PDA

View Full Version : Tat Mini Mum

sikk50
07-05-2012, 03:09 PM
These showed up today (thanks to BlkDrew for hooking me up a box), decided to try out the Mum. Heres some of my rambling notes, also looked at DanReeve's prerelease review for some extra insight along the way.

~$7.50
Corona 5 3/4 x 42
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sun Grown Criollo
Binder: Nic
Filler: Nic

Prelight: Few small-medium sized veins. Closed foot. Smells sweet/almost floral. Sweet hayish on the draw.

1/3: Peppery leather straight off the bat, mostly pepper for the first inch, which then subsided to a leathery toast for the remainder of the first third.

2/3: Leather, cedar is replacing most if not all of the black pepper flavor. Very well balanced cigar. As it burns down the pepper is all but gone, however you find the pepper flavor as a lingering after taste that lasts well into the next puff giving a minute or more between puffs. Wasn't paying attention and allowed to go out. Relight picked up right where it left off with no harsh stale smoke taste.

3/3: Smooth smoke, produces tons of smoke every puff with no effort. Only flavors I really picked up were a continuing leathery/cedar flavor.

Final thoughts: Lots of smoke with good flavor the whole way through. Retro-haling was kind of harsh with black pepper at times. Great little smoke that lasted around an hour and twenty minutes. If this is anything like its full size brother will be, were all in for a great treat!

85/100 in my score book!

longknocker
07-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Great Review, Andrew! I See You Smoked This Fresh; It Will Be Interesting To See How These Are After A Few Months Of Rest!:tu Thanks For The Review, Brother!:)

Skywalker
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Sweet review!!!:tu

I may have to find this one!

elderboy02
07-06-2012, 05:07 AM
I really enjoyed this cigar. Thanks for the review.

07-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Got a couple resting, looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the review!