PDA

View Full Version : How often does your flavor profile change?

dadof3illinois
08-05-2012, 07:34 PM
How often does everyones flavor profile change? I'm finding that mine are always moving and at this point I don't think I really know what I like..!! I've been smoking cigars for several years, both NC's and CC's. For the most part I"m not partial to either (...for the most part...LOL).
a few months ago I couldn't get enough mild to med body cigars that have a lot of creamy and coco notes then I moved to earthy leather stuff and now I'm loving really spicy full body stuff.
Does your flavor profile move around and move that fast? Heck who know's what I'll be craving next week?

Ogre
08-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Mine changes on a regular basis. I dont know what I want from day to day.

icehog3
08-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Jerry! What is up, My Friend! :D

My palete drifts slowly, but at certain points I will crave a certain profile over all others....the last 8 months or so, it's the Ramon Allones type. But just a complete change like you describe has happened to me maybe twice in the last 10 years.

dadof3illinois
08-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Yea Tom I'm still around....:D. You know I could understand if mine were over a 10 year period but this has just kind of started the last year or so? Not that it's a huge problem or anything but more weird I guess. Just means I have to keep a bigger variety of sticks on hand.......which I like anyway!!

icehog3
08-05-2012, 08:09 PM
That works for me too, Jerry. Like Larry above, I always make sure I have lots of different stuff on hand in case a different mood hits. :tu

Whipper Snapper
08-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Jerry!?

688sonarmen
08-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Often, not daily but about monthly or so. I started smoking mild sticks and worked my way up to full and spicy. Then back down again. Within the last year I have been smoking more mild full flavored cigars but recently I have been smoking more full bodied. It's more of a roller coaster than anything.

kelmac07
08-06-2012, 05:47 AM
In the past 18 months...mine has not changed a bit, still crave those full and spicy sticks. Every once in a while I have a "change of pace" stick...something a lot milder than what I prefer to smoke. But it must be the first stick of the day, otherwise, I don't enjoy it. :2

68TriShield
08-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi Jerry!
I have always switched around depending on what I'm craving.So I always have different profile cigars on hand.

longknocker
08-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Variety Is The Spice Of Life, Brother!:D I Change My Prefences Every Day! :tu

dadof3illinois
08-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Jerry!
I have always switched around depending on what I'm craving.So I always have different profile cigars on hand.

Dave!!!! Glad to see you again my friend. This is just something I've never had happen before. Not that I mind, it's just different. I worry that I'm not going to like my 898's or Boli CG's if I keep up at this rate....;)

Mikepd
08-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Jerry, nice to see an old timer swing back by!

It is funny you bring this up because in the past year for more reasons than not, I only smoked a dozen or so cigars. So recently I picked up a couple NC sticks out of my collection I used to enjoy more regularly before I turned towards CC's and found them to be harsh and over powering. I'm happy I tried them again just to know that what I'm smoking is what I do enjoy and I'm not missing out on other sticks. Seems my tastes haven't changed much in the past ~4 years.