PDA

View Full Version : Pandora vs. iHeartradio

shilala
05-12-2012, 12:33 PM
So, I've been using iheartradio on my iphone a ton lately. I listen to a bunch of sports talk stations out in the shop and in the car. (I plug my phone into my car radio and into my DeWalt jobsite radio.)
I also use it like Pandora, and here's the thing...

It's free.
You can build your own stations.
No commercials and zero talk on stations you build.
You can listen to all sorts of radio stations, including local ones.
It never times out and shuts off, nor does it nag you in any way.
The selection it plays on stations I build completely kicks Pandora's ass. It's very broad, but very much within what I want to hear.

I honestly like this way better than Sirius, Pandora, Slacker, or anything else I've ever tried. You guys should check it out if you haven't already. The price is right, that's for sure. :tu

Jbailey
05-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I'll check it out.

I've been a big fan of Lastfm for six years, can't stand Pandora.

shilala
05-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I haven't even played with all it's options yet and I already love it, Dave. :)

Jasonw560
05-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I honestly didn't know you could build your own stations with iheartradio. Might have to give it a whirl. I have Pandora right now.

Pseudosacred
05-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I've been using Pandora for a long ass time, it would be hard to get the hang of anything else. Plus I pay for Pandora Premium, so that makes it tons more user friendly

shilala
05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I've been using Pandora for a long ass time, it would be hard to get the hang of anything else. Plus I pay for Pandora Premium, so that makes it tons more user friendly
iHeart is super easy. I was very surprised. I didn't even have to make mixed station playlists and all that crap.
I thought about buying Pandora at a time just to get rid of the nags. When I found out it'd still shut off on it's own, I thought it was silly.
I'm truly shocked there's even a market for Pandora with iHeart out there.

The reason I ran into iHeart was because I had a 98thefan radio app for Cleveland on my phone and it kept timing out on me and shutting off. I had heard them talk about that app, but then I heard there was the full-scale iHeart app. I just got it so I could listen to that station without the time-outs. I really got lucky with all the bonus stuff!!!

CRIMPS
05-13-2012, 08:29 AM
I have used Pandora at work for the last three years at work. I think I will check out iHeartRadio, not that I have a problem with Pandora. Options are good. Thanks for the info

kelmac07
05-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Just downloaded it for my Iphone...very cool!! :tu :tu

never_enough
05-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I have both on my phone. Use each for different things. I will give the create your own station thing a try.

BlkDrew
05-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Pandora is sucking big time on the iPhone 4s right now, it has to be something with the 4g

Just got I heart radio, thanks for the input scott

Hooligan
05-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I like pandora as I have a jailbreak tweak to bypass the block to get unlimited skips. I listen to A LOT of drum and bass so I enjoy adding website stations such as jungletrain.net and bassdrive.com through Tunein radio.