PDA

View Full Version : Ammodor...

N2 GOLD
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Hello to all,

I need some HELP, Can anyone tell me if the "Ammodors" make it pass TSA at the airport as carry-on??? Starting August 4th I'll be in Puerto Vallarta for 10-days. The plain is to take 25-30 sticks but I don't want to do the tupperware thing and my travledor is way tooo small. I would hate to loose all my smokes before I get to start my vacation... -(P

THANKS,

Rico

Remo
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Hello to all,

I need some HELP, Can anyone tell me if the "Ammodors" make it pass TSA at the airport as carry-on??? Starting August 4th I'll be in Puerto Vallarta for 10-days. The plain is to take 25-30 sticks but I don't want to do the tupperware thing and my travledor is way tooo small. I would hate to loose all my smokes before I get to start my vacation... -(P

THANKS,

Rico

You would like to think they would make it through bro, as long as there is no ammo :r but who knows with TSA :sh

md4958
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Hello to all,

THANKS,

Rico

Its just like a cigar caddy, which in essence is an otterbox, which was designed for that purpose for other than cigars (cameras, electronics, etc)

Ive brought my cigars on many flights with nary a second glance.

no torch lighters though!

OLS
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I tend to think the other way. I see everything the way they might..."another smart a55 trying to
mess with us." Confiscated without cause just because THEY CAN. :td

md4958
08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Its just like a cigar caddy, which in essence is an otterbox, which was designed for that purpose for other than cigars (cameras, electronics, etc)

Ive brought my cigars on many flights with nary a second glance.

no torch lighters though!

Ok, my initial image of what an ammodor is was totally wrong. I thought it was a plastic carry case designed for pistols.

I would think you would have an issue walking through the airport with an ammo can. Stupid would really be the only way I would describe that behavior.

Stick to the tupperdor

The Poet
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I remember years ago that Lew Rothman complained his ammo boxes full of Honduran cigars were stopped in customs, and he had to have his legal department jump through hoops to get them cleared, despite all the proper paperwork which accompanied this commercial shipment. And this was BEFORE 9/11. So me, I would not risk it.

N2 GOLD
08-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I hear you all and THANK YOU. I'm not going to risk the T/W it is. Why the hell would anyone want to going on vacation after TSA just jacked their load. It's not a vacation without cigars...

area51
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Why not pick up a padded pelican case?

T.G
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I remember years ago that Lew Rothman complained his ammo boxes full of Honduran cigars were stopped in customs, and he had to have his legal department jump through hoops to get them cleared, despite all the proper paperwork which accompanied this commercial shipment. And this was BEFORE 9/11. So me, I would not risk it.

I remember that too. While it is believable for the most part, Lew's reputation as a master bullshit artist when it comes to stories about cigars preceeds him.

Such being said, I agree with Moe, carrying an ammo can through the airport is probably not a smart idea. Even if you get past TSA, third world country airport security might respond violently to what they see as a military ammo can.
Posted via Mobile Device

area51
08-01-2012, 02:02 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1200-Case-Camera-Black/dp/B0002INQT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343851142&sr=8-3&keywords=pelican+case

The Poet
08-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I remember that too. While it is believable for the most part, Lew's reputation as a master bullshit artist when it comes to stories about cigars preceeds him.Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, and I suppose the reason he could not fulfill the orders for these, which he'd gone to the expense to advertise, was so he could spin a good yarn, even if it p!$$ed off customers. :rolleyes:

T.G
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah, and I suppose the reason he could not fulfill the orders for these, which he'd gone to the expense to advertise, was so he could spin a good yarn, even if it p!$$ed off customers. :rolleyes:

I never said that. More like he embelished the story.
Posted via Mobile Device

N2 GOLD
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Why not pick up a padded pelican case?

Would I just don't have the time for shipping...

T.G
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM

Fry's Electronics stocks pelican cases. As do some gun stores and camera stores. Can't speak for gun store or camera store prices, but Fry's are pretty decent. Iirc, there are at least a few Fry's in SoCal.
Posted via Mobile Device

08-01-2012, 02:52 PM
PM sent

cobra03
08-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Talked to a buddy who is a TSA officer. She said that technically you could bring it but it would probably cause you more grief than its worth. I can imagine alot of people freaking out at the sight of an ammo container at the airport.

OLS
08-01-2012, 04:47 PM
PM sent

You had damn sure BETTER have sent him a PM, lol. Fast shipping, in 3, 2, and 1...

08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
You had damn sure BETTER have sent him a PM, lol. Fast shipping, in 3, 2, and 1...

Haha, no custom case here. Would take to long 5day to ca from md but my supplier is based outta ca so 1 day should work for him in a pinch

bobarian
08-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Just box them up and send them USPS to your hotel. :2