PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do this... make me feel better.

cjhalbrooks
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
So i just got out of a 2 week training exercise, i got home around 0001 sunday morning. I was kind of bored after my shower and since my wife wasnt home i had to find somthing esle to keep me ocupied. Well i started checking out cigars on Thompson Cigars. I found some good deals. By the way i had been drinking.... I saw a specail on some gurkha Spc Ops. I have never tried theses before i so wanted to see how much they would cost and so on. Jump to today around 3 pm. I get a call from our staff duty (kind of like a front desk), they said i had some mail. well need less to say i bought $186 worth of these cigars, a coin, knife and got a humidor. Well Sh8 i dont remember hitting order. Well i have to figure out how i am going to explain this to my wife.

Boz
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Oops :r I have made some intoxicated purchases but none that I dont remember.

MrClean
03-07-2012, 02:17 PM
:r...........the classic drunk shopping. I purposely stay off all cigar related sites, even this one if I'm knocking back a few. Oh, and good luck 'splaning that Lucy.

Islayphile
03-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I've never been drunk enough to order Gurkha's

;)

Seriously though, I've made a few devil site purchases after one or three too many drams.

It happens

ninjavanish
03-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know what you do with your man-card once it's had all four corners cut off of it?

Islayphile
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know what you do with your man-card once it's had all four corners cut off of it?

You use it to light a cigar to try to redeem yourself

just like a toten chip card in BSA

cjhalbrooks
03-07-2012, 02:25 PM

I dont know about you but i think i will have to use it as a blanket.

irratebass
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Good luck with that Cory, I know better than to shop drunk lol

sevans105
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Lol....feel your pain brother. When I started on these new meds, I had to have Dani change my password on Cbid and ebay. On a positive note, I was able to send a few hundred cigars off to the troops. :)

icehog3
03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Clicking the "submit order" button is always a lot easier for me after a few fingers of tequila. I should set up my computer so I can't get on vendor sites after 10PM. :r

Volusianator
03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Clicking the "submit order" button is always a lot easier for me after a few fingers of tequila. I should set up my computer so I can't get on vendor sites after 10PM. :r

Install a breathalizer!

qsalinas
03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I've never made drunken cigar buys but I have hit the confirm button on the late night nudie channel a few times in my life :r

REV
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
ive never been drunk enough to order from thompson or get gurkhas on purpose. hell, half the time that i order packs i stay away from ones with gurkas in em.

i did however at one point want the humi & knife that comes in that bundle, but the interests stop there. i think that there should be a breathalizer on credit cards

icehog3
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Install a breathalizer!

Nah, the one I have to use to start my car is enough, Wade! :D

Subvet642
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I've never made drunken cigar buys but I have hit the confirm button on the late night nudie channel a few times in my life :r

Been there, done that, sadly it's all on VHS.

Cory...don't explain them...hide them!

forgop
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Nope, never been that drunk to buy from Thompson. You'll be a member of their fan club for life now. :D

Sonic04GT
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM
So i just got out of a 2 week training exercise, i got home around 0001 sunday morning. I was kind of bored after my shower and since my wife wasnt home i had to find somthing esle to keep me ocupied. Well i started checking out cigars on Thompson Cigars. I found some good deals. By the way i had been drinking.... I saw a specail on some gurkha Spc Ops. I have never tried theses before i so wanted to see how much they would cost and so on. Jump to today around 3 pm. I get a call from our staff duty (kind of like a front desk), they said i had some mail. well need less to say i bought $186 worth of these cigars, a coin, knife and got a humidor. Well Sh8 i dont remember hitting order. Well i have to figure out how i am going to explain this to my wife.

You mean midnight? ;) :tu

I hope you at least got some decent stuff for that price haha

TJtorpedo
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Nope, never been that drunk to buy from Thompson. You'll be a member of their fan club for life now. :D

You ain't kidding! When I first started smoking cigars, my wife bought me my first humidor and some crappy Thompson Iguanas (it was the thought that counted).

Anyway, I've moved four times over three states in the last five years, and I STILL get the Thompson catalog like clockwork.

Malazan
03-07-2012, 07:41 PM
:r

I buy stuff when we fight, then she's real pissed when it shows up. I'm also guilty of drunk buying on occasion:al

Jefft72
03-07-2012, 08:40 PM
LOL, toten chip card.....that brings back some memories. I am not sure if we ever had any corners actually taken off, but I know there were many occasions that they should have. I still have scars from my whittling ventures.

You use it to light a cigar to try to redeem yourself

just like a toten chip card in BSA

BHalbrooks
03-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Cory. What the ****. This is what you meant with that text. I was so confused on what I wasn't supposed to tell Sandra. You give me sooooo much leverage. :r
Didn't it ask you to confirm the order? I feel bad for you, especially all those ****in Ghurkas you gotta choke down...
Been there, done that, sadly it's all on VHS.

Cory...don't explain them...hide them!
Just saying, my Sister in Law is a lot faster than my brother is. hahaha

LigaPrivadaT84
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
:r:r:r
This is how all my big cigar purchases are made.

CigarNut
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Don't recall purchasing cigars will drunk, but there have been many other things... :)

icehog3
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Don't recall purchasing cigars will drunk, but there have been many other things... :)

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/blowup.jpg

Reaver2145
03-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Give her one and see if she likes it

Otherwise

Enjoy having your nuts abused in a most un-kinky way so do yourself a favour and hide all of her stiletto shoes before you try and explain yourself....TRUST ME.

biggbob
03-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I pray that Thompson doesn't have your phone number. The calls will come in waves.

shopkins82
03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Along a similar line, I'm sure plenty of us here have had bad Thursdays once they realized how much they bought on Cigarbid when they were "bidding low, not expecting to win anything". I had a $40 order today when I thought I'd spent $15...