PDA

View Full Version : Palio / Esencia marketing, what happened?

spectrrr
07-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I am admittedly a couple years out of the "current" loop here, but when I checked Palio and Esencia's site today, it was like it had been frozen in time. no new events or updates since the end of 2010.

Now I love my Palio, and I know they are still in business, I just picked up a Palio for my uncle a few months ago. This thread is in no way at all meant to reflect badly on them as a company, I remember them being great people and I will continue to buy their products!!

But where did the marketing go? It's like they kept on running the company but dropped 100% of the web & marketing presence, no events, nothing?

maninblack
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Not sure. Maybe trying to get by on reputation or word of mouth alone.

Dunkel
07-03-2012, 03:30 PM
As long as Esencia cigars remain tasty and Palio's great customer service continues, they can never advertise again and I'm good with it.

fencefixer
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe they have a great reputation and well established products so they don't need any "presence" anywhere? This comes from checking up about the dull Palio cutter I'm assuming.

Or maybe..... just MAYBE.. they market that Justin Bieber perfume now and don't want anyone to know..... :lr

spectrrr
07-03-2012, 06:21 PM
yep, was looking into whether I wanted to send it back in or wait to pass by a store that carried em.

fencefixer
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I'll check if our lounge carries it, if not then that's just an excuse for us to go on a little roadtrip. :D

Ender
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Not sure. Maybe trying to get by on reputation or word of mouth alone.

I know I do my part. I love that cutter.

spectrrr
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I'll check if our lounge carries it, if not then that's just an excuse for us to go on a little roadtrip. :D

I didn't see em in the case... but I didn't really look either... I knew it was getting dull, but didn't realize just how dull till I used yours :)

physiognomy
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Francis, I know Marc will be more than happy to answer any questions directly or provide any customer service you might need. Shoot him a PM.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/member.php?u=796

spectrrr
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Francis, I know Marc will be more than happy to answer any questions directly or provide any customer service you might need. Shoot him a PM.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/member.php?u=796

Marc is good people, I met him briefly 3'ish years ago, but I had forgotten he was on here too :tu

Don Fernando
07-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Azon Cigar Lounge on the Road Trip, it was a good day.

N2Advnture
07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Marc is good people, I met him briefly 3'ish years ago, but I had forgotten he was on here too :tu

Where did we meet?

Since having the kid, the past few years have been a blur. I blame it on "baby brain" :)

~Mark

PS - Thanks for the kind words y'all!

markem
07-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Where did we meet?

Since having the kid, the past few years have been a blur. I blame it on "baby brain" :)

~Mark

PS - Thanks for the kind words y'all!

I do believe that this thread is about Palio and Marc Aub, OpusEx. Could be wrong, however.

N2Advnture
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
My bad, was reading two threads at the same time :)

whodeeni
07-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I do believe that this thread is about Palio and Marc Aub, OpusEx. Could be wrong, however.

lol! I think you're right bro.:tu

spectrrr
07-06-2012, 07:21 PM
My bad, was reading two threads at the same time :)

Just blame it on the baby brain :tu :)

md4958
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Francis,

The website may not have changed much, but I can tell you that the new products that Palio will be unveiling at the IPCPR this month are nothing but pure awesomeness!

disclosure: other than Marc being a personal friend of mine, I have no official connection to BTOL, Palio, or Esencia.

CigarNut
07-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Francis,

The website may not have changed much, but I can tell you that the new products that Palio will be unveiling at the IPCPR this month are nothing but pure awesomeness!

disclosure: other than Marc being a personal friend of mine, I have no official connection to BTOL, Palio, or Esencia.
Mo -- maye you you talk with your friend about a GB :D

LasciviousXXX
07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Ugh... I have a big bone to pick with Palio..... namely, I only have 5 cutters. I need more :tu

md4958
07-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Ugh... I have a big bone to pick with Palio..... namely, I only have 5 cutters. I need more :tu

Just wait Tyr, just wait.

markem
07-31-2012, 10:57 AM

I heard that some guy named Jack in Texas is willing to give remedial lessons in exchange for drinks. Who knows how many cutters you could get with such a deal.