PDA

View Full Version : Dominican Republic Cigars.

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and had a question. I will be in the Dominican Republic in August. Can any suggest a good brand to smoke while I am there.

Thanks.....-(P

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I like a medium body cigar. Nothing too spicy or dark. Thanks. -(P

pnoon
07-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Moving this to Cigar Discussion since this is not a review.

massphatness
07-12-2012, 11:16 AM
While in the Dominican you should smoke nothing but Nicaraguan cigars. Should you visit Nicaragua, only smoke Dominicans. This will keep the manufacturers in those countries on their toes, and you'll end up with a better product in the long run.

In all seriousness, I tend to smoke what I enjoy most when travelling. What I like, you may not -- smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
While in the Dominican you should smoke nothing but Nicaraguan cigars. Should you visit Nicaragua, only smoke Dominicans. This will keep the manufacturers in those countries on their toes, and you'll end up with a better product in the long run.

In all seriousness, I tend to smoke what I enjoy most when travelling. What I like, you may not -- smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

Well I did not want to bring any with me. Would rather try a local brand. -(P Just thought some one may have been there recently.. :2

Don Fernando
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Cigars are more expensive in the DR then they are in the USA. Bring your own.

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I really like the Padron 2000 cigar. I'll store them in my himidor for 3+ months before smoking. I really dont want to carry over cigars to the DM and wonder if customs will take them from me. :(

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Cigars are more expensive in the DR then they are in the USA. Bring your own.

LOL. Do you know the customs law in the DM. Can I bring a box without a hassle..? -(P

N2 GOLD
07-12-2012, 11:36 AM
If you like Padron take them. Most cigar factory are far and away from the hotel area. That's what I was told. Remember, Padron smokes GREAT anywhere in the world... -(P

CigarNut
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I would bring some sticks with you as you just don't know what you are going to find. I would avoid buying anything advertised as Cuban as it's likely to be fake. You would be better off trying really local stuff that is not exported, as you just don't know if any big name stuff is legit.

Also, I think it would be a real trek to get any Padron's in the DR. I believe that they are Nicaraguan. Having said that, Padron's are so fantastic it might be worth a trip to their factory :)

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
If you like Padron take them. Most cigar factory are far and away from the hotel area. That's what I was told. Remember, Padron smokes GREAT anywhere in the world... -(P

Cool thanks.. I will bring some with me then... -(P

Don Fernando
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
LOL. Do you know the customs law in the DM. Can I bring a box without a hassle..? -(P

Don't know, never been to the DR, I know from friends that cigars are sick expensive unless you want fake Cubans, those puppies are cheap (& nasty)

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Ok.. Thanks for the info guys. I will bring my own and chance customs. I'm not going to be stuck without cigars for 8 days... -(P

lenguamor
07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Make time to visit the La Aurora factory. 100+ years of cigar-making tradition is a must-see.

GreekGodX
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM
There should be no problems with customs unless you are bringing a huge amount of inventory with you. Cigars for personal use will be fine to get through customs.

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Make time to visit the La Aurora factory. 100+ years of cigar-making tradition is a must-see.

I will. thanks.

michaelyak
07-12-2012, 03:55 PM
There should be no problems with customs unless you are bringing a huge amount of inventory with you. Cigars for personal use will be fine to get through customs.

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I may just bring 10-12 in my travel humidor.