PDA

View Full Version : What cigar/s do you always keep a box of to share with others?

never_enough
03-06-2012, 05:39 AM
What cigar do you guys keep on hand to pass out to others that doesn't break the bank? I'm a nice guy and don't have a problem letting people smoke my good sticks out of the humi, but sometimes I really would prefer to just give them something that isn't more on the high end.

I'm not talking something that is 1$ a stick, but nothing that is 8+ either.

Adriftpanda
03-06-2012, 05:46 AM
I have close to 9 boxes of Super Partagas. I share those with my friends don't really smoke but from time to time want a cigar.

Mattso3000
03-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Depends on the situation but I tend to go with stuff I like in the mid range like a 601 blue or DPG JJ Maddy etc...

kelmac07
03-06-2012, 05:51 AM
I only buy what I like to smoke and don't "keep" anything onhand for those "occasional smokers". If they are friends of mine...the vinos are fair game (except for a few drawers :r :r).

irratebass
03-06-2012, 06:58 AM
I have a lot of single and stuff I haven't tried yet, but I have been known to trade or bomb or give some of the ones I haven't smoked yet away, but I try to follow the rules and give out stuff that only I have purchased.....I don't have a said stash that I give away, I am more like Mac in this aspect.

dave
03-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Used to play Altadis Roulette at every opportunity and kept the NC RyJ's, Montes, etc. on hand for just such occassions.

Come to think of it, I haven't come across an offer lately. Down to my last couple of Monte Whites and Platinums. Need to go looking.....

Malazan
03-06-2012, 07:07 AM
My friends can smoke whatever I have in the humidor

Blak Smyth
03-06-2012, 07:08 AM
I find that most non-smokers seem to prefer infused sticks. I do not keep any infused sticks around but if I know some people are gonna be looking for some I will pick them up or trade for some. I think Mac nailed it otherwise.

rebelknight
03-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Anything i have a box of i will share and a lot of the singles ive accumulated that im just not a fan of. If i only have 1 or 2 of something im probably keeping it for myself unless i am positive i can get my hands on some more

kickerb
03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
AF 858, I always keep those around for friends. But if they are my close cigar friends, they can smoke most anything in my Vino.

never_enough
03-06-2012, 07:39 AM
I guess I should clarify. My good friends can smoke w/e they want. Hell I gave away my two most expensive cigars that I may never have a chance to try.

But there are some that really don't smoke and could care less what I give them. Was just trying to figure out something good and reasonable that appeal to a wide audience.

Don't want people to think I'm being mean here :r

Blak Smyth
03-06-2012, 07:44 AM
I guess I should clarify. My good friends can smoke w/e they want. Hell I gave away my two most expensive cigars that I may never have a chance to try.

But there are some that really don't smoke and could care less what I give them. Was just trying to figure out something good and reasonable that appeal to a wide audience.

Don't want people to think I'm being mean here :r

I understand what your getting at. You feel your non-smoker friends wouldn't be able to appreciate a $20 cigar anymore than a $5 one so you might as well give them a $5 one?

I would recommend the Diesel UHC, you can get a box of 30 for relatively cheap and they are delicious.
I already tore through a box since November.

Remo
03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
My humi and coolidor are open, not many smoking friends so no biggie here :tu

schollianmj
03-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I have one smoking friend that comes over with any regularity but he is single and has nothing better to do with his money (no bills, parents left him their house when they passed) so his travel humi is generally better stocked than my home humi is. he tends to give me sticks when he comes over.

shilala
03-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I keep a ton of DPG JJ maduros and Camacho Triple maduros and the list goes on. I also keep a couple boxes of cc tubos for the same purpose. That way they last a bit when they don't smoke them right away.
I should probably add that I always have tons of smokes that I've grown out of, so I take them along to campfires and deck parties and things like that. I don't really worry about the cost, I just like to see them smoked and enjoyed. I'm terrible at remembering what cigars cost, I think everything is either five bucks, ten bucks or 20 bucks. :)

Islayphile
03-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Punishers

:ss

Reaver2145
03-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I find most of the 601 line to be good for this i would do it a lot more if i didnt have access to RASCC/bolivar petite coronas.

They normally stop asking for more after those but a few are just gluttons for punishment.

Ogre
03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
I agree with Mac. I buy what I like and depending on the guest I will open the humidor for their choice.

never_enough
03-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Punishers

I would like them to stay my friend:r

never_enough
03-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Sounds like my problem is I just flat out don't have enough cigars!!

Islayphile
03-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Punishers

I would like them to stay my friend:r

0% mortality rate thus far

:D

ArgusP2
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
My humidor is pretty much open to friends. My only "off limits" cigars are the ones gifted to me. I am still new to this that when someone tells me "you might like this" or "let me know what you think of this", I will smoke it and let them know.
Everyone, I've met (on and off line) have been extremely generous, how can I not follow that example?