PDA

View Full Version : Bit by the Habanos bug.

Savor the Stick
07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I cracked open my last box of Sancho Panza Double Maduro and figured I would replace it in the Vinotemp....so off to the website to purchasing another.
Got all set to hit confirm and said to myself for a few dollars more I can have a box of "Por Larranaga-Panetelas. So I cancelled and went and bought a box of PL's.
With an exception of a few NC cigars, I am really enjoying the CC's more then the NC.

Just wanted to say Thanks to many BOTL that have fanned the flames of my love for those cigars from the ISOM; you know who you are.:)

K

Trace63
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
why dont you hand me your credit card and save yourself while you can

ApexAZ
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm flat broke. It's both a good and a bad thing. The DBall BTT couldn't have come at a better (or worse) time for me because I simply am unable to fall to the dark side, no matter how bad I want to. In a few months though, that should all change.

massphatness
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
:hm You starting down the CC slope, are you, Kevin?

Karma can be a b!tch at times, brother.

kelmac07
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
More maduros for me. :D :D

timj219
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
This is hilarious because I just clicked away from a NC purchase for the same reason - I'm going to save up a few more bucks and go for a box from the dark side - trinidad reyes and a couple three packs of something. I blame DBall. I was perfectly happy with my NCs before he showed up at my place and twisted my brain with his illicit goods. :)

DBall
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Why is my name all over this thread, people?!

Muahahahahahaha!

;s :r

kelmac07
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Why is my name all over this thread, people?!

Muahahahahahaha!

;s :r

Not just in this thread...seems that Dan is a very bad influence. :D :D

big pete
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I know how you feel. Going to start clearing out some NCs to fund some more CCs. Heck, they're cheaper than the NC sticks I like

Savor the Stick
07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
You starting down the CC slope, are you, Kevin?

Karma can be a b!tch at times, brother.

I fell down the slope long ago. But Thank God I could not afford cigars then.
In your case Vinny it was not karma, I was just paying off a kindness.

So leave me alone! :D

Not just in this thread...seems that Dan is a very bad influence. :D :D

Actually I saw his name on a bathroom wall with a curse word after it....

Just kidding ya a little Dan. :tu :)

ArgusP2
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey Kevin! Where have you been? I was expecting to see you at SoCal! When are we herfin' again!!

Ismith75
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Interesting it's hitting you NOW considering that Boli you sent me a while back is one of the best smokes I've ever had! :tu Enjoy the new (more expensive, dangerous and rewarding) slope!

Savor the Stick
07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey Kevin! Where have you been? I was expecting to see you at SoCal! When are we herfin' again!!

I wanted to be there. Butttttttttt.......My back is worse then ever, and the less moving around the better.--But I wanted to thank you for the pics, makes it nice to see everyone enjoying themselves, almost like being there.

Interesting it's hitting you NOW considering that Boli you sent me a while back is one of the best smokes I've ever had! :tu Enjoy the new (more expensive, dangerous and rewarding) slope!

Glad it was such a hit with you. That was from the warehouse closure from several years ago. It was '98 CE. I've exactly 3 of those left. :r
No I meaning that I actually stopped a NC purchase and went on to purchase a box of CCs. 1st time that happened.
It's gonna be a very low decline of a slope...Thank God the money is just not there to indulge.

Savor the Stick
07-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Hey Kevin! Where have you been? When are we herfin' again!!

Sorry just saw that. whenever you are in Brea, or close.....Lord willing the back is having a good day.:tu:):)

Blak Smyth
07-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Sounds like a smart move Kev!

Savor the Stick
07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a smart move Kev!

You're one of the ones I'm "thanking" Shane!

:tu

SteelCityBoy
07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
That is such a tasty slope to slide down K! Be careful or you'll end up like Shane! ;)

Savor the Stick
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
That is such a tasty slope to slide down K! Be careful or you'll end up like Shane! ;)

Yeah but what a way to go!

Not possible I don't have the disposable income our "little buddy" has.

Blak Smyth
07-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah but what a way to go!

Not possible I don't have the disposable income our "little buddy" has.

That is a joke, unless you are talking about Ken!
I have to save for months to buy anything.

SteelCityBoy
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
That is a joke, unless you are talking about Ken!
I have to save for months to buy anything.

By joke you might mean I have the funds to buy, but lack the ability to because of what is known as "the wife!" :r

Enjoy your slide K! I am just starting to dabble in the CC world myself and am loving it so far! I just don't need anything pre-1990 like Shane does! :r

Although, I hear if I ever do try some aged CC's it will be hard to smoke anything any better!

Have fun with it brother K!

FriendlyMan
07-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Bit the what bug? What's that? Where do u find that bug?

icehog3
07-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Bit the what bug? What's that? Where do u find that bug?

It's a love bug, my friend, and from the looks of your post it seems that Cupid's arrow has found you as well.

FriendlyMan
07-11-2012, 08:55 PM
And who would that be?

KeithK
07-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Lol this thread has me cracking up. That arrow hit me a few months ago thanks to my dad.
He says here try this. I say ok, oh wow what is this??? Good god this is good. I've never smelled that before. Oh wow. What is this?? He says "Partagas Serie P from...". Well you all know and so started my love affair. Ha ha. Just had to share. Ha ha :)

longknocker
07-12-2012, 04:05 AM
This is hilarious because I just clicked away from a NC purchase for the same reason - I'm going to save up a few more bucks and go for a box from the dark side - trinidad reyes and a couple three packs of something. I blame DBall. I was perfectly happy with my NCs before he showed up at my place and twisted my brain with his illicit goods. :)

DBall & Vin Are To Blame For Most All Of Our Slide Down The Dark Slope!:D It's Well Worth It, Though; Enjoy!:D:tu

FriendlyMan
07-12-2012, 05:37 AM
If I'm not mistaking, Dball is an old trouble maker. I think he was one of my first trades I ever did since I started with cigars. It must have been like 6 years ago. But I don't think bugs were involved.

Blak Smyth
07-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Dball , it would seem, is a Cigar Villian. He looks like Cigar Jesus and turns NCs into CCs and water into espresso. He kicked me off the cliff when I was looking over the edge.

maninblack
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM
HabaNO's? Like Mac said, more NC goodies for the rest of us.

FriendlyMan
07-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't want to pick a fight a fight or anything. I know people disagree, but the NC's are just fine for me unless thier is really somthing out there that I don't know about.
I'm sorry if I'm hurting anyone's feelings. Lol

ApexAZ
07-12-2012, 10:11 AM
The habano's I've had that I really liked were like smoke candy. Literally. It's good stuff and now I want more.

Blak Smyth
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't want to pick a fight a fight or anything. I know people disagree, but the NC's are just fine for me unless thier is really somthing out there that I don't know about.
I'm sorry if I'm hurting anyone's feelings. Lol

Everybody has their own tastes, nothing wrong with it :tu

FriendlyMan
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess, I might still need to learn.

Savor the Stick
07-12-2012, 01:07 PM
I will never stop liking and buying NC. Just too many I enjoy.:D

pnoon
07-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Just a reminder (from our rules) for those newly bitten.

2. Cuban Cigars

As a general rule, Cuban cigars produced after 1962 are illegal to import, buy, sell, trade, and/or gift in the United States. Therefore, please do not make any threads or posts asking about, discussing, or even hinting (e.g. using initials, sounds like, first names, etc.) about:

how to buy Cuban cigars in the United States,
retailers of Cuban cigars that purportedly ship to the United States--please do not name any names, link to any sites, include pictures that link back to their websites, etc.,
shipping methods for Cuban cigars, including countries of origin and/or pictures revealing the same, and/or
buying, selling, or trading Cuban cigars.

Additionally, do not PM other members for information about any of the above. Doing so may be viewed as spam and dealt with accordingly.

If you’re fortunate enough to live in a country in which Cuban cigars are legal, then you’re the envy of many here! However, since we are a United States-based forum, we ask that you nevertheless follow the rules laid about above.

Savor the Stick
07-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Thanks Peter!

longknocker
07-13-2012, 03:51 AM

:tu

Dunkel
07-16-2012, 04:07 AM
HabaNO's? Like Mac said, more NC goodies for the rest of us.

:tpd:

Amen brother