PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Tix, Woot!

AlohaStyle
04-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Wow, DirecTV is actually LOWERING prices for the Sunday Ticket this year, and by a lot! (that probably means they'll raise prices to $400 next year! LOL)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-19/directv-lowering-price-of-nfl-sunday-ticket-to-lure-users.html

DirecTV (DTV), trying to broaden its audience, is cutting the price of its Sunday football package by about 40 percent for existing customers and offering it free to new customers for a year.

The largest U.S. satellite-TV provider said today it is dropping the price for the NFL Sunday Ticket package, which gives users access to all regular season National Football League out-of-market broadcasts, to $199.95 from about $325. Customers that also want access to the games on mobile devices will pay $299.95.

smitty81
04-20-2012, 12:44 PM
still way to much.:2

I'd rather go to a sports bar and put some of that money towards a beer and wings then watch the game for free.

AlohaStyle
04-20-2012, 12:57 PM

I'd rather go to a sports bar and put some of that money towards a beer and wings then watch the game for free.

If you do that for 16 weeks, don't you think you can buy your own beer and wings, watch the game at home and save money? You need to take the gas money, time and convenience of staying at home into consideration as well. :2

smitty81
04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
If you do that for 16 weeks, don't you think you can buy your own beer and wings, watch the game at home and save money? You need to take the gas money, time and convenience of staying at home into consideration as well. :2

considering the bar is a half of a block from me.........no gas money but for you others maby some fuel is required. I doubt most of you would have to drive more than 5 miles to the nearest sports bar though.

As far as saving money by staying home..............you already paid the $200.00 for the football and then you have to add the wings and beer in there too. So your actually spending more by staying home.

smitty81
04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry Ryan, I didn't mean to be a buzz kill. If thats what you like, then more power to you. To each their own right?

AlohaStyle
04-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry Ryan, I didn't mean to be a buzz kill. If thats what you like, then more power to you. To each their own right?

Exactly, there is no right or wrong here, just preference. For me, there's no way it's cheaper to go to the bar. Been there, done that. No way I'm getting out of a bar with just a beer or two and wings watching football!?! LOL

When I lived in Hawaii, I was at the bar for the 7am games EVERY week. Sure as hell glad I can watch in the comforts of my own home now!!

smitty81
04-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Exactly, there is no right or wrong here, just preference. For me, there's no way it's cheaper to go to the bar. Been there, done that. No way I'm getting out of a bar with just a beer or two and wings watching football!?! LOL

When I lived in Hawaii, I was at the bar for the 7am games EVERY week. Sure as hell glad I can watch in the comforts of my own home now!!

Yea, if your there watching games all day then I could definitely see how your saving money by watching at home.

Starscream
04-20-2012, 03:58 PM

I'm with ya on this, Josh. Not to drag anyone down who's excited about the price drop, but football only lasts so long. You can get an entire MLB package (162 games a year for each team) for about $100.
Say what you want about baseball, but 10 times the coverage for half the price. NFL is a rip-off. I'm an NFL fan, but that's price gouging, even with the discount.

Poronico
04-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Sounds like football at Ryan's House this year...

Starscream
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Sounds like football at Ryan's House this year...

Now that would be a great way to justify the price!:)
Purchase, invite friends over, and if you can't afford it, treat it like pay-per-view. Charge admission at the door. That's how we used to work WWF pay-per-views back in high school. Each of us would take turns purchasing events, and the rest of us would throw in five dollars at the door.

Coach Deg
04-20-2012, 08:03 PM
I have baseball and football tickets. I really like the baseball ticket. Every year I think about canceling the football, but I like having it too.

Stephen
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Say what you want about baseball, but 10 times the coverage for half the price. NFL is a rip-off. I'm an NFL fan, but that's price gouging, even with the discount.
Yeah, no joke. Why buy one 16 oz. KC Strip when you can buy 10 packages of Bar-S hot dogs? ;):D

Starscream
04-21-2012, 05:15 PM
I knew I was gonna hear it from the baseball haters.:)