PDA

View Full Version : North texas B&M

TJarv
03-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Where is a good B&M in the Frisco area?

I'm familiar with Up in smoke in the mall, but figured being in the mall would sky rocket prices.

The only other one I knew of was off of Preston Rd. by Kohls but they are no longer there.

So where do you guys buy from besides the online stores?

-Tony

Brutus2600
03-20-2012, 11:22 PM
If you're in that area, just south of you off the Dallas Tollway is a place called Elite Cigar Cafe. Good prices, attached bar/smoking lounge, nice porch, great food. Definitely check it out :) If I didn't live over an hour away I'd be there every day

Beagleone
03-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Elite is a good place. Up In Smoke prices aren't as expensive as you imagine. Get their FCC card and you get a discount on all of you purchases. I am a regular at their Irving location. There is also Cigar Warehouse on Dallas Parkway in Plano, Two Brothers Cigars in Plano, Stafford & Jones Cigars in Richardson, Addison Cigars, several more. If you want to drive a bit, I am usually at the Up in Smoke in north Irving or Town & Country cigars in Euless.

TJarv
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Beagleone who do you think has a bigger selection between up in smoke and elite?

-Tony

Beagleone
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Elite by far. I spoke to several reps and also to the owner at Elite. He has a very large humidor filled with a lot more than the usual suspects. For example, last November when Brutus and I walked in to the shop, he had Tatuage Tattoo unbanded and the TAA Exclusive still in stock, where as both sticks (Tattoo banded though) were long gone from any other shops. The owner doesn't sell online, nor does he want to. He just happens to have access to a lot of brands (regular and boutique) and is willing to try almost any new stick that comes to the market. He also is probably one of the few stores that had the Fuente Opus X Lost Cities.

BTW, if you go there, get the hand cut kettle chips topped with Bleu cheese.

Brooks W
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
He still has Tattoos, but is sadly out of the TAA...

Everything above is correct. Kent has quite a few contacts in the industry, and knows how to use them to get cigars...Great selection...

On top of that, the food that is served by his kitchen is easily the best I have ever eaten at a cigar store, and the prices can't be beat.

Awesome place :)

~brooks

Elite by far. I spoke to several reps and also to the owner at Elite. He has a very large humidor filled with a lot more than the usual suspects. For example, last November when Brutus and I walked in to the shop, he had Tatuage Tattoo unbanded and the TAA Exclusive still in stock, where as both sticks (Tattoo banded though) were long gone from any other shops. The owner doesn't sell online, nor does he want to. He just happens to have access to a lot of brands (regular and boutique) and is willing to try almost any new stick that comes to the market. He also is probably one of the few stores that had the Fuente Opus X Lost Cities.

BTW, if you go there, get the hand cut kettle chips topped with Bleu cheese.