PDA

View Full Version : ACID Nasty

oooo35980
02-29-2012, 10:04 PM
So I was sitting, smoking an Ashton VSG, when the wife lights up a Nasty. She gets maybe 1/4" in, turns to me and delivers probably the most succinct review of a cigar I've ever heard.

Wife: "This cigar isn't very good, it kinda tastes like spicy dirt. Do you think it would be okay if I just threw it away?"
Me: "Please..."

:r:r

Made me laugh anyways.

MrClean
02-29-2012, 10:09 PM
I started my cigar smoking with the Acid brands and at the time I really liked them. But when I smoked a Nasty.......I thought to myself 'This is properly named' :r
Now that I've had many traditional smokes, I can't stomach the overly infused ones.

Gargoyle
03-01-2012, 05:43 AM
I started off with a lot of the DE Acid line as well and will still have one occasionally... but Nasty was just that, right from the start. Love the "spicy dirt" review!

Taki
03-01-2012, 05:44 AM
:lr at least she gave it a try :tu

DaBear
03-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Shes braver than most of us here just for lighting that thing up :r

irratebass
03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
I've had a few Acid's that I liked "One", "Five" & "Kuba Kuba" but after the initial infused temptation I gave all mine to the troops, they will appreciate them more, haven't heard nor do I want to try a "Nasty"

austin3trio
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
I do like the Kuba Kuba and Acid One. But that was worst than the Dynasty one...almost.

Reaver2145
03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Ive tried the nasty once ended up giving it to my friend who was baked out of her skull needless to say she enjoyed it.

oooo35980
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought the name was a joke or something, but given the things flavor I wonder if they made it awful and named it nasty on purpose. Jokes on you if you buy it sort of thing.

BHalbrooks
03-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm never going to smoke an Acid... I have literally no desire. I've been trying to find more and more DE, and everyone on here has said that the Java Mint was really great... I've been thinking about trying it, but I'm nervous lol.

oooo35980
03-01-2012, 03:37 PM
They are perfumed, heavily, and leave a sickeningly cloying taste on your lips when you smoke them. They are responsible for bringing alot of people into the hobby though, which IMHO is all they are good for.

Pseudosacred
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I get stomach aches thinking about how the Kuba Kuba smells...I couldn't even imagine smoking one...

maninblack
03-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Mmmmmm Acids!! Almost as good as a Gurkha!

TJtorpedo
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Like a bunch of others, I got my start smoking Acids. I always prefered the Blondie.

On a whim, I recently got a couple of Acid Opulence 3 from cbid. They were actually pretty decent, and call me crazy, but I swore I could taste hints of Liga#9 in there. Or maybe I was just wishing it did....

Sonic04GT
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Haha good to know I should stay away. I've been wanting to try a majority of the Acid line. I've had the Kuba and Cold Infusion Tea. Kuba was good, and the CIT smelled too much like potpourie. The Java/Natural lines are pretty good, especially the Java.

Thanks for the review! lol

Sonic04GT
03-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Like a bunch of others, I got my start smoking Acids. I always prefered the Blondie.

On a whim, I recently got a couple of Acid Opulence 3 from cbid. They were actually pretty decent, and call me crazy, but I swore I could taste hints of Liga#9 in there. Or maybe I was just wishing it did....

FINALLY tried an Undercrown, and now I need to find an O3 as I've heard nothing but good things about those. I don't buy enough for CBid to really be that beneficial. The humi is packed also haha

Enphrared
03-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Had a few blondies in my cigar smoking infancy which turned to Java's then got turned onto the Oliva G series and never really turned back to flavor/infused smokes.

Dunkel
03-03-2012, 05:08 AM
The entire Acid line should be renamed Nasty. Truth in advertising! LOL

kelmac07
03-03-2012, 05:19 AM
The entire Acid line should be renamed Nasty. Truth in advertising! LOL

:r :r

Reaver2145
03-03-2012, 06:16 AM
I just remembered the song i think about when someone mentions acid.

CLICK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzsmIvG3KaA)

andromalius
03-03-2012, 09:29 AM
So I was sitting, smoking an Ashton VSG, when the wife lights up a Nasty. She gets maybe 1/4" in, turns to me and delivers probably the most succinct review of a cigar I've ever heard.

Wife: "This cigar isn't very good, it kinda tastes like spicy dirt. Do you think it would be okay if I just threw it away?"
Me: "Please..."

:r:r

Made me laugh anyways.

I've never had a Nasty, but I actually like Drew Estate, and I'd try one if I had one. My favorite DE is the Earthiness, which actually does taste like "spicy dirt". It sounds unappealing (dirt? really? is what I usually get asked), but I find it to be an enjoyable smoke.

And for all you haters out there, if you ever get an unwanted DE cigar and want to get rid of it, PM me and I'll help you dispose of it.

:r

Sonic04GT
03-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I've never had a Nasty, but I actually like Drew Estate, and I'd try one if I had one. My favorite DE is the Earthiness, which actually does taste like "spicy dirt". It sounds unappealing (dirt? really? is what I usually get asked), but I find it to be an enjoyable smoke.

And for all you haters out there, if you ever get an unwanted DE cigar and want to get rid of it, PM me and I'll help you dispose of it.

:r

:tu

the jiggler
03-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Acids brought me in to the fold. T52s keep me here. I still enjoy a Kuba Kuba Maduro regularly. The Dirt Torpedo is fantastic smoke and a killer social lubricant. JD is a riot in person. What's not to be thankful for with Drew Estates?

The nasty. The nasty is nasty. With it's name and shape, I really, really wanted it to be good. It actually led to the formation of the cigar law of inverse proportions which explicitly states that name and shape esteem increase indirectly proportional to the odds of the cigar tasting like a slim jim wrapped in toilet paper.

Theo Cincy
03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I agree awful taste.

BlindedByScience
03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
A very good friend of mine runs a very busy B&M on the east coast. On my last visit, I was ribbing him about his extensive Acid selection. He told me "....you wouldn't believe how many we sell...". I look at it this way - if Acid's get folks interested in the world of premium hand made cigars, so much the better. Hey, like what you smoke, smoke what you like....right? There's no question that the nice folks at Drew Estates know very well how to make a wonderful cigar. My cabinet has Pigs, Rats, Liga #9's, and Undercrown's in it...'nuff said.

No, Acid's aren't my thing either. If you don't like them, don't smoke them. But, let's not alienate the folks that do....just show them the better path...:2

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.