PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

smitty81
02-27-2012, 08:17 AM
If you walked into a B&M and they had some LP's that were damaged but smokeable.

They had 3 #9's that were beat up pretty bad, a bunch of 52's of which a handful were damaged and they had 4 rats left of which only one was in good condition.

I dont know how these all got damaged...........the rest of the sticks in their humidor all looked ok to me.

I was kind of disappointed because I wanted to buy some more LP's.

Obviously I wasn't going to pay full price for a good stick that was damaged let alone any stick at all.

Since they were still smokeable, would you have taken them to the counter and asked for a discount on them or just left?

I ended up only buying one dirty rat. :td

Remo
02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
I would have seen if they would give a discount and then bought all of em :tu

Subvet642
02-27-2012, 08:20 AM

+1

MurphysLaw
02-27-2012, 08:21 AM
What kind of damage are we talking about, a little crack on the foot, or something severe? I've bought a couple cigars with a crack in the wrapper at the foot of the cigar, didn't affect it in the least.

chaase321
02-27-2012, 08:25 AM
What kind of damage are we talking about, a little crack on the foot, or something severe? I've bought a couple cigars with a crack in the wrapper at the foot of the cigar, didn't affect it in the least.

+1 Some damage is acceptable, and if they make it right, they are a B&M that I would come back to.

smitty81
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM

Different degrees of damage. Some of the foots were cracked, then some of the wrapper up by the band was cracked pretty good on some (some might even be unsmokable). Some of the caps were busted up pretty good. Just different things here and there.

Like I said, mostly smokeable but not something I am going to give $10-$13 dollars for.

I'd like the know where these LP's came from and how they got so damaged.

It's almost like they wernt stored correctly and got dry. Then were damaged from handling. The guy might have gotten a good deal on them and bought them?

I dunno. Just odd that those were the only ones that were so beat up.

Blak Smyth
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM

+2

I know Digs found one with a cracked foot and the guy gave it to him when he bought a handfull of others.

smitty81
02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
+1 Some damage is acceptable, and if they make it right, they are a B&M that I would come back to.

I dunno if I would call it a full blown B&M. It's a shop thats in an older part of town that also sells alcohol inside. Seems to attract a lot of bums......

They have a walk in humidor but I dunno if they are as dedicated to the cigars as an actual B&M.

pnoon
02-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Didn't you refer to it as a B&M in the first post? :sh
Posted via Mobile Device

smitty81
02-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Didn't you refer to it as a B&M in the first post? :sh
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, Maby I don't quite understand the meaning of B&M..........

They also sell booze so I'm not sure what to call it.

Let's call it a cigar shop for this exercise.:D

chippewastud79
02-27-2012, 08:48 AM

:confused: Same thing.

CigarNut
02-27-2012, 09:09 AM

B&M == Brick & Mortar store (e.g., a physical building) as opposed ot an Internet business.

chaase321
02-27-2012, 09:11 AM
B&M = Brick and Mortar

simple, basic, broad

No worries whether a B&M or not, if they gave a discount for the messed up sticks and everything else was ok like humidity and all and the sticks that are good like the LPs didn't taste like dog rockets, then I might buy from them again. It's all about how you treat your customers...otherwise, there are many online sales sites that will treat you well and sometimes do good things for return customers :tu

elderboy02
02-27-2012, 09:11 AM

Is it one of those cut-rate tobacco type of outfits? If so, you really have to make sure the cigars aren't dried out.

T.G
02-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Different degrees of damage. Some of the foots were cracked, then some of the wrapper up by the band was cracked pretty good on some (some might even be unsmokable). Some of the caps were busted up pretty good. Just different things here and there.

Like I said, mostly smokeable but not something I am going to give $10-$13 dollars for.

I'd like the know where these LP's came from and how they got so damaged.

It's almost like they wernt stored correctly and got dry. Then were damaged from handling. The guy might have gotten a good deal on them and bought them?

I dunno. Just odd that those were the only ones that were so beat up.

Sounds like shipping damage actually.

smitty81
02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Is it one of those cut-rate tobacco type of outfits? If so, you really have to make sure the cigars aren't dried out.

Yes, exactly what it is.

They have a walk in humidor. They keep the RH good in there.

smitty81
02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Sounds like shipping damage actually.

That could be since it was just the LP's. For the money they spent on those sticks, I would think they would have sent them back.

Maby they made it right with them in another way such as a discount or something.

T.G
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM

Yes, exactly what it is.

They have a walk in humidor. They keep the RH good in there.

That could be since it was just the LP's. For the money they spent on those sticks, I would think they would have sent them back.

Maby they made it right with them in another way such as a discount or something.

They might not be a Liga Privada account and they might have gotten the cigars on the secondary market. If that's the case, who knows what kind of deals they made to do it or if they can even send them back at all.

gbum
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
just ask them for a discount,if they wont... then walk away...
no biggy

smitty81
02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
just ask them for a discount,if they wont... then walk away...
no biggy

I didn't really think about it untill today.........

I think they will be there next time. I will ask then.

JenksAnejo
02-27-2012, 10:26 AM
You have to have a pretty stellar relationship with Drew Estate to score a Liga Privada account. (I think this is a good thing)