PDA

View Full Version : Arturo Fuente Anejo #77

Bubba - NJ
12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Rich dark and oily with a satin like sheen to it , beautiful . Pre-light , I clipped it and check the draw - no problem - I get a sweet taste that I can't really put words to , probably has to do with the wrapper aging in cognac barrels , this sweetness lasted for the whole smoke - and tastes great . I toast the foot and light it up - a little difficult to light but I get it going - I notice that the burn is quicker at the corners (it being box pressed) than on the flat sides , the cigar burned like this until it got past the square part and then evened out . Great rich tobacco flavor , never any harshness or bitterness , this is one powerful cigar , smoked it after a meal and it still sent me for a loop . Smoked it all the way down to about an inch , when my fingers got hot . Lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes . Only lit it once , never had to re-light . If I see them at retail I would defintely buy again , but I would not pay double retail . If you can get one , get it . :ss

Scottw
12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Nice, can't wait to try one. Have some sitting right now.

acarr
12-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the review. I picked up a box of these last week and a box of the 50's today can't wait to try them

Starchild
12-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Nice review. I just picked up a few that are resting.

Was the one you smoked fresh? If not, how old?

Bubba - NJ
12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
It was fresh .

ucla695
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree. Sharks are great smokes! They are definitely my favorite Anejo. I usually like to pair mine with some porto or something similar because I get a nice play between the sweetness of the porto and that of the wrapper. Like you said, these can be hefty smokes and I try to make sure I enjoy them on a full stomach. Like most Fuentes, gotta love the burn on them. Thanks for the review. :tu

mrreindeer
12-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice, can't wait to try one. Have some sitting right now.

I'd call it a little more than 'some', Scott. :r:r:r:r

Nice review - thank you; man, I can't wait to try mine!

Bubba - NJ
12-13-2008, 10:26 PM
I just had a #77 fromthis years batch , 2008 . It was pretty bad at first but I stuck with it and it did get better and smoothed out quite a bit . I kept getting a nasty strong ashy taste early in the smoke and then realized that maybe I was getting a discharge from the cut end into my mouth . So I looked at the cut and sure enough there it was , the dark brown oily and kind of tar like discharge . Tasted awful . So I tried to not touch my tongue to the cigar when drawing on the cigar and thats when the flavor of the cigar got alot better . Never had this happen with any Fuente before only with 2 Padron Anniversaries . I've got 4 more so hopefully this is a one cigar problem .

Trace63
12-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Ive been dying to try one of these.

Catfish
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
i've had 3 of the 5 i bought in early December. All 3 have been very consistent with each other. Light draws, very consistent, even burn, toothy and very complex, full bodied flavor. I am too new and have way to unrefined a palate to be able to describe deep woody, citrus, leather, cedar, grannies old socks or whatever label people put on to the flavors they interpret but they were very tasty.

What I can say is: I've learned I don't have to spend $17 on a cigar to have a great experience. I've since had a Camacho Triple Maduro that cost me $12 that I enjoyed much more and I've had $5 Edge's that I raved about.