PDA

View Full Version : Compare Cigars Thread

FriendlyMan
07-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Do you do it? Is it possible?
I know this question is not for everyone and specially not for Cigar makers.

Maybe I should give you an example what I mean.
Let's say you don't want to smoke a Padron or a Davidoff every day or every time because they are to pricey but we all know they are good. So you find a cigar that for you it looks, feels & tastes, very similar very close and smoke those instead. They are much cheaper but are just to good to not give credit.

Maybe we can start a thread like this if there is non.

Example: I Love xyz
Padron's -So I smoke - xxxxx
Griffins - So I smoke - xxxxxxx

MrWolf55
07-11-2012, 03:23 PM
So do you mean to say like what types of cigars do you find to be cheaper clones of your favorites?
Well, I like Don Diego Playboys and other mild connecticuts in the morning with coffee. But that early in the morning I often can't justify smoking a stick that cost me $8...So I smoke John Bulls (please dont crucify me for this :r) that I get on cbid for a song. Similar creamy taste and good construction.

ApexAZ
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Brickhouse as alternatives to Fuente.
La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro. Not really an alternative to anything in particular, but really, really tastey for $5.50. If I had to compare them to anything, it would probably be Illusione.

CigarDojo
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Diesel Shorty as a cheaper alternative to a Padron.

Although a Padron baseline cigar isn't that expensive so a Padron 1000-series is a great replacement for a more expensive Padron Anniversario.

Chico57
07-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Diesel Shorty as a cheaper alternative to a Padron.

Although a Padron baseline cigar isn't that expensive so a Padron 1000-series is a great replacement for a more expensive Padron Anniversario.

I'll second that.