PDA

View Full Version : Man o War puro authentico

Jon11
07-05-2012, 07:10 PM
What a great little cigar! which do you guys prefer the Habano or Maduro? While I'm at it the same question for the Illusione cg4. Colorado or Maduro? I love Maduro's, but I probably prefer the Habano MOW and the Colorado cg4 better.

Ogre
07-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I like the Maduros all the way, but thats just me. Try them all and see how it works for you.

RHerrington
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Haven't had the Man o' War yet, but I did smoke the Illusione CG4 Maduro on the 4th. I'm still pretty new into cigars so I can't distinguish as many of the flavors as I'd like to be able to, I really enjoyed it. Didn't have any burn issues, plenty of smoke, and an enjoyable taste throughout. Didn't seem too strong during it, but it had a little bit of a nicotine kick to it.

I'd definitely say try both the options for each stick - you could end up surprising yourself with an unexpected favorite.

pektel
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Haven't had the puro authentico maddy, but the original one is aces.

jluck
07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I absolutely love the habano version and have not had the maduro yet.

kelmac07
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I actually prefered the habano version over the maduro version. Have been letting the maduros rest for a few months...time to revisit these.

Big Maduro
07-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I have only had one of the Habano version,I loved that thing. Perfect the way it is.

Dunkel
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I actually prefered the habano version over the maduro version.

I never thought I'd see Mac prefer anything over a Maduro! LOL

I love the Habano version. I haven't tried the Maduro version yet, but I have several in the humidor ready for the tastin'!

kelmac07
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
I never thought I'd see Mac prefer anything over a Maduro! LOL

I love the Habano version. I haven't tried the Maduro version yet, but I have several in the humidor ready for the tastin'!

And to top that off...I smoked a connecticut wrapped stick tonight. First time in almost three years...and I enoyed it. :D

maninblack
07-05-2012, 11:25 PM
The habano version is much better IMHO. But age may do wonders for the maduros.

Dunkel
07-05-2012, 11:43 PM
And to top that off...I smoked a connecticut wrapped stick tonight. First time in almost three years...and I enoyed it. :D

Blasphemy!

maninblack
07-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Mac you have let us maduro whores down. Shame!!

dave
07-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Only had MOW PA in corona size. Wasn't impressed at all. Found it pretty boring.

As to Illusiones, I am surprised to find that I don't enjoy the maduros at all. Far less surprised when I learned that they use a San Andres maduro wrapper. VERY, very few San Andres maduro wrapped cigars have ever impressed me at all. I know there's one or two, but I can't think of any at the moment. Meh.

CigarSquid
07-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I have had one chilling in the cooler for 2 months now.. I forget which I have. I may smoke it this weekend..

Thanks for the reminder.

TJtorpedo
07-06-2012, 07:10 PM
For Illusiones, I prefer the colorado wrapper. I do like the MJ12 maddie though.

The cg4 is probably my favorite size, and they are awesome with about six months down time on them.

RobR1205
07-06-2012, 07:34 PM
In terms of the MOW, I like the regular better than the maduro...just because I believe the original blend is strong and robust enough!

Dunkel
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I smoked the maduro the other day while fishing and I have to agree that the Habano version is better.

poriggity
07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I've only had one, but I really enjoyed it.

oldforge
07-18-2012, 01:01 AM
If anyone needs to re-stock, http://www.joecigar.com today looks good.

jluck
07-18-2012, 02:00 AM
That's a smoking deal.

MrWolf55
07-19-2012, 08:45 AM
I've only ever had the Habano version, and remember it being quite the firecracker. Delicious but very full bodied. But I enjoyed it a lot, would love to see how the maduro stacks against it.

OLS
07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
I appreciate someone topping this thread or whatever put it in my view. With this thread a series of cogs
in my ancient head turned and finally helped me unlock the identity of the man that sent me all the killer
smokes one day. I smoked a Dirty Rat the other day and attributed it to the wrong BOTL, and until I saw
THIS THREAD, I forgot that he also sent me one of these Authenticos. I checked my blog and found out
that it was NEENS who sent them all to me. These Puro Autenticos are great cigars. I normally don't go
for this kind of stuff, not at all but this and that Rat were just great cigars. The MOW reminds me very
much of a Punch Superfino ER havana without as much tangy fruit taste.

http://olscigars.blogspot.com/2011/07/ouch-man-of-war-puro-authentico.html

07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I appreciate someone topping this thread or whatever put it in my view. With this thread a series of cogs
in my ancient head turned and finally helped me unlock the identity of the man that sent me all the killer
smokes one day. I smoked a Dirty Rat the other day and attributed it to the wrong BOTL, and until I saw
THIS THREAD, I forgot that he also sent me one of these Authenticos. I checked my blog and found out
that it was NEENS who sent them all to me. These Puro Autenticos are great cigars. I normally don't go
for this kind of stuff, not at all but this and that Rat were just great cigars. The MOW reminds me very
much of a Punch Superfino ER havana without as much tangy fruit taste.

http://olscigars.blogspot.com/2011/07/ouch-man-of-war-puro-authentico.html

Haha I know what I will be smoking tonight!

Brad I enjoy reading your Reviews!

OLS
07-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Watch it now, don't get SICK like I did...

07-19-2012, 10:55 AM

I tend to smoke slow so I hope I'll be ok

RobR1205
07-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Didn't get sick, but couldn't keep the darn thing lit! Maybe just a bad egg...