PDA

View Full Version : Rough day.

oooo35980
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
So the wife and I are staying with in-laws currently. Today sucked more than a little, my MIL got drunk in the middle of the day and proceeded to stumble around the house all afternoon, which for some reason puts the FIL in a criticizing mood. He very nearly made my wife cry when she got home, criticizing how she cares for our son. It's been such a lousy day I decided to come outside for a cigar at 10pm.

All of a sudden from across the street someone starts up with a band practice or something, which would annoy the hell out me ordinarily. These guys are actually good though, I didn't recognize the first song, the melody was soothing but I couldn't quite hear the lyrics. Then came an instrumental rendition of Folsom Prison Blues, which I would recognize anywhere, and then they stopped. I could feel myself cheering up and starting to smile as they played. I don't know who they are but I can't help but be thankful for the guys across the street in their garage, who played 2 songs and called it a night, right when I needed it.

BHalbrooks
06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Here's to a better tomorrow.

Ogre
06-21-2012, 08:17 PM

I could not have put it any better. Stay Strong Brother!!!!

Hem
06-21-2012, 08:17 PM

Amen. Just keep pushing ahead brother, things will find a way.

E.J.
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Positive JuJu your way!

racerX
06-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Once again music soothes the soul.

ironchefscott
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Glad something cheered you up after that rough day.....keep your head up!

kelmac07
06-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Hoping for a better tomorrow brother.

jjirons69
06-22-2012, 06:36 AM
In-laws...

Chip up, Mate!

smitty81
06-22-2012, 06:48 AM
So the wife and I are staying with in-laws currently. Today sucked more than a little, my MIL got drunk in the middle of the day and proceeded to stumble around the house all afternoon, which for some reason puts the FIL in a criticizing mood. He very nearly made my wife cry when she got home, criticizing how she cares for our son. It's been such a lousy day I decided to come outside for a cigar at 10pm.

All of a sudden from across the street someone starts up with a band practice or something, which would annoy the hell out me ordinarily. These guys are actually good though, I didn't recognize the first song, the melody was soothing but I couldn't quite hear the lyrics. Then came an instrumental rendition of Folsom Prison Blues, which I would recognize anywhere, and then they stopped. I could feel myself cheering up and starting to smile as they played. I don't know who they are but I can't help but be thankful for the guys across the street in their garage, who played 2 songs and called it a night, right when I needed it.

Time to check out of their house and into a hotel. When they ask why, tell them. They are adults and should treat you like accordingly.

maninblack
06-22-2012, 07:44 AM
My experience with sh!tty days is that there is always a better one on the horizon. And it makes you forget the crappy one.

Dave128
06-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Hope today is a better day than yesterday for you, your wife and your son.

gbum
06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
be strong brother...
let the cigar and song heal your soul...

Skywalker
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Here's to better days!:chr

irratebass
06-22-2012, 09:55 AM
That's the power of music. :banger

Sorry about your day and here's to a better one :chr

cjhalbrooks
06-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Sorry man hang in there

oooo35980
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
On a bright note yesterday was (Finally) the last straw for my wife, I talked her into quitting her summer job early so we could go ahead and move to Alabama. We'll be out of here on Monday instead of waiting til July.

Ogre
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Do what's right for you brother!!!

cjhalbrooks
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
On a bright note yesterday was (Finally) the last straw for my wife, I talked her into quitting her summer job early so we could go ahead and move to Alabama. We'll be out of here on Monday instead of waiting til July.

Make sure that you leave with all your cards on the table. There is truly no reason to destroy a family even if they can be an a$$ at times. No matter what family will always understand ( even if it takes a long time for them to come around).