PDA

View Full Version : starting my own brand of cigars

Mr.Weeee
07-15-2012, 12:03 PM
am thinking about starting my own brand of cigars nothing big just maybe to some local shop and stuff and maybe to some of guy just to try and see if they are good or crap maybe some free cigars to..will see

JenksAnejo
07-15-2012, 02:29 PM
:confused:

BlkDrew
07-15-2012, 02:32 PM
are you going to have a larger company come up with a blend for you and then you will apply your band and have them sold at shops around you?

LasciviousXXX
07-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Good questions! Creating your own blend takes a couple of years....and a decent amount of money ;)

Ncpsycho
07-15-2012, 09:35 PM
What type of cigars are they- wrapper\filler\binder?

pnoon
07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
am thinking about starting my own brand of cigars nothing big just maybe to some local shop and stuff and maybe to some of guy just to try and see if they are good or crap maybe some free cigars to..will see

:confused:

:tpd:

Can someone translate please?

jluck
07-15-2012, 10:12 PM

Can someone translate please?

Sorry Peter, I tried....I can't...:sh

pnoon
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Sorry Peter, I tried....I can't...:sh

I appreciate the effort, Jared.

pnoon
07-18-2012, 12:01 PM
are you going to have a larger company come up with a blend for you and then you will apply your band and have them sold at shops around you?

What type of cigars are they- wrapper\filler\binder?

I guess we'll never know. :rolleyes:

Blak Smyth
07-18-2012, 12:13 PM
There is a good BOTL here at CA that makes some good custom cigars, in fact he has posted in this thread asking you for some more info. You should let him know what you are thinking as he may have some advice for you.

BlkDrew
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
There is a good BOTL here at CA that makes some good custom cigars, in fact he has posted in this thread asking you for some more info. You should let him know what you are thinking as he may have some advice for you.

Who is this you speak of?

Just kidding. I think he was talking about contacting a manufacturer to have his label put on. The amount of money and resources to start your own company is a lot. There are also a lot of taxes involved if you were to sell to a cigar shop.

Brooks W
07-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Is this even English???

RobR1205
07-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Is this even English???

As confused as I am as well, I'm pretty sure that since he is overseas in Afghanistan, the internet use is pretty crappy, and the time he gets to use it very limited...grammer is prolly not a real concern at this point :tu

oooo35980
07-18-2012, 02:20 PM

I am thinking of starting my own brand of cigar, nothing big, I'll probably just sell to local shops and stuff. I also may sell to some of the guys on the forums, just to see if they are good, or crap. Maybe I will give some away for free as well, we will have to see.

It's pretty bad but hardly unintelligible.

massphatness
07-18-2012, 02:31 PM
c'mon guys -- a couple commas here and there; a period or two, and it makes perfect sense. There are a great many -- A GREAT MANY -- far less intelligible posts here and on other boards.

The Poet
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
I understood the initial posting easily. What I did not understand was its point, nor why he'd seem to think this forum is somehow his Twitter account.

Just my :2 , and worth every penny.

RobR1205
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
c'mon guys -- a couple commas here and there; a period or two, and it makes perfect sense. There are a great many -- A GREAT MANY -- far less intelligible posts here and on other boards.

Blak Smyth
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
What I do not understand is if he is trying to hire somebody to roll cigars for him or if he wants to try and roll his own. Does he have any experience rolling his own? I know Drew makes it look easy, but it would take tons of practice to reach the level required for a finished product to sale in shops.

OLS
07-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I did something like this, and I stress the SOMETHING like this for one of our troop support liasons in a helicopter wing,
you might remember "Comanchero"...I designed a band for him and simply re-banded some cheap General cigar stuff
and some JR alternatives, whatever I could get at a deep discount. By the time he left the theater, I had created a
whole line of different cigars with the same basic band but a 'cigar name' on it, "War Horse" was a giant cigar that
came in a glass tube, I have forgotten all the others...it was a hoot for him, having his own brand to hand out to
people complete with the squadron logo worked into the band. And I made sure to tell him which cigars were basically
crap and which ones were likely to be good or have repeatable flavor results. IT WAS LIKE having your own brand for
all he cared. Selling em in stores, eh, totally different thing I guess.

FriendlyMan
07-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I think what he was trying to say is that he has a dream of one day rolling his own cigars and selling it locally. I assume he might not be aware or maybe he is aware that its not so simple legally he just wanted to see every ones reaction. I think I did see a thread in here onece discussing rolling your own. They where buying tobacco leaves and the box presses and everything. But rolling your own for retail is a whole different level. I don't think its like a lemonade stand or cup cake sale were people will just order.
I do have to say that I do know of one place in Brunswick NJ that has a roller in the shop which I find amazing in 2012 so every time I drive up there, not very often, I drive the few extra miles just to buy a few in house cigars. It didn't cost more and I feel like I'm getting something home made so to speak.

Brooks W
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM

I was obviously being a bit facetious...

pnoon
07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Confusion and (lack of) punctuation aside, the thread was made and members asked legitimate questions with the intent to help. Questions were read and subsequently ignored.

We are not Twitter.
:2

pnoon
07-19-2012, 09:23 AM
As confused as I am as well, I'm pretty sure that since he is overseas in Afghanistan, the internet use is pretty crappy, and the time he gets to use it very limited...grammer is prolly not a real concern at this point :tu

I agree with you, Rob - to a point.

We have a great many deployed members who are able to communicate effectively and respond to those who are addressing concerns and questions.

massphatness
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
We are not Twitter.

Facebook?

pnoon
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Facebook?

:sl

RobR1205
07-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Facebook?

:r

area51
07-19-2012, 11:08 AM
If anything this site is like instagram.

Mr.Weeee
07-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Sorry about that, I was just seeing how much it would cost to start a little cigar bran. I have look in to it and right now i just cant do it

FriendlyMan
07-19-2012, 02:52 PM
No Problem man, no one will be mad at yah for trying.

All the best.

Sorry about that, I was just seeing how much it would cost to start a little cigar bran. I have look in to it and right now i just cant do it

Garbandz
07-21-2012, 06:36 AM
MMMM......Cigar Bran.......breakfast of the semi-literate........

kelmac07
07-21-2012, 06:57 AM
MMMM......Cigar Bran.......breakfast of the semi-literate........

:r :r :r

RobR1205
07-21-2012, 09:18 AM
:r :r :r

area51
07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
YUM!