PDA

View Full Version : Padron 64 = "Porsche"

pearson
12-06-2008, 08:36 PM
A couple of years ago my uncle (anastelogist makes good money) goes to a cigar shop for my dad and asks for the "Porsche" of cigars. Well the guy working there shows him the Pardon 1964, so he buys 6 of them.

So at Christmas time he gives dad 5 and smokes one with my dad. Getting him self hooked and finding my dads favorite at the same time. Now all that my uncle will smoke is Padron's well I have tried to widen his choices with RP and Partagas, but he has not tried them that I am aware of. Maybe he is scared of them who knows.

But this year I have cooked up a sampler to knock his socks off but to tell him what they are with out talking about dollars I want to compare them to cars. help me out with this.

So in the mix is
Padron 80th anny
Padron 40th anny
davidoff 6000
some kind of small Opus X not the XXX (I dont really want to knock his socks off)
Ashton VSG
Maybe a tat black.

and of course

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/381/dsc01379iu9.jpg

Thanks Pearson

bigloo
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Great idea, and you must love you uncle very much.

If Padron 64 is Porsche, then:

Padron 80th anny -- Aston Martin (best "everyday" driver period, luxury and speed)
Padron 40th anny -- Maserati (Better the a porsche, but still "everyday" driver)
Davidoff 6000 -- Bentley (no question on this one, ultimate in luxury and refinement)
Opus X -- Lamborghini (Its a famous name that dissapoints:))
Ashton VSG -- Jaguar (Sleek, Sexy, affordable luxury)
Tat Black -- Ford GT (The american threat)

This was fun! Again, you must really love you uncle. BTW, by everyday driver I mean you can take the car to the store without having the chasis grind all the way like in other sports cars, its why porsche is so common, super-fast but you can drive em everywhere.

jaycarla
12-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice selection of smokes. Bigloo, great job on the car comparison also. I can't really do any better than you did there.

CaRyan
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
"Opus X -- Lamborghini (Its a famous name that dissapoints)"

possibly one of the funniest things i have read in a long time bigloo.

pretty neat post too, i may be a newb but i am a fan of the Padrons

Vitis
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM

LMAO :r:r:r:r

pearson
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Great idea, and you must love you uncle very much.

If Padron 64 is Porsche, then:

Padron 80th anny -- Aston Martin (best "everyday" driver period, luxury and speed)
Padron 40th anny -- Maserati (Better the a porsche, but still "everyday" driver)
Davidoff 6000 -- Bentley (no question on this one, ultimate in luxury and refinement)
Ashton VSG -- Jaguar (Sleek, Sexy, affordable luxury)
Tat Black -- Ford GT (The american threat)

This was fun! Again, you must really love you uncle. BTW, by everyday driver I mean you can take the car to the store without having the chasis grind all the way like in other sports cars, its why porsche is so common, super-fast but you can drive em everywhere.

Thanks alot. I do love my uncle he lives in santa fe and offer to let me stay with him if I got a job there for as long as I wanted. BTW dad is getting the same package.

ScottishSmoker
12-06-2008, 09:19 PM
My God the comparison of the Opus to the now disappointing Lamborghini line is exactly RIGHT on...Thank you so much! Bigloo, I agree wholeheartedly with all but one of those comparisons...Rolls-Royce is a much better comparison to the Davidoff...only because, like Lamborghini, once Volkswagen took over...its been a pure disappointment...honestly, who builds a sports coupe on a truck platform (the Continental GT is built on the Volkswagen Touraeg platform...)...

As far as back to the original poster...AWESOME SELECTION...minus the Lambo of course...

JE3146
12-07-2008, 03:16 AM
"Opus X -- Lamborghini (Its a famous name that dissapoints)"

possibly one of the funniest things i have read in a long time bigloo.

pretty neat post too, i may be a newb but i am a fan of the Padrons

I agree, I about spit coffee on my keyboard! :r

longknocker
12-07-2008, 04:51 AM
A couple of years ago my uncle (anastelogist makes good money) goes to a cigar shop for my dad and asks for the "Porsche" of cigars. Well the guy working there shows him the Pardon 1964, so he buys 6 of them.

So at Christmas time he gives dad 5 and smokes one with my dad. Getting him self hooked and finding my dads favorite at the same time. Now all that my uncle will smoke is Padron's well I have tried to widen his choices with RP and Partagas, but he has not tried them that I am aware of. Maybe he is scared of them who knows.

But this year I have cooked up a sampler to knock his socks off but to tell him what they are with out talking about dollars I want to compare them to cars. help me out with this.

So in the mix is
Padron 80th anny
Padron 40th anny
davidoff 6000
some kind of small Opus X not the XXX (I dont really want to knock his socks off)
Ashton VSG
Maybe a tat black.

and of course

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/381/dsc01379iu9.jpg

Thanks Pearson

Wow!!!! If that doesn't "Knock His Socks off", Nothing will! Very Nice Selection!:D

sofaman
12-07-2008, 05:40 AM
Great selection!!! He should love each and every one :ss

ashmaster
12-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Great flippin' sampler. You done yourself proud putting those together!!!:ss

Sauer Grapes
12-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Padron 80th anny - Porsche Carrera GT (saw one of these in person this week. Believe it or not, parallel parked on the street)
Padron 40th anny - 911 Turbo (why change from Padron being Porsche
davidoff 6000 - Maybach (overpriced, boring, but not a flaw to be found and definitely of quality)
some kind of small Opus X not the XXX (I dont really want to knock his socks off) - Lambo is a good comparison here. Not just the disappoint side, but there are those that like them and have good luck with them. They are temperamental though.
Ashton VSG - BMW M5 (spicy but solid. Not too showy, but can keep up with the best of them)
Maybe a tat black. - Tesla, the new breed of cigars.

Footbag
12-07-2008, 06:42 AM
I find the 64's small quickly. In that respect they are like the porsce as well.:-)

pearson
12-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I am thinking of adding a TAT RC184 anybody have a name for that?

ucla695
12-10-2008, 07:17 PM
He'll be hooked for sure. Great sampler!!

gettysburgfreak
12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Awesome selection, definite top shelf smokes

Padron 80th anny -- Ferrari 360 Modena (expensive as hell but worth every penny)
Padron 40th anny -- Lamborghini Gallardo (Sexy, exclusive, wont disappoint)
Davidoff 6000 -- Aston Martin Vanquish (Lots of hype, decent, but not worth the price)
Opus X -- BMW M3 (Appeals to a select group)
Ashton VSG -- Porsche GT (All around performer)
Tat Black -- Corvette (Best bang for the buck)

Blueface
12-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Wow!
Nice smokes.
Really nice smokes.:dr

barbourjay
12-11-2008, 06:28 AM
i'd say lambo fits the opus correctly. BTW, those are opus x power rangers. they are the only ones that come with a ribbon on their foot.

i love the RC184's but they take a little while to develop and can be intimidating to most.

pearson
12-11-2008, 05:41 PM
i'd say lambo fits the opus correctly. BTW, those are opus x power rangers. they are the only ones that come with a ribbon on their foot.

i love the RC184's but they take a little while to develop and can be intimidating to most.

I thanks, the ones in the pic are power rangers because that is what dad is going to get. I have a couple of others.