PDA

View Full Version : Burnt tongue?

jakesmokes
08-23-2012, 10:28 AM
I am hoping I am not the only one who has had this issue.. went on a bit of a binge over the weekend. Drank a lot and, of course, smoked a bunch of cigars. I tend to smoke fast and down to the nub so I get a lot of heat. I burned a spot in the center of my tongue. Its like a little blister and its white.

Anybody done this before? Should I be worried? Anything I can do to speed the healing?

Thanks!

T.G
08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I got roped into a speed herf contest once. The jackwagon running the contest had left the cigars out in his back yard to dry for a week before the contest.

Needless to say, burned the hell out of my tongue. After the contest was over I scraped off about a 1/2" by 1-1/4" long patch of burnt/blistered flesh from the surface of my tongue.

Didn't smoke for about two or three weeks after that, but it healed up fine.

kelmac07
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Dave...it'll heal, no worries. :D But I wouldn't smoke anything for a few days (mostly because it won't taste right). No idea how to speed the healing process.

Subvet642
08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
No. I've only ever burned my mouth with pizza or soup. I don't imagine your burn could be very much different from that.

BFallehy
08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I have felt like I have burned my tounge before but never had a sore apear. if it doesn't go away in a couple of days you might want to have someone look at it, and I don't mean a stranger on the street, I would suggest a stranger in a lab coat that will expect to be paid. :tu

Subvet642
08-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I got roped into a speed herf contest once. The jackwagon running the contest had left the cigars out in his back yard to dry for a week before the contest.

Needless to say, burned the hell out of my tongue. After the contest was over I scraped off about a 1/2" by 1-1/4" long patch of burnt/blistered flesh from the surface of my tongue.

Why Adam, why?

Subvet642
08-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I have felt like I have burned my tounge before but never had a sore apear. if it doesn't go away in a couple of days you might want to have someone look at it, and I don't mean a stranger on the street, I would suggest a stranger in a lab coat that will expect to be paid. :tu

Not this guy!:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/14030487/2/stock-photo-14030487-mad-scientist-playing-with-syringe.jpg

jakesmokes
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks all for the words. I just get a little nervous when I have something happen as a result of the smoking. I am try to lay off until it heals.. but occasionally I will partake and just smoke reeeeeeeel slow so as to not let the air get too hot. Been taking tons of vitamin C too. Maybe that will help.

T.G
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Why Adam, why?

Someone pushed me out of my chair and yelled "He'll do it"

I was trying to be a sport about it.

In the immortal words of Danny Vermin "ONCE."

BFallehy
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Not this guy!:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/14030487/2/stock-photo-14030487-mad-scientist-playing-with-syringe.jpg

Wheres you sense of adventure, that is the perfect guy to do the exam. :hy

Subvet642
08-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Someone pushed me out of my chair and yelled "He'll do it"

I was trying to be a sport about it.

In the immortal words of Danny Vermin "ONCE."

http://pramateur.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/dangerously.jpg

Subvet642
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Wheres you sense of adventure, that is the perfect guy to do the exam. :hy

Fortunately, it was knocked senseless by my survival instinct.

srduggins
08-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Try taking Lysine, available over the counter. Should help heal up any mouth sores quicker.

RWhisenand
08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
While I've never burnt my tongue with a cigar, I have gotten sores in my mouth for which I was advised to gargle with a salt water solution. That did seam to help.

ChicagoWhiteSox
08-24-2012, 11:25 PM

lol that's awesome Adam:r