PDA

View Full Version : New "estate" pipe!

Thrak
02-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Picked this up on ebay, says its used, but either the seller cleaned it up REALLY REALLY well, or this was only used a handful of times. Its practically brand new. I put 'estate' in quotes, but I wouldnt call this an estate pipe in the shape this is in. Its amazingly clean.

It is a Savinelli Opera series shape #602... I tried to get a close up of the grain, it is absolutely beautiful.

Best of all was the deal!! Only $36!!!! :banger

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/flutterbyissa/sav_opera1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/flutterbyissa/sav_opera2.jpg

Emjaysmash
02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Nice buy! Estate pipes are usually cleaned up and sanitized before being sold and often look almost like new. It is definitely a nice estate pipe.

Thrak
02-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Ahh... so even if its used once, its still classified as an estate pipe?

For some reason I thought estate pipes are well used, not nearly new.

Emjaysmash
02-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Ahh... so even if its used once, its still classified as an estate pipe?

For some reason I thought estate pipes are well used, not nearly new.

From my understanding, yes. Once it is used, it is no longer new.

DaBear
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Beautiful grain on that bad boy. Love bent stems personally.

Phil Lausafee
02-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Nice grab.

Curly Cut
02-25-2012, 05:16 PM
there are also "estate" pipes that have never been smoked.
i've long believed, and witnessed, that once a pipe is bought, it is then considered an estate pipe.

maconusmile
02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
nice looking estate pipe bro! You got a great deal

Blak Smyth
02-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Love it! Well done!

MarkinAZ
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
It is a Savinelli Opera series shape #602... I tried to get a close up of the grain, it is absolutely beautiful.

Best of all was the deal!! Only $36!!!! :banger

Nice pick-up on the Savinelli Thrak...

there are also "estate" pipes that have never been smoked...

In searching various web pages for pipes, I've also noticed in their "Estate Pipes" section, certain pipes that were not or never smoked. I figure that the original owner never got around to smoking the pipe, or were simply not smoking it for a potential investment or resale somewhere down the road.

For me, if I'm going to purchase a pipe, I'm definitely going to be burning some tobacco in it:tu

CigarDisciple
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Beautiful grain on that pipe, good buy.

Thrak
02-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone!! Put a bowl of 1888 After Dinner through it last night and it was great!

Not sure what to think about the balsa insert though. I cant tell if it made any difference, but it was sure dirty and damp when I took it out.

Can you use those things more than once?

NCRadioMan
02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
An "estate pipe" is just that. A pipe that has been acquired from someone's estate. Doesn't matter if it's been smoked or not. (the definition of "estate" when used this way: a person's property)

You can use the balsa filter till it gets really nasty. It's more of a moisture wick than a filter. I think they hinder the draw too much so I don't use them.