can be more stringent, but not less stringent, than state law, Sean.

What the person might have been trying to say is that in practice, that county doesn't enforce the laws to their fullest extent.

Whee
08-23-2012, 05:30 PM
County standards can be more stringent, but not less stringent, than state law, Sean.

What the person might have been trying to say is that in practice, that county doesn't enforce the laws to their fullest extent.