PDA

View Full Version : Monolith 1200c electronic humidor review

stevetaylor
06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
I just received my Monolith1200c electronic humidor and I must say, this machine is a beast! I searched the web for nearly a year before I determined this brand would be the best for the money and storage capacity.

The five spanish cedar trays and perfectly made and the overall storage capacity and adjustability is great. I live in Baton Rouge and humidity is always high, but so are temperatures. I wanted something that would keep my sticks at a consistent 68 degrees and a solid 70% humidity. One misunderstanding by many who purchase products like this is that they believe the humidification should be consistent from day one. That's not true! You'll want to sponge clean and season all cedar and you may season up to five times before you'll begin to see stable humidity in the range you want. The unit is extremely east to program for temp and humidity and the lighting is LED and reasonable output. Filling the water reservoir with distilled water is relative easy, but you'll want to pour it using a small plastic water bottle with a narrow opening/mouth. It's a bit crowded in that area and filling with a small bottle works best.

Freight was a breeze. The unit was shipped on a pallet and boxed and wrapped with several layers of thick foam and a final wrap of shrink wrap. The plastic wrap was difficult to remove from the metal unit exterior and took an hour to get it all pulled out of the metal edges. That was my only frustration!

Overall, I would recommend this unit to anyone who wants to store large volumes of cigars and also choses to age some of their collection for several years. The unit cooled immediately, runs very quietly and the tempered, tinted front glass looks really good. I feel blessed out of my mind to have an opportunity to own such a wonderful humidor. I believe it's worth every penny!

Steve!

688sonarmen
06-22-2012, 01:45 PM
I just received my Monolith1200c electronic humidor and I must say, this machine is a beast! I searched the web for nearly a year before I determined this brand would be the best for the money and storage capacity.

The five spanish cedar trays and perfectly made and the overall storage capacity and adjustability is great. I live in Baton Rouge and humidity is always high, but so are temperatures. I wanted something that would keep my sticks at a consistent 68 degrees and a solid 70% humidity. One misunderstanding by many who purchase products like this is that they believe the humidification should be consistent from day one. That's not true! You'll want to sponge clean and season all cedar and you may season up to five times before you'll begin to see stable humidity in the range you want. The unit is extremely east to program for temp and humidity and the lighting is LED and reasonable output. Filling the water reservoir with distilled water is relative easy, but you'll want to pour it using a small plastic water bottle with a narrow opening/mouth. It's a bit crowded in that area and filling with a small bottle works best.

Freight was a breeze. The unit was shipped on a pallet and boxed and wrapped with several layers of thick foam and a final wrap of shrink wrap. The plastic wrap was difficult to remove from the metal unit exterior and took an hour to get it all pulled out of the metal edges. That was my only frustration!

Overall, I would recommend this unit to anyone who wants to store large volumes of cigars and also choses to age some of their collection for several years. The unit cooled immediately, runs very quietly and the tempered, tinted front glass looks really good. I feel blessed out of my mind to have an opportunity to own such a wonderful humidor. I believe it's worth every penny!

Steve!

Awesome, how much do you sell them for:rolleyes:

CigarNut
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the Asylum! You should swing by here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7) and introduce yourself.