PDA

View Full Version : Going away...What do I do with my cigars?

RobR1205
02-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Hey all, so I found out that I will be doing a six week cruise along the Atlantic Coast this summer (quite exciting!). Unfortunately, I can only take what can fit in my seabag, and unfortunately, a 150 count humidor probably isn't one of those things... Anyways, I'm going to have to leave my humidor on base where the temp can fluctuate between 60 and 75 degrees indoors. Any suggestions of what to do to keep my stash safe for six weeks???:sh

sevans105
02-29-2012, 08:55 AM
If it was me, I'd unload all my sticks into ziploc bags...5 fingers if you can get them and pack them in the sea bag. Leave the bulky box and smoke the sticks!

Alternately, you can see if a local b & m rents locker space. Worth looking in to.

Subvet642
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
What about taking the sticks in 5 finger bags and using an ammo can as a humidor at sea? It won't require seasoning and you can use Boveda packets for humidification.

Subvet642
02-29-2012, 08:59 AM
If it was me, I'd unload all my sticks into ziploc bags...5 fingers if you can get them and pack them in the sea bag. Leave the bulky box and smoke the sticks!

Alternately, you can see if a local b & m rents locker space. Worth looking in to.

You beat me to the other idea but a B&M locker, that's a great idea!

smitty81
02-29-2012, 09:04 AM
send them to me, I'll watch them............:D

CigarNut
02-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey all, so I found out that I will be doing a six week cruise along the Atlantic Coast this summer (quite exciting!). Unfortunately, I can only take what can fit in my seabag, and unfortunately, a 150 count humidor probably isn't one of those things... Anyways, I'm going to have to leave my humidor on base where the temp can fluctuate between 60 and 75 degrees indoors. Any suggestions of what to do to keep my stash safe for six weeks???:shTemps between 60-75 degress will not harm your cigars. So as long as theft is not an issue for you, your cigars should be fine.

You can also pack your cigars in Ziploc bags (no need for any humidification) and take them with you on your cruise. Pack them in your carry-on in such a way that they won't be crushed and enjoy! if you cannot pack them without crushing them then place the Ziploc bags inside a larger bag and carry that bag on buy itself and just hold it instead of putting it in the overhead storage bin.

Just my :2

chippewastud79
02-29-2012, 09:22 AM
send them to me, I'll watch them............:D

:rolleyes:

chippewastud79
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Temps between 60-75 degress will not harm your cigars. So as long as theft is not an issue for you, your cigars should be fine.

You can also pack your cigars in Ziploc bags (no need for any humidification) and take them with you on your cruise. Pack them in your carry-on in such a way that they won't be crushed and enjoy! if you cannot pack them without crushing them then place the Ziploc bags inside a larger bag and carry that bag on buy itself and just hold it instead of putting it in the overhead storage bin.

Just my :2

:tpd: If the cigars are in a humidor that seals well, they should be fine for 6 weeks if unopened. If you are using beads, you might even consider putting the entire humidor into a well sealing cooler to prevent additional humidity loss. :2

E.J.
02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
:tpd: If the cigars are in a humidor that seals well, they should be fine for 6 weeks if unopened. If you are using beads, you might even consider putting the entire humidor into a well sealing cooler to prevent additional humidity loss. :2

Yep.......

RobR1205
02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks all! looks like im going to compromise... Keep some here and seal them well...and bring the rest with proper humidification! I'll probably make friends with the crew really quick...