PDA

View Full Version : What a horrible day (don't read if your too sensitve to dogs)

Big Maduro
06-30-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't usually act like this. This has really hit me hard. A neighbor a couple of doors down has a great Bloodhound. He is just a big gentle goofy dog. About 2:00pm today before leaving for work,I had my dog out. I noticed" Blue" was laying down. Things didn't seem right. He was trying to raise his head up. I went to check on him and he couldn't move. It was over 100 degrees today. His water bowl was tipped over,his lead was wrapped around the tie down so it stopped just short of his dog house. Without going into details (the whole thing was very ghastly) I got cold water and tried to help him. He died in my arms. I work second shift and haven't seen his owner yet. Another neighbor who had come over told me the guy was going to pieces. I left him in a sheet my wife brought over and went to work. I cried like a little school girl most of the night. Please make sure your dogs are okay in this heat. If a neighbors dog is in this situation say something. even though he's not my dog,I'm going to miss seeing his big droopy face.Thanks for listening. Mike

Chainsaw13
06-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Damn dude, thats horrible.

06-30-2012, 07:13 AM
That sucks sorry to here

OLS
06-30-2012, 07:13 AM
I came home from work last evening, and there is a hose with a sprayer shooting up into the air.
This is usually how the kid downstairs cools down in the summer, running in and out of the spray, wasting
water. But I see him walking around in his clothes. So I turned it off. he said his grandmother
did that and I should leave it the way it was. I said, 'like hell.' I hate wasting water.

Her theory, i am sure, was that the air would be cooled and the dogs would be happy. I have discussed this
with her before. The one thing the dogs are most scared of is the hose. Spraying water into the air and onto
the patio is PUNISHMENT. Not only does it banish them to their doghouses in fear, (a damn hot place in 104
temps) but it's not like they are going to lay down on the wet patio even if they would get near the hose.
So I filled up the wading pool, put a big fish tank pump in there to shoot water into the air, and put a fan behind
all of that. NOW THAT WORKS, and it doesn't waste water. I hate to see dumb people owning dogs. Not that
the guy you are talking about is dumb, but in general, not making damn sure they have water no matter what
odd thing might happen to throw a kink in your best laid's, is pretty bad in this heat.

Ogre
06-30-2012, 07:23 AM
That really sucks. I think owners caught doing stuff like that should have it done to them.

68TriShield
06-30-2012, 07:39 AM
That is terrible.The worst part is how easily the situation could/should have been avoided.You can't leave a dog tied to a lead in this county.
RIP poor fella.

kelmac07
06-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Very sad...HUGE dog lover here.

Fordman4ever
06-30-2012, 08:11 AM
That sucks. I can't believe people do this to animals. People like that should be chained up in the heat and not given water.

maninblack
06-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow very sad. My wife and I love dogs and really want a bloodhound. I am always worried about my bulldog getting out because he overheats so easily.

Salvelinus
06-30-2012, 08:28 AM
That is terrible.The worst part is how easily the situation could/should have been avoided.You can't leave a dog tied to a lead in this county.
RIP poor fella.

Sorry to hear about the dog.

I wish that was a law everywhere.

My neighbors waste of space son was living with him for 6 months last year and I continually went into their yard to untangle the lead they had his pitbull on. They were using a linked chain (because he was so tough that was all they could use... their words not mine) that would coil on itself and leave him trapped at his stake. I was so glad when the two got in a fistfight in the front yard and the son got booted. I doubt the dogs life got any better, but I didn't have to stress about it anymore.

Jasonw560
06-30-2012, 08:35 AM
All of theses stories make me sad. I LOVE dogs. People like that should be left in the heat with no water, tied up on a lead.

Big Maduro
06-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I kept going from pain to anger. I've never seen the guy mistreat Blue. He would be out playing with him and walking him. I think the guy is kind of slow. I am a big time dog lover. I hope this just helps people think about how they are taking care of their pets in extreme weather.

pektel
06-30-2012, 10:34 AM
That's Terrible news. The owner I'm sure is going to have a very hard time dealing with this.

My dog has his food/water and a bed in my garage. And I live in a rural area, so he's never tied up. Way happier animal than some of the caged dogs I've seen living in city limits.

CigarNut
06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
So sorry to hear this -- it's terrible! Dog are dependent upon us for their lives and as owners we need to act responsibly and take care of them.

I am wishing lots of bad karma on Blue's owner!