PDA

View Full Version : Smoke eater candle

smitty81
02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Hay anyone ever used these candles?

Are they just a regular scented candle or do they actually work?

http://www.southlandtrade.com/mm5/graphics/products/ver2/73436601513.jpg

14holestogie
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
My guess is that getting rid of smoke by burning something else is probably not going to work. :2

irratebass
02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I have heard these work great, I have no experience with them though.

smitty81
02-28-2012, 12:09 PM
I bought the pancake one. I will review it sometime to let you know if they actually work.

smitty81
02-28-2012, 12:10 PM
My guess is that getting rid of smoke by burning something else is probably not going to work. :2

I dunno, I heard that cigar smoke will cover up other kinds of smoke...........-(P

Ogre
02-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I use them. Between the exhaust fan in the window and the Ionic Pro. the candle does help. All I can suggest is to look online. They are also sold as pet candles or ionic candles.

Zeuceone
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I use the spray which works but not the candles. Im sure they give the same results.

ktblunden
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I've used the ones CI carries and haven't noticed much difference in the garage. My wife's Scentsy stuff works better.

smitty81
02-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I've used the ones CI carries and haven't noticed much difference in the garage. My wife's Scentsy stuff works better.

My wifes sells scentsy too.............

CigarNut
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Not sure what your definition of "Actually Works" is. Most scented things (candles, Scentsy, sprays) will not remove smoke from the air. These kinds of things will mask the smoke; some more effectively than others. This may be OK for you, as I said I don't know what "Actually Works" means to you.

If you want to remove the smoke the best thing is some sort of exhaust fan.

Chingas
02-28-2012, 04:54 PM
I've used the candles without luck for smell.

Smoke you really need a fan of sorts.

For smell, I use a Lamp Berger. That's works really well.

Crownedone
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
What?....what?.....what?...I dont understand, what do you need a candle for? My wife and I both love the smell of a sweet maduro as it roles through the house. Since I started smoking in the house, the wife has slowed way down on the purchases of flower scented candles.

pnoon
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Wanna not smell smoke????

:pn :pn :pn

Q.E.D.

OldDirty
02-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Best I've used yet is a lampe berger with neutral odor.

Malazan
02-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't know if they really remove the smoke smell, but my Cinnamon Apple one sure smells nice

smitty81
03-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Just to update this thread, these candles work well.

Malazan
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I love the Orange Cream one

cjhalbrooks
03-10-2012, 06:06 PM
i have used these and i think they work really well. I had a window open but the air was blowing in. I had two candles going

ApexAZ
03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I just go outside.

smitty81
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I just go outside.

Ok, fine if your in AZ but when its -10 here and blowing snow, I bet you won't stay out for more than 5 minutes.

Molly_Dog
11-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi all! Man!! I feel like I have embarked on a quest to find the meaning of life. All I want to do is find a reasonably inexpensive and simple way to minimize the odor from having an occasional cigar inside the backroom/patio of our Cape Cod-style home in which I live with my wife (a life-long non-smoker) and my mother-in-law (ditto with asthma on top).

I've done pretty well sticking to my guns of only smoking outside but we live in Buffalo, NY, (technically, Sloan) where the winters are pretty brutal. Supposed to be in the 20s tonight, I hear & I ain't getting any younger, as they say. My mother-in-law has said to me many times, "Just go ahead and smoke inside. It's not going to hurt anything." But I can't just do that with a clear conscience. I was a rabidly neat cigarette smoker for ~30 years. Quit a 3-3.5 pack-a-day habit cold turkey 4 years ago. Picked up cigars 2 years ago. I love'em but it's nice to not get the shakes every 10 minutes I can't have one, y'know?

Anyway. Our room in question is off the main house. It's roughly 15x15 with 6' windows on two sides. It has a roughly 10' dropped ceiling--roughly 2200 cubic feet. My proposal is this:

When I want to actually enjoy a cigar, close the only door that leads into the kitchen; open one of the windows; turn a 4' tall pedestal fan on its lowest speed blowing out the window (enough to coerce the smoke outside without trying to warm all outdoors); roll my desk chair over by said window; light up and actually savor a Graycliff or a Gurkha or an Arganese or a bonafide dog turd, if I so choose, rather than shivering, shaking and huffing down as quickly as possible what was described as a "Medium-bodied" stick that is, in actuality, a far, far beyond full-bodied monster that has my head simultaneously roaring, spasming, seeing green in my peripheral vision and wishing I'd eaten a LOT more for dinner. (True story that happened not once, not twice, but THREE times!! :sad

From what I've read, here and on other forums/boards, all has confirmed what my guy at cigar.com told me, "The day after is the worst." What I haven't found is details as to what does, or even doesn't, work. I saw a response to the effect of, "I've found the spray works better than candles." Which spray? No mention made above or below. I'm not guessing Febreeze. I've seen ads for dozens of sprays but again no specifics which makes the ads worse than useless.

I've read enough "studies" to draw the conclusion that burning one thing to cover up the smell of burning something else is pretty much a fool's errand. As I mentioned, I simply want a simple, reasonably cheap way to not freeze parts of me which I soon will greatly miss while enjoying what has become the favorite part of my day. Please help me accomplish this little goal of mine.

Thank you all infinitely!! :salute: Nice community you got here!
M_D

pnoon
11-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi all! Man!! I feel like I have embarked on a quest to find the meaning of life. All I want to do is find a reasonably inexpensive and simple way to minimize the odor from having an occasional cigar inside the backroom/patio of our Cape Cod-style home in which I live with my wife (a life-long non-smoker) and my mother-in-law (ditto with asthma on top).

I've done pretty well sticking to my guns of only smoking outside but we live in Buffalo, NY, (technically, Sloan) where the winters are pretty brutal. Supposed to be in the 20s tonight, I hear & I ain't getting any younger, as they say. My mother-in-law has said to me many times, "Just go ahead and smoke inside. It's not going to hurt anything." But I can't just do that with a clear conscience. I was a rabidly neat cigarette smoker for ~30 years. Quit a 3-3.5 pack-a-day habit cold turkey 4 years ago. Picked up cigars 2 years ago. I love'em but it's nice to not get the shakes every 10 minutes I can't have one, y'know?

Anyway. Our room in question is off the main house. It's roughly 15x15 with 6' windows on two sides. It has a roughly 10' dropped ceiling--roughly 2200 cubic feet. My proposal is this:

When I want to actually enjoy a cigar, close the only door that leads into the kitchen; open one of the windows; turn a 4' tall pedestal fan on its lowest speed blowing out the window (enough to coerce the smoke outside without trying to warm all outdoors); roll my desk chair over by said window; light up and actually savor a Graycliff or a Gurkha or an Arganese or a bonafide dog turd, if I so choose, rather than shivering, shaking and huffing down as quickly as possible what was described as a "Medium-bodied" stick that is, in actuality, a far, far beyond full-bodied monster that has my head simultaneously roaring, spasming, seeing green in my peripheral vision and wishing I'd eaten a LOT more for dinner. (True story that happened not once, not twice, but THREE times!! :sad

From what I've read, here and on other forums/boards, all has confirmed what my guy at cigar.com told me, "The day after is the worst." What I haven't found is details as to what does, or even doesn't, work. I saw a response to the effect of, "I've found the spray works better than candles." Which spray? No mention made above or below. I'm not guessing Febreeze. I've seen ads for dozens of sprays but again no specifics which makes the ads worse than useless.

I've read enough "studies" to draw the conclusion that burning one thing to cover up the smell of burning something else is pretty much a fool's errand. As I mentioned, I simply want a simple, reasonably cheap way to not freeze parts of me which I soon will greatly miss while enjoying what has become the favorite part of my day. Please help me accomplish this little goal of mine.

Thank you all infinitely!! :salute: Nice community you got here!
M_D

Nice community?
How much have you explored?

Spam much?

T.G
11-03-2012, 07:35 PM
What I haven't found is details as to what does, or even doesn't, work. I saw a response to the effect of, "I've found the spray works better than candles." Which spray? No mention made above or below. I'm not guessing Febreeze. I've seen ads for dozens of sprays but again no specifics which makes the ads worse than useless.

I've had good results with Ozium spray.

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/185034/4db78ba16f3a2_185034n.jpg

pnoon
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
No patience for BS tonight.
My money is on spam.
:2

Zane
11-03-2012, 07:45 PM
No patience for BS tonight.
My money is on spam.
:2

http://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/spam1.jpg

Eeewwww

JohnRogers
11-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Really? I thought a well reasoned question by a first time poster. I think my issue is more an exhaust fan garage thing. I'm not trying to cover up smoke but remove it from the garage.

dwoodward
11-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I've done pretty well sticking to my guns of only smoking outside but we live in Buffalo, NY, (technically, Sloan) where the winters are pretty brutal. Supposed to be in the 20s tonight, I hear & I ain't getting any younger, as they say.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/buffalo-ny/14202/weather-forecast/349726

Wind Chill of 24 there tonight... seems legit to me?

I guess I just don't really see any problem with a first time poster that isn't trying to sell anything??? :confused:

pnoon
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
:bh

Conch Republican
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Lock it up Peter - this one's done :tu

OLS
11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I could not detect the SPAM anywhere. I COULD detect a lot of WTF though.
Cape Cod house PLUS dimensions?? Maybe that makes a difference on how much
candle you need.

Just don't ban him, I see a real protege' for myself when I can no longer type out
4 paragraphs of BS in a sitting.