PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody translate this into English for me?

ysr_racer
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I got this at work today:

The thought i had as we open our followups on it gives on info needed for us to do on customers accts such as calling them if and when needed though when we mention a time of either the time of day their time or in the time or noon time but all the different time periods hoping ot add at least their state on the followup screen when you open the request so we know what time they are in before having to open the acct too many times.

oooo35980
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Someone wants customers local time displayed on something is all I can get out of it.

emopunker2004
03-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Somebody should take their ass back to school is what I got out of it.

awsmith4
03-13-2012, 09:35 PM

The thought i had as we open our followups on it gives on info needed for us to do on customers accts such as calling them if and when needed though when we mention a time of either the time of day their time or in the time or noon time but all the different time periods hoping ot add at least their state on the followup screen when you open the request so we know what time they are in before having to open the acct too many times.

They would like some sort of indication of time zone or time of day that would be appropriate to follow up with the customer. Even just the name of the state listed on the follow up request would be helpful....however if this person worked for me I would not allow them to talk to customers

mkarnold1
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Is English still a required course in high school? I would reply to that person that this needs to be re-worded into a format that is, at the very least, a cohesive thought. This is all over the place and words don't even fit together in patterns that are recognizable. Absolutely ridiculous.

oooo35980
03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Did that come in an anonomous suggestion box or do you actually know that person?

ApexAZ
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
This person have a learning disability? Or dislexia?

MrClean
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I would try Brad, but I'm not fluent in gibberish.

ysr_racer
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
I would try Brad, but I'm not fluent in gibberish.

Yep, that's the winner !!! :noon

Jasonw560
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I would say fix it and send it back, but it's too far gone.

This is just sad. As a former English major, I weep.

T.G
03-13-2012, 10:47 PM

I didn't know you worked with CoreyD.

PCR
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Is it from the English department?

Neuromancer
03-13-2012, 11:00 PM

:r:r:r

PS - That was translated from Chinese or Japanese or something...looks like they wrote what they wanted to and then cut and pasted it into some kind of babelfish and got that translation...

ysr_racer
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi Marc, I wish that were true, but no it's just an email I got.

I'll be back in FL in Oct, and you know where I'll be going to first.

Hem
03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
And just when you thought you had a bit of hope for humanity...

cobra03
03-14-2012, 12:34 AM
My head hurts from trying to read that

kaisersozei
03-14-2012, 04:37 AM

:lr

Eleven
03-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Holy Engrish RunOnSentence Batman!

cjhalbrooks
03-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Marc, I wish that were true, but no it's just an email I got.

1st- I hope that you were the only one that was sent this email.
2nd- Maybe this should be used on a billboard to show America that before our kids are force to learn another language maybe our kids should know English.

BC-Axeman
03-14-2012, 06:55 AM
I, too, looked at it and tried to rearrange it into a cohesive thought using the words and phrases presented. Albert seems to have captured it but it made my head spin too much.
But thanks for the laugh.

shilala
03-14-2012, 07:09 AM
The sad thing is that someone is paying this unit.
My guess is that he/she slammed the email together, never bothered to read what he wrote, and hit send.
I'd absolutely reply all and ask for it to be translated. That way everyone who received this retardation will get some nuts and respond in kind. It might help the sender to hone his/her skillz.

Silound
03-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Hummm, I can pretty much decipher what is being asked for, but then I'm a software engineer, so I see this every day :)

I would be far more interested in knowing the applied situation of this request, because it makes a reference to opening accounts (accessing the account information on the back end) but not wanting to do so at inconvenient times, presumably to reduce the amount of wasted time or irritation to the account holder.

You should reply back to the original sender asking for at least some improperly placed/used punctuation, as this is clearly not obfuscated enough.

dyieldin
03-14-2012, 07:13 AM
For me it says get the hell out of there and find another place to work. Does this person also talk like that?

hotreds
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D2ysB1mZFCE/Tfuz0qAxeDI/AAAAAAAADfQ/ZnhkQCYUafI/s1600/Napte_3.JPG

poker
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Loos like some of the posts we have had at the Asylum :D

MajorCaptSilly
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
"All your base are belong to us"

MCS

Stephen
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Excellent.:tu
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to T.G again.

Jasonw560
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D2ysB1mZFCE/Tfuz0qAxeDI/AAAAAAAADfQ/ZnhkQCYUafI/s1600/Napte_3.JPG

Anyone else notice the 3rd hand coming out of this guy's chest?

Mutagenic therapy instead of steroids. I bet he's from around Chernobyl.

shark
03-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Hummm, I can pretty much decipher what is being asked for, but then I'm a software engineer, so I see this every day :)

I would be far more interested in knowing the applied situation of this request, because it makes a reference to opening accounts (accessing the account information on the back end) but not wanting to do so at inconvenient times, presumably to reduce the amount of wasted time or irritation to the account holder.

You should reply back to the original sender asking for at least some improperly placed/used punctuation, as this is clearly not obfuscated enough.

Yeahhhh, so do you have those TPS reports for today's meeting? We're having a meeting today at 8:00 so if you could go ahead and get those ready for me by then, that would be greaaaat! Thanks!

http://perezsolomon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lumberg.jpg

TJtorpedo
03-16-2012, 07:12 PM
I get these emails all the time at work as well. My nickname for it is "caveman".

jluck
03-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Loos like some of the posts we have had at the Asylum :D

This made me chuckle. itz du truf man.:D

MarkinAZ
03-16-2012, 10:24 PM

...brevity's the key here:D

Malazan
03-18-2012, 12:23 AM
The English language is not strong in that one:gary