PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of these cigars?

Sonic04GT
07-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Being a rookie, I don't recognize many, but for 83 cents a stick shipped...

Obviously there's nothing great but what do you guys think for toss around smokes?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA39

Link for those interested. Use the Google one at the bottom someone posted. $20 + $5 shipping
http://slickdeals.net/f/4916752-Po-Boy-Cigar-Sampler-III-19-99-4-95-shipping

gnbikes
07-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Meh...you would probably be better of getting a handfull of the fivers they do on the daily Joe Deals...
Garry-(

AlohaStyle
07-22-2012, 11:52 PM
If you want cigars simply because they are cheap, go for it. I personally wouldn't wish those on my worst enemy...

Dunkel
07-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Crapola

OLS
07-23-2012, 06:52 AM
The only cigar I recognize in that entire bunch is a Victor Sinclair. Stay far away, OR get em and have
NO expectations. They will taste like 83 cents every time you puff on em.

If you want taste and cheapness, take a look at this...

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=ws

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=dealDetails/dealID=377/-5-00-Off-.html

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=closeout

longknocker
07-23-2012, 07:00 AM
I've Learned My Lesson The Hard Way. There Is A Reason The Price Is So Cheap!;)

lilcgrsmkr
07-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Being a rookie, I don't recognize many, but for 83 cents a stick shipped...

Obviously there's nothing great but what do you guys think for toss around smokes?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA39

Link for those interested. Use the Google one at the bottom someone posted. $20 + $5 shipping
http://slickdeals.net/f/4916752-Po-Boy-Cigar-Sampler-III-19-99-4-95-shipping

i smoke cheap, but maybe not..dude... i have smoked bahia blues, arganese...they are not as cheap as those for the size but they are okay for everyday.

OLS
07-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Try to remember one thing that will be with you the rest of your life once you learn it. ESPECIALLY TODAY.
When money is tight, businesses still have to make a profit. SO when there is SO little out there that a profit
can be made on, the things CI seizes upon to make a profit at THAT PRICE are SO BAD that you are actually
risking your own life or taste buds by smoking it. There is no telling what those cigars are like for 83 cents each.

Cigar smoking at it's very heart, is about pleasure. If you cannot afford to smoke a cigar that gives you pleasure,
and I mean YOU as in the general population, then you should either smoke less often or find another hobby.
To smoke a cigar that gives you the illusion of being a cigar smoker but puts you through what that collection
would put you through is simply going through the motions and hardly worth your time or the taste it will leave
in your mouth. I doubt you need to go to a whole lot more expense to find something smokeable.

You are going through what I went through when I first took up cigars...where can I get FREE cigars? Where
can I find CHEAP cigars? How can I get MORE cigars. Where do I PUT all my new cigars? How cheaply can I STORE
all my new cigars? It's the same for almost everybody. That's why you are HERE. You can read about every
other dumb thing every other smoker ever did and what they learned from it. Money WILL be spent. Get used
to that concept and just buy something good.

smitty81
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
If your going to do that, you just as well buy the mass produced machine rolled cigars at your local gas station.

(swishers, Black-N-Mild, White Owl)

ApexAZ
07-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I like fuego originals for knockarounds.

cmitch
07-23-2012, 08:52 AM
83 cents. Wow! Must be palate daisycutters and taste bud imploders. I've seldom found anything worth smoking for under $2.00 to $3.00.

dvickery
07-23-2012, 10:05 AM
chris

i love your avatar...about 165 dives logged.

folks...sometimes we have to make our own mistakes to learn...solid advice tho.

finally...i bought a couple of 12.75$us boxes of smokes once(yes cheaper than chris')...turned out to be killer smokes...bolivar chicos.so you never know.

derrek :hm

CRIMPS
07-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Life is too short. For me, I get a queasy feeling just looking at that deal. :2

FNA
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Anybody who's trashing them ever actually smoke these cigars?

NPRCHRISTOS
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Being a rookie myself I would say if you like them, fine. You're money, you're tastes. But i'm finding that I like stronger and more expensive smokes, even though I can't always afford them. I have a friend who has smoked cigars for years but only likes mild cigars?! Go figure...right? To each his own....

SvilleKid
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I smoked a lot of cigars that were cheap when I was a rookie. I found that I enjoyed (at that time) several that many old-timers wouldn't touch with a ten foot match. As I matured in my tastes, I would go back and retry them, and find them often too mild and bland. However, they served a purpose at the time, and can be an important step in learning what you like.

Disregard the naysayers. At that price, they are definitely cheap enough to try for yourself to find out id any of them are hidden gems. Remember, there are tons of people on the "boards" that poo-poo Macanudos, but it is still one of the best selling brands in the world!!! It's all about what YOU think about the taste, not what we think about the taste. And, if the price is right, give them the taste test!!!

One of the beauty with these samplers with several of the same sticks..... If you like it, you have a few more. If you don't like it, you have one or more unsmoked ones to cut open, see how they are made! Or, if the first one doesn't float your boat, but doesn't make you want to eat dog turds, put it back, let it sit for a few months, try it again. You never know!

oooo35980
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
The chances of more than a couple being good are slim to nil. If you watch CSS and The Monster and Cigarbid you end up getting deals on decent smokes. Buying these IMO would be like throwing money down a well.

kelmac07
07-23-2012, 02:20 PM
The chances of more than a couple being good are slim to nil. If you watch CSS and The Monster and Cigarbid you end up getting deals on decent smokes. Buying these IMO would be like throwing money down a well.

I'm with Isaiah on this. :D

AlohaStyle
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Disregard the naysayers.

He started a thread asking us what we thought... we gave our honest answers. I wouldn't think anything less of the guy if he bought them and I wouldn't think anything less of him if he came back saying he liked them. If someone likes a cigar I don't, that's great. We all have different preferences. But I gave him my honest answer and I hope he appreciates what we all have said, answering his question.

CRIMPS
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Being a rookie myself I would say if you like them, fine. You're money, you're tastes. But i'm finding that I like stronger and more expensive smokes, even though I can't always afford them. I have a friend who has smoked cigars for years but only likes mild cigars?! Go figure...right? To each his own....

Strength has very little to do with price. I highly doubt all those cigars are mild.

forgop
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
CI tends to make every dollar cigar seem like they stumbled upon a gold mine at an unknown manufacturer's warehouse that should go for $6-10/stick.

In my newb days, I feel for the verbiage and smoked the worst cigars I've ever had. There's a reason why they're not able to get a buck for them. :2

area51
07-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Id pass man. Quality over quantity. That is not to say there aren't great cheap smokes to be had. These just aren't them.

MrWolf55
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here that those cigars are probably a real waste of coin and you more than likely wouldn't enjoy them. And consider this - if you smoke a few and find out they're all garbage, you can't really turn around and re-sell them. Unless you go to your nearest Circle K and sell them for a few bucks to some teenagers for blunt wraps.

My philosophy towards cigar smoking is that, like it or not, our hobby is risky and could potentially harm your health. Knowing that, I'd rather put my health at risk smoking an Opus X rather than a 'hesitant pirate;' they're both just as harmful to you - might as well smoke the one that you really enjoyed and was worth it.

Ender
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd pass. I'd rather buy one good cigar than have all those in my humidor that I wouldn't enjoy at all. Overall I agree with most of the comments in here.

lilcgrsmkr
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
He started a thread asking us what we thought... we gave our honest answers. I wouldn't think anything less of the guy if he bought them and I wouldn't think anything less of him if he came back saying he liked them. If someone likes a cigar I don't, that's great. We all have different preferences. But I gave him my honest answer and I hope he appreciates what we all have said, answering his question.

alohastyle..u are right..

Newbie_nick
07-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I think that others have stated similar thoughts, but I would avoid that sampler. Actually, I tend to avoid the samplers in general because CI tends to lace cheap cigars in with decent ones.

If you want cheaper cigars, I would go to one of the bid sites, do some research, and fire off some bids!

Sonic04GT
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Haha well this thread was a little more successful than I had assumed. I'll stay away :)

CRIMPS
07-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Haha well this thread was a little more successful than I had assumed. I'll stay away :)

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj_lTic3RTi0VSAT0HQobskHK4ZXyDZ ZaAq2NqqzIeFrYNSABW

FriendlyMan
07-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm in to Cigars for about 7 years now.
What happened to me when I was new is that I mistakenly bumped in to a good cigar shop and they recommended some good cigar for me, well no, they recommended some real good cigar and the rest was history I had a hard time going down from there and smoking anything cheaper. What really did it for me, was after I had that real good stick I went back and tried a $1 filter cigar from the news stand. I gave one puff and that thing, (I don't want to call it cigar anymore) flew out my car window as far as I could throw it. It tasted like paper towel. But you know what, its like with everything else. The store still sells so many of those. I see the drunken guys on the corner smoking those all the time.

My point is, I don't think their is anything wrong with "trying" any of those. But don't expect to get excited. If you do you do and if you don't don't say we didn't warn you :) You could spend that $30 $40-Bucks on a fiver or sometimes a Ten pack offer of better smokes.
A member on here might even offer you a sampler for sale.

Once you try a few better ones you'll understand what we are all trying to say.
The key here is to try to pay less for the better smokes. And learn what you enjoy and what you don't.

Islayphile
07-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Eject