PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher

dijit
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
:sl First let me start with a disclaimer for those that think Jalapenos are hot stay away, stay far away! Seriously this cigar should rank right up there with any strong full bodied smoke. Tolerating the first 5 minutes is the toughest part due to the spices on the wrapper. I couldn't place the pepper deffinateley not jalapeno.

Appearance and texture: Dark smooth wrapper not oily but not dry, firm feel and solid to the cutter. Smooth even white ash that matches the strength of the cigar.

First third: flavor explosion of spice, pepper lots of it not just the wrapper and not just hot there are essences of sweet peppers as well light spices such as cinnamon maybe couldn't quite place it.

Heart: the middle third mellowed considerably and the leather and earthy flavors start to come out allowing your palate to calm down and enjoy the smooth thick creamy smoke and the aroma.

Finish: The flavors finally start to blend and all hit at the same time the earth and leather got stronger and was met with the spices in a very well balanced combination allowing me to justify to myself the initial power of the spices.

My final word: This cigar is a brute at the beginning kinda like your first experience with Jalapeno peppers that to the end tastes more like a spicy relish. Good with a kick! I am unsure if aging this one would help too much since I am concerned the pepper would over power the whole thing.

rating 86 :banger

kelmac07
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Nice review...if you can get past the first third, it is a decent stick. Just gotta get past the pepper spray infused, lip burning gimmick out of your head. :D

Zeuceone
02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
:r

dwoodward
02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I am still a little concerned to try this one. Sounds like a Spicy ACID in my opinion.

dijit
02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
The spices with the exception of the wrapper arent nearly as strong as ACID cigars.

ApexAZ
02-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Great review, thanks! I'm not a fan of huge spice so I will probably stay away for now.

cobra03
02-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Nice review. Although these are not bad sticks once you get past the whole pepper spray burning they are not good enough to deal with it every time i wanted to smoke one. :2

us_soldier1989
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I've got one sitting in the humi... It's been in there for approx. 3 weeks/ I love spice, but I'm still trying to decide when I wanna feel the burnnn. :tg

Taki
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice review...if you can get past the first third, it is a decent stick. Just gotta get past the pepper spray infused, lip burning gimmick out of your head. :D

:r:r I couldn't get past two draws on it!! :hy

Shane (Blak Smyth) nubbed it....crazy but he said the same thing, get past the first third and its a pretty good stick.

BHalbrooks
02-12-2012, 06:58 PM

I got this in the "12 Angry men" from CI. Jesus. I like Spicy foods, but this was just stupid for the first 1/3, like everyone has said. After the Spice wears off, it's actually not that bad. Getting past the burn, that's the challenge. :r

Blak Smyth
02-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Great review, thanks! I'm not a fan of huge spice so I will probably stay away for now.

I have joked around alot about this stick, but let's be clear, this stick should have never been made. It seems to have been dipped in Habeneros. If you smoke this with chapped lips you will need to go to the burn unit for treatment. This cigar is a cruel joke, at least I didn't purchase a box, like Mac!!!

lenguamor
02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Time to bring back the cigar holder!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/dirtyrottenbastard27/cigarholders__52990.jpg

sevans105
02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I have joked around alot about this stick, but let's be clear, this stick should have never been made. It seems to have been dipped in Habeneros. If you smoke this with chapped lips you will need to go to the burn unit for treatment. This cigar is a cruel joke, at least I didn't purchase a box, like Mac!!!

Lol....I got a box too. Dang cbid. Don't know that I'll ever smoke one though. Makes for good bomb fodder though! Was that the one I sent you?

Big Maduro
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Ok, Now I have to pick one up. I love spice and pepper sometimes.

cobra03
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Lol....I got a box too. Dang cbid. Don't know that I'll ever smoke one though. Makes for good bomb fodder though! Was that the one I sent you?
Great to give to an unsuspecting cigar mooch.
Ok, Now I have to pick one up. I love spice and pepper sometimes.

Do you love pepper spray? If so this is the cigar for you.

Big Maduro
02-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I put Habanero in my chili and suicide wings. The only cigar I've tried with Pepper or spice is Don Peppin.

emopunker2004
02-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Do you love pepper spray? If so this is the cigar for you.

I DO I DO! :noon

Remo
02-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Never had one, never will :tu I like spicy stuff but not a cigar oddity like this :td

cobra03
02-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I DO I DO! :noon

I have an extra can if you want. You can make your own Punishers :r

emopunker2004
02-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I have an extra can if you want. You can make your own Punishers :r

I'm good bro. I have a can for work. If i need a new one, supply will gimmie one :tu

Blak Smyth
02-13-2012, 05:07 AM

Hahah yah I received two in bombs this month :r

I will prolly PIF it though, hope it doesn't upset you:D

I put Habanero in my chili and suicide wings. The only cigar I've tried with Pepper or spice is Don Peppin.

Habanro works on wings, not on a cigar. This is not a natural spice like many great cigars posess, this is just dumb.

dannysguitar
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Forget Don Pepin, more like Don Pepper spray

Big Maduro
02-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I meant that I like hot,spicy things. I wouldn't put a hot pepper on a cigar.

kelmac07
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
I will prolly PIF it though, hope it doesn't upset you:D

You'd better MAN UP and smoke one of those Shane!! :bh :bh :bh

Blak Smyth
02-16-2012, 06:09 AM
You'd better MAN UP and smoke one of those Shane!! :bh :bh :bh

I nubbed one, I think that is man enough for one lifetime.

Forget Don Pepin, more like Don Pepper spray

The best way I can describe it is if Big Foot had sex with a Ghost Pepper and they had a baby, then you rolled a cigar out of the baby's diaper... something like that.

Islayphile
02-16-2012, 06:31 AM
I like the burn!

Pairs well with Talisker 10yr

kelmac07
02-16-2012, 09:43 AM
I nubbed one, I think that is man enough for one lifetime.

I retract my previous statement. :D

TJtorpedo
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Got one of these in a sampler a few months ago, but it's buried in my cooler, and I have no intention of smoking it anytime soon. Maybe a year or two will "mellow" it out?

Islayphile
02-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Got one of these in a sampler a few months ago, but it's buried in my cooler, and I have no intention of smoking it anytime soon. Maybe a year or two will "mellow" it out?

I doubt it

:r