PDA

View Full Version : End of An Era

CigarNut
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
For much of the last 25 years I have listened to a morning radio show out of Los Angeles: The Mark and Brian show on KLOS.

5-10am each weekday morning found me hooked up to my radio listening intently. While ostensibly an LA radio show, Mark and Brian were syndicated throughout the US.

I was truly entertained by the people on this show and it has been a part of my life for a long time. I identified with Mark (Mark Thompson); he is near my age, his kids are near my kids ages, he has a hot wife :), he likes scotch and tequila, and he smokes cigars :D

Today was the last day of the Mark and Brian radio show, as Mark decided it was time to retire (he is 56) and do something else. The radio station decided not to continue with Brian and someone else; it is all over with.

I will miss these people; they made my day much better. Time to find something else to fill the void...

Riff Raff
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Aren't these the same two guys that faked a murder confession on the air to boost ratings?

I lived in LA for a number of years and I remember listening to this "confession" on the air. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It turned out to be a hoax and they were fined heavily for it by the FCC.

They had a TV show for a short while too. Talented guys. Funny stuff.

CigarNut
08-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't remember any murder confession or anything like that, but I would not be surprised.

srduggins
08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I haven't listened to them in years, but still sad to hear it ending.