PDA

View Full Version : NYC Hotels

emopunker2004
04-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Hey guys. The wife an I are going back up to CT to visit/ my aunt and uncle for a week or so. We went to NYC for the day last time we were up. This time while on our trip we are tossing around the idea of maybe going back to NYC and staying a night. Being as I'm not familiar with NYC at all I'd prefer to stay in the Manhattan area. Anyone have input on some hotels at a "decent" price? I know Manhattan and cheap are oxymorons so I won't say cheap price. If someone stayed in a nicer hotel in Brooklyn I'd consider that as well. I'd prefer to say under $300. Any input from you guys would be appreciated.

BlkDrew
04-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Why not check out Hotwire.com for say the Marriott Marquise in time square? Try looking under different travel sites like Kayak.com or Expedia

Using Kayak I found 3-4 under 300 bones in Manhatten for this weekend

emopunker2004
04-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Oh I will. Just wanted some personal input too. What about the Condor in Brooklyn in the Williamsburg Neighborhood?

Steve
04-07-2012, 06:25 AM
I stayed here (http://www.nighthotelny.com/) a couple of years aga when I was in NYC for business. The hotel was....interesting.

It sucked that I worked most of the time I was up there, but I was able to meet up with a group of the NY BOTL while I was there :tu:tu

BlkDrew
04-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Oh I will. Just wanted some personal input too. What about the Condor in Brooklyn in the Williamsburg Neighborhood?

I stayed at the Marquise, and i think i walked by the place Steve suggested it was in a good neighborhood at least.

forgop
04-07-2012, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't use anything other than priceline using the name your own price. I've been using priceline ever since they came out and have had only 1 bad experience and probably 50 good. (The 1 was only because a hotel reported to be a much higher star rating than they deserved because a higher end name bought a lower end hotel and tried to throw on some poor quality upgrades into becoming a better quality hotel. Not priceline's fault.

But in the instance of using priceline for my 5 day trip to NY several years ago, I think I got the rooms in midtown Manhattan for ~ 40% of the rate I would have paid otherwise.

The Poet
04-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Pennsylvania Six Five Ohh Ohh Ohh.

Apexkingjusto
04-07-2012, 10:28 AM
W hotel union square has some rooms under 300 very nice fun place to stay

floydpink
04-08-2012, 06:21 PM
There is no better location than the Marriott Marquis in my opinion.

Times Square is litterally outside your door and every subway stops in Times Square.

The concierge team trip over themselves to help you.

Not cheap, but on a one night stay, go for it.

This was the view from my room

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/rastapete69/timessquare.jpg

RichieBklyn
04-08-2012, 08:15 PM
I live very close to Williamsburg, and the neighborhood is fine to stay in, but if I was coming to NY, I d rather stay in Manhattan. You can come check out Williamsburg for an afternoon. JMO... I would also check www.tripadvisor.com for very specific travelor reviews on the hotel...