PDA

View Full Version : DPG Cuban Grade

bigloo
12-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I was going through my humidors this morning and in one humidor, 113 cigars if you must know, 3 cigars had split wrappers or shedding wrapper, ALL three were DPG cuban grade. It is definately not to moist in there, hell, I am smoking the worst offender now and it is drawing perfect. Are these sticsk known for poor wrappers?

TOB9595
12-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Interesting dilemma

Could the rh be too low and this would happen?

I'm pleased that you can still enjoy the sticks
Tom

bigloo
12-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Could be, but the chances of all three? I am 99% sure they were ordered together, could be a bad batch, although again, I am 50% through trhis bad boy and it is tasty!

SmokinApe
12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Corojo wrappers are thin and delicate... Could there have been an influx in RH? Maybe they were shipped a bit wet and cracked as they dried?

duckmanco
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I have had the DPG black do that to me too, that wrapper seems to be SUPER thin when compared to a lot of others. The few I had seemed to do it right at the foot, and when smoked past the crack, still tasted awesome. The sol cubano cabinet seems to be just as prone to cracking.

montecristo#2
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I would assume you are talking about the DPG black label cuban classics.

When these first came out I bought a couple of each size and half of them the wrappers cracked (especially the figurado). These wrappers did seem particularly thin to me as well. I have not had any in a while, so I don't know if anything has changed since then.

Don Fernando
12-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I smoked quite some DPG Blacks, never had a wrapper problem.

auburnfan1980
12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I smoke a TON of these and will confirm that they probably have the weakest wrapper of all the rest in the DPG family. However....it also ranks as one of my faves, so I'm willing to look past a small flaw in the wrapper that usually happens close to both the foot and head of the stick.

Jason

taltos
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM
The only cigar that I have had more cracking problems than DPG Blacks has been Oliva Serie O #4's.

Don Fernando
12-07-2008, 01:18 AM
if we are talking about cracking problems, then we are talking about the Oliva V series. I've seen several 'explode' during smoking.