PDA

View Full Version : Padilla Cuts Cigar Brands, Reworks Company

hotreds
06-12-2012, 06:00 PM
from "the other" CA:

Boutique brand maker Ernesto Padilla has cut production of the brands that put his company on the map. He cancelled Padilla Miami, Padilla 1932, Padilla Dominus and Padilla Artemis in his search for a fresh start. “The other cigars were becoming too discounted in the catalogs,” Padilla explained in an interview. “I wanted to be a true boutique brand, and this wasn’t the direction to go in.” Padilla is coming out with new cigars.

ironchefscott
06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
wonder what the new sticks will be....so curious

Dunkel
06-12-2012, 06:13 PM
I hope the new ones are worth a damn.

Emjaysmash
06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Very interesting! Can't wait to see what they bring out.

TJtorpedo
06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Maybe he and Pepin can get back together? :sh

emopunker2004
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Cut Miami? :emo2004

jonumberone
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM
wonder what the new sticks will be....so curious

They will be the same as the old ones.
Granted, they'll put 2 bands on them.
Most likely give them an aggressive sounding name complete with acronym
Something like, The Padilla "Punch Yo Mamma In The Titty" or PYMITT
Call them "boutique" or "Limited Edition" and charge 5X the price they are now.

Ogre
06-12-2012, 06:36 PM

:tpd:

Dunkel
06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
"Punch Yo Mamma In The Titty" or PYMITT

Better trademark that before DE gets ahold of it!;)

Powers
06-12-2012, 06:47 PM

:r :lr :tu

shilala
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Padilla made some badass cigars before he got sucked into the mass market. The '68's and '32's were phenomenal, as well as the Miami's (although I couldn't stand the Miami, they were highly vaunted).
The OR Padila Habano was incredible, and there were many more.
I'm glad he's realized he forgot who he was and wants to get back there. If he truly means it and honestly does it, I think he has a lot to bring to the table, even if he hasn't had Pepin in his corner for a good, long time.
I'd like to see him remake his brand and add a little more variety to the Pete Johnson show that the NC world has become.

Bugbear
06-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Padilla made some badass cigars before he got sucked into the mass market. The '68's and '32's were phenomenal, as well as the Miami's (although I couldn't stand the Miami, they were highly vaunted).
The OR Padila Habano was incredible, and there were many more.
I'm glad he's realized he forgot who he was and wants to get back there. If he truly means it and honestly does it, I think he has a lot to bring to the table, even if he hasn't had Pepin in his corner for a good, long time.
I'd like to see him remake his brand and add a little more variety to the Pete Johnson show that the NC world has become.

I cannot agree more. Padilla was rockin it back in 08. The original 32's are still in my all time top ten list. I hope there are some epic blends coming for all to enjoy.

:banger

kelmac07
06-13-2012, 05:45 AM
This might not be a bad thing. Older Padillas were very good. The last few years...not so much. The only stick I enjoy in their current line up is the Dominus.

stearns
06-13-2012, 08:10 AM
i remember finding a half empty box of old miami's in SC a few years back, i enjoyed that cigar more than most of what i've smoked recently. glad to see him cut things down, it was sad seeing padillas selling for $1/per, and tasting accordingly

maninblack
06-13-2012, 08:24 AM
About damn time. Hope they are better. But I've moved on from them so no skin off my back.

dave
06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Tried to smoke my fourth Artemis (from a fiver) last weekend. These are great tasting cigars - I've never tasted so much nuttiness (mostly cashew) in a cigar. Unfortunately, I couldn't get halfway through any of the four. I WISH they'd had crappy, uneven burns - at least then I could have ronson-ed my way through them. But, something about the filler/binder/wrapper combo just absolutely prevents these from burning even close to true. They alternate from pluggish to canoe to hot-bitter-tunnel.

I love the 8 11's and the more recent regular Miami's, but mostly only in corona or lancero. I, too, hope they can get the wheels back on.

Silound
06-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Here's the article about it: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16544

Anyway, personally I really liked most Padillas I smoke. The brown label Miami aged very well and the Dominus was really good after a heavy meal. I haven't smoked the new 8&11 yet though...I hear mixed reviews.

area51
06-13-2012, 01:51 PM

/thread and quoted for the truth.

lenguamor
06-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Good for him. Ernesto is a terrific guy who's accomplished much in his young life; I hope he establishes the identity he desires for the brand which will carry his name, and makes some kickass smokes.

Good luck to you, brother.

Side note: You wanna do something radically different? Make a NC Ninfa. :ss:

jjirons69
06-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Side note: You wanna do something radically different? Make a NC Ninfa. :ss:

Amen!

whodeeni
06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
This might not be a bad thing. Older Padillas were very good. The last few years...not so much. The only stick I enjoy in their current line up is the Dominus.

Loved those corona gorda's!:tu

sikk50
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.