PDA

View Full Version : Ash

captTrips
07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
I've been trying to find an answer but am having difficulty. First, the cigars are fine and I do not smoke flavored cigars. The cigars are stored well. I've noticed recently that the ash of the cigar has white, almost crystal shaped, flecks. They are not big, but are noticeable. My mind tells me I've asked about this before but I can't remember the answer. ;s. Thanks for the assistance.

md4958
07-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Just minerals in the tobacco leaf. Nothing to be worried about.

The Poet
07-28-2012, 02:04 PM
What cigar? What wrapper? You may get more of a reply with some specifics.

T.G
07-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Just minerals in the tobacco leaf. Nothing to be worried about.

Yup.

---

Here's a photo of what Moe is describing:
http://www.vitolas.net/albums/userpics/10002/cigar_grain_01.jpg

dvickery
07-28-2012, 02:45 PM
tooth

derrek

captTrips
07-28-2012, 06:58 PM
That's it. I heard last time this was good. Is that true?

RWhisenand
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I guess if you enjoy "toothy" cigars then yes. I've heard that the little white dots are formed from tiny blobs of tar, which causes the cigar to become "toothy".

T.G
07-28-2012, 07:36 PM
That's it. I heard last time this was good. Is that true?

It's just excess minerals. Not really bad, not ideal because it means the plant was over fertilized, but doesn't really hurt anything.

T.G
07-28-2012, 07:41 PM
I guess if you enjoy "toothy" cigars then yes. I've heard that the little white dots are formed from tiny blobs of tar, which causes the cigar to become "toothy".

Tooth and mineral deposits are two different things, although they do look similar prior to combustion.

Tooth is a characteristic of certain varieties of tobacco, take Cameroon tobacco for example, and doesn't have anything to do with the excessive mineral levels.

Note, they aren't mutually exclusive. You can have toothy wrappers that also have excessive mineral deposits.

No tar in tooth btw.

RWhisenand
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Tooth and mineral deposits are two different things, although they do look similar prior to combustion.

Tooth is a characteristic of certain varieties of tobacco, take Cameroon tobacco for example, and doesn't have anything to do with the excessive mineral levels.

Note, they aren't mutually exclusive. You can have toothy wrappers that also have excessive mineral deposits.

No tar in tooth btw.

Thanks for clarifying!