PDA

View Full Version : Thank You To Everyone Who Has Participated In The Auction!!!

shilala
05-30-2012, 05:50 PM
There are a couple hours left, but I wanted to take a minute and say Thank You before I forget.
Thank You!!! :tu

The support this calendar year has been absolutely off the map. Come my next shipment, I will have sent over 100 Large Flat Rate APO boxes to our troops. When a care package goes out, they are absolutely 100% top rate. They're always filled with things that any one of us would be thrilled to get were the shoe on the other foot, and I think that matters. It speaks volumes about you all as a brotherhood. Top rate.
You have donated thousands of cigars, cutters, snacks, lighters, travel humis, I can't even begin to come up with a number of cigars, it's simply incredible. Cash donations between auctions and member donations have got to be pushing the five figure mark, and that's before this current auction has even finished. In these trying times, I think that is nothing short of amazing.
There's not a week that has passed since I've started helping that I have not had support from my brothers here. There are ALWAYS packages waiting in my office to be taken care of, photographed and put away.
Our current auction is going off beautifully, there are SO many incredible items to bid on, and so many brothers and sisters offering their possessions, time, money and love.

A lot of times people talk about supporting the troops, and that's what it amounts to. They'd really like to do something. You guys don't talk the talk, you walk the walk. Troop Support is ingrained into the Brotherhood. It's what you do, and it's for the right reasons. It's because we know how much love there is in sharing a cigar with our brother.
In the beginning I wondered if that brotherly love would translate. I wondered if it could be stuffed in a box and sent overseas to a bunch of kids who were wondering if they'd live to see another day.
I talk to them, it does, and to a far greater extent than I ever imagined possible. The impact is beyond anything words can describe, and runs far deeper than that which we share, if you can believe it.

Things have been so successful that I'm adding contacts weekly. I get regular pm's and emails asking for us to look after one group of troops or another. So many that I sometimes stress about whether or not we can support all those that ask for help. I haven't turned anyone away, and I won't.
I know that what we do is right and good and that there will always be more than enough to take care of everyone. God is Good, and he's put the right people to the task.
My Love and Thanks to you all, you are truly an inspiration, and you are the best of friends.

pnoon
05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I agree 1000%, Scott.
And many thanks to you and Hugh for all the "heavy lifting"

markem
05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I agree 1000%, Scott.
And many thanks to you and Hugh for all the "heavy lifting"

And to the many dedicated troop coordinators who came before you as well. The line of dedication, stretching from before CA was born, is in good hands.

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks to You and Hugh!

pnoon
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
And to the many dedicated troop coordinators who came before you as well. The line of dedication, stretching from before CA was born, is in good hands.

My bad for neglecting those who preceded Scott and Hugh. No disrespect intended.

Thanks, Mark, for reminding us all of the long line of TSCs.

shilala
05-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I think of all the stuff Fred had going on all the time and I have no idea how he pulled it off. He had awful good partners, but DAMN. He was a true master, and he is sorely missed. I'd just like to pick his brain for a day to find out how in the world he did it all.

longknocker
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks To All Those Who Donated & Those Who Are Purchasing!:tu I Love This Place & All Of You, My Brothers & Sisters!:D

hotreds
05-30-2012, 06:43 PM
ditto the above!

LockOut
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
got back to the computer 2...two minutes too late. drat!

Chainsaw13
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Well, there goes my cigar budget for a while. Couldnt think of a better cause. :tu

EricF
05-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks To All Those Who Donated & Those Who Are Purchasing!:tu I Love This Place & All Of You, My Brothers & Sisters!:D

What Greg said!!!! :tu :tu :tu

jledou
05-30-2012, 07:04 PM
A very big thank you to all!

massphatness
05-30-2012, 07:11 PM
:wo:usa:tu

Ogre
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
It was allot of fun again. But Damn, I got taken out on my bids!!!! Will have to try harder next time. Thanks everyone for doing a wonderful job.

Sailchaser
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Excellent Job on all involved !!

IBQTEE1
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Amen Brother!!!:usa

hammondc
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Good stuff.......

TJarv
05-30-2012, 08:17 PM
It was allot of fun again. But Damn, I got taken out on my bids!!!! Will have to try harder next time. Thanks everyone for doing a wonderful job.

Looking forward to that rum cake:D

CRIMPS
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you to everyone who put this on, to those who put up their booty for us minions to bid on, and to all the those that did some bidding!

Cheers!

SteelCityBoy
05-31-2012, 02:15 AM
That you Scott for all you do along with everyone else that makes this possible! :tu
So much hard work and effort goes into this and it's so nice to see the payoff in the end. It's a never ending responsability that I know takes a great deal of time and effort. I certainly appreciate all that you and those involved do to take care of our brothers and sisters wherever they may be!

kelmac07
05-31-2012, 04:56 AM
Just another reason why I love this place!! Huge kudos to Hugh and Scott for all they do. :tu :tu

Apoco
05-31-2012, 06:53 AM
Well - I think it is about time to start putting some special stuff away with a note that says "For Troop Support Auction #3" :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Conch Republican
05-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Well - I think it is about time to start putting some special stuff away with a note that says "For Troop Support Auction #3" :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

NICE! I was talking to a brother the other day - he didnt know about us, and is getting ready for his 5th deployment...Hopefully he will pop in and say hi, but I gotta say - I am involved with a bunch of charities, and I love the way we roll!!

:usa

shilala
06-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think we're ready for #3 yet. It'll probably kill Peter. ;)