PDA

View Full Version : bheartfelt beads AND humidifer

John Ellefsen
04-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Hi,

another newbie question for y'all.
I'm getting this Adorini 300ct humidor in a week or so. This one comes with a humidifier that is acryl polymer based and with adjustable ventilation openings. I'm also waiting for a shipment of heartfeltbeads tubes (65) and my question is:
If I use the tubes, is there any point in using the humidors original humidifer or should I just leave it out?

icehog3
04-24-2012, 12:51 AM
When I was using that size humidor, I left the original humidifier out, it serves no real purpose when you have the beads.

bobarian
04-24-2012, 12:52 AM
The beads work all by themselves, no need for any other humidifier.

trendo
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
In my experience, that other stuff does more harm than good. Just use the beads, you won't be sorry.

jjirons69
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
I find the 65% Heartfelts stick dead on 65 using my Western Caliper III hygrometer. Had I known this prior to purchasing the hygrometer, I could've saved $20. Those beads rock. Keep them half white, half opaque and let the good times roll.

John Ellefsen
04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks folks! I guess the answer is Heartfelts then :)

shopkins82
04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I had a similar idea, except using Boveda packets instead of beads. My idea was to use a traditional humidifier to add the bulk of the humidification and let the Boveda packets act as the regulation, adding or removing RH as needed. The risk is your Boveda (or beads) becoming saturated if your main humidification device is adding that much excessive RH. The only real advantage I could see would be needing fewer Boveda packs (or beads) for a given size humidor.