PDA

View Full Version : SAMs Club humidor

neoflex
02-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case your local Sams Club is carrying these as I got excited last night when I saw it but was quickly let down and wanted to make sure if you saw them that you inspected them closely before dropping any coin on it.
Sams Club has a great looking humidor/wine cabinet for $250. The top portion is a small humidor that looks to be meant for singles that surprisingly seems to have a great seal and the bottom portion was meant to be where you would store boxes and wine. That's where the unfortunate part comes in. The door on the lower portion could never seal or dream of holding humidity. I literally could put my face 4 inches from the door and see through the top of the door. To put it into perspective I could probably stack two quarters on top of each other and slide them through the gap. It's a shame because it was a nice piece but unless you only wanted to use the bottom for wine and the top for may 35 or so sticks it would be great.
Just found a pic on Google images that oddly enough was from the old place.:tu http://media.photobucket.com/image/sams%20club%20humidor%20wine%20cabinet/crownedone55/IMAG0629.jpg

dwoodward
02-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Such a shame..

Totally unrelated, but maybe not. Kind of reminds me of my neighborhood gas station, to my surprise they recently had a display humidor on their counter with some good cigars (Partagas, Punch, AF's, Drew Estates). While looking at it, I discovered that there was easily a 1-2mm gap around the edge of the door. And of course, not that it matters anyway, no humidification unit. I asked the shop owner if he know that cigars needed to be humidified, he said that the humidor does all that on its own and removes the need for humidification...

Talk about a face palm..

jluck
02-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Is there any reason a few dollars of weather strip couldn't seal the door? If someone really liked it it would be worth a shot IMO.

dwoodward
02-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Is there any reason a few dollars of weather strip couldn't seal the door? If someone really liked it it would be worth a shot IMO.

The problem is that 99% of people buy a humidor to use it and never think of having to repair it right away. The whole idea of brand new is engraved in people's heads as having no problems.

Most seasoned cigar smokers know better tho lol.

neoflex
02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
I thought about that too but with the gap this thing had I'm not sure if you would ever get it to seal right or get the door to close properly one you did with the amount that would be needed to seal the gaps. Such a shame as had it had a decent seal, for $250 I would have rolled one on out of their last night as I could use some overflow box storage and we have been looking for a decent wine rack so I could have killed two birds with one stone without beating up my budget.

colinb913
02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Such a shame..

Totally unrelated, but maybe not. Kind of reminds me of my neighborhood gas station, to my surprise they recently had a display humidor on their counter with some good cigars (Partagas, Punch, AF's, Drew Estates). While looking at it, I discovered that there was easily a 1-2mm gap around the edge of the door. And of course, not that it matters anyway, no humidification unit. I asked the shop owner if he know that cigars needed to be humidified, he said that the humidor does all that on its own and removes the need for humidification...

Talk about a face palm..

I was at a the Maxwell House with my girlfriend and her family, and ran into the same problem at the gift shop there. No humidification unit, and the hygrometer read 32%. Apparently, "I know nothing about cigars, I am just some dumb kid" and "Need to get away from the humidor before I break it" I am sure the Flor De Olivias (8.00 a pop), and the Acid C-Notes (6.00 a pop) are really fragile..

P.S. Not joking about getting called dumb here either. Some foreigner was working at the counter.

Oh, and I really like the look of that wine cooler. It would go super nice right next to my desk... Ughhh

Digs
02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe it's just that one at your store the door maybe off thru poor QC?
Prolly a product of red china, but heck if it's a large as it looks and for $250 who is going to complain about installing $10 worth of weather seal when you have just saved $300-$400??

MrCigar
02-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case your local Sams Club is carrying these as I got excited last night when I saw it but was quickly let down and wanted to make sure if you saw them that you inspected them closely before dropping any coin on it.
Sams Club has a great looking humidor/wine cabinet for $250. The top portion is a small humidor that looks to be meant for singles that surprisingly seems to have a great seal and the bottom portion was meant to be where you would store boxes and wine. That's where the unfortunate part comes in. The door on the lower portion could never seal or dream of holding humidity. I literally could put my face 4 inches from the door and see through the top of the door. To put it into perspective I could probably stack two quarters on top of each other and slide them through the gap. It's a shame because it was a nice piece but unless you only wanted to use the bottom for wine and the top for may 35 or so sticks it would be great.
Just found a pic on Google images that oddly enough was from the old place.:tu http://media.photobucket.com/image/sams%20club%20humidor%20wine%20cabinet/crownedone55/IMAG0629.jpg

I saw this humidor/wine cabinet at Sams a few weeks ago, priced at $299. It looked great & I wanted to buy it, but not for $299. I decided to wait for the price cut. Friday my Wife & I go to Sams & they have cut the price to $199. I have a great Wife, because she says "I'll buy you this for Valentines day". I'm in. I et it home & take it out of the box & it is perfect.
This is a great humidor. Someone here posted that the humidor on top only holds 35 cigars. Wrong. I have at least 125 Cigars in the top part of the humidor. As for the bottom part of the humidor, there is a small gap at the top of the door, but I have a smaller humidor on the shelf so this gap doesn't matter to me. I will use some foam weather stripping to fill this gap. No big deal. This is a great value for $199. The quality of this piece is outstanding & is well worth $199.

emopunker2004
02-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Such a shame..

Talk about a face palm..

:lr

I saw this humidor/wine cabinet at Sams a few weeks ago, priced at $299. It looked great & I wanted to buy it, but not for $299. I decided to wait for the price cut. Friday my Wife & I go to Sams & they have cut the price to $199. I have a great Wife, because she says "I'll buy you this for Valentines day". I'm in. I et it home & take it out of the box & it is perfect.
This is a great humidor. Someone here posted that the humidor on top only holds 35 cigars. Wrong. I have at least 125 Cigars in the top part of the humidor. As for the bottom part of the humidor, there is a small gap at the top of the door, but I have a smaller humidor on the shelf so this gap doesn't matter to me. I will use some foam weather stripping to fill this gap. No big deal. This is a great value for $199. The quality of this piece is outstanding & is well worth $199.

:cf2
Welcome. Please go introduce yourself in the new inmate forum.

dwoodward
02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Saw one of these in person last night, my buddy called me over to check out his new humidor, was surprised to see it was this exact one. Has a top compartment and a bottom compartment for holding wine and boxes of cigars. The top compartment has no seal, the flashlight test was pretty definitive, has a small gap encompassing the entire lid. However, it could probably be fixed with silicone / weather sealing.

The bottom compartment on the other hand has a 2-3mm gap all the way around, you can actually look thru the gap on one side and see the wall thru the gap on the other side. Really really poor handwork on these things. Could probably be fixed with weather sealing... Maybe.

Luckily my buddy is only going to use the top part for smokes, the bottom will be a shelf for liquor and wines.

I would not recommend these to anyone on these boards. For my buddy its a great deal, hes always wanted a liquor cabinet for his wine and liquors. And the top part humidor is just an awesome extra in his eyes. I'll be over at his place this weekend helping him get the whole top lid all sealed up. I might post pics of the process if I remember.

JKMaxInc
02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
My name is Rob, and I am the COO at JKMax which makes the Heritage Series Humidor Line.

First off I would like to apologize for any problems you have had with our product. I would like to assure you that quality is of the utmost importance to us as is customer satisfaction.

A little background. Some of you may have known that Sams sold humidors made by IDC back around 2004. IDC went into lighting and we filled the void. The humidors are made by the same factory that made IDC humidors. The factory has over 30 years experience in making humidors. This was a new product and although every effort was made to ensure quality there will be always be problems with products that are mass produced.

About the Humidor Wine Rack. The top section was the only section that was intended to be a true humidor. It should have a tight seal to hold the humidity steady in the 70 range. The bottom section was meant mainly for wine storage or cigar storage if still in sealed boxes from the manufacturer. We should have explained this better, and for that I apologize.

I agree with gentleman who said that people don't want a product that needs to be fixed, but several of our customers have found a way to seal the bottom section, with supplies from their local hardware stores.

Again I want to apologize, and if there is anything I can do please email returns@jkmaxproducts.com and put RA-3025 Cigar Asylum in the title and the email will be forwarded to my account. I will respond as soon as possible and will do everything in my power to keep our customers happy with their purchases. Thank you for your time...

OLS
02-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't want to help a manufacturer of humidors that likely builds his product in China to explain his product, but it
should be clear to rational people that just because something is big enough to hold boxes of cigars, that doesn't mean
it is a humidor. The lower portions of these combos are designed to hold glassware and wine related clutter. I never
saw one that sealed and people should not expect them to. They keep dust and eyeballs off your stuff while the top
part serves as a humidor. Like I said, I don't want to defend the vendor or the manufacturer, I think these types of
products pale in comparison to the products made by the craftsmen on our own cigar forum, but you get a lot of this
kind of crap, people comparing apples and oranges when it's not appropriate.

All that said, getting a great seal from even the top portion of these boxes is unlikely. Again, we have 3-4 humidor
BUILDERS on this forum that could use the work if you want a HUMIDOR. If you want a polished chinese box, that
is also your decision. Looks are part of the appeal of a humidor right? I just have never recommended buying these
things to anyone.
Besides, just look at MrCigar, he took a perfectly good username and used it to shill for this product, so it HAS to be
great. In fact it was so important to him that he only had time to post that shill reply in a two week period. I am sure he
is resting until he can go into another thread and sell humidity beads made out of sand.

Subvet642
02-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Props to Rob for coming in here and facing a potentially hostile crowd; it takes guts. :tu

Malazan
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Besides, just look at MrCigar, he took a perfectly good username and used it to shill for this product, so it HAS to be
great. In fact it was so important to him that he only had time to post that shill reply in a two week period. I am sure he
is resting until he can go into another thread and sell humidity beads made out of sand.

This made me pee my pants a little:r

JKMaxInc
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM

I want to assure you that MrCigar is not affiliated with JKMax. My reasoning is the top humidor can hold 100 cigars according to specs, not 125. Not saying this is indisputable proof, but we have great respect for enthusiasts and their forums, and to try to manipulate any forum would be, in my opinion, unethical.

We simply would like to hear opinions about our humidors. Good or Bad. Also we want our customers to know that their opinions matter to us, and their satisfaction with our products is very important to us.

Also we do not make humidity beads made out of sand, although I will have our R&D team look into it. :)

Thank you again for your time...

jluck
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Send me one. I will give a non-bias review.:tu

smitty81
02-28-2012, 03:39 PM

I want to assure you that MrCigar is not affiliated with JKMax. My reasoning is the top humidor can hold 100 cigars according to specs, not 125. Not saying this is indisputable proof, but we have great respect for enthusiasts and their forums, and to try to manipulate any forum would be, in my opinion, unethical.

We simply would like to hear opinions about our humidors. Good or Bad. Also we want our customers to know that their opinions matter to us, and their satisfaction with our products is very important to us.

Also we do not make humidity beads made out of sand, although I will have our R&D team look into it. :)

Thank you again for your time...

Same IP address?

pnoon
02-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Same IP address?
:tf
What would lead you to suspect that?

JKMaxInc
02-29-2012, 07:11 AM
For those curious, I will allow anyone to check my IP address both at home and the office. You can PM me if desired. I cannot provide for MrCigar obviously but possibly the admins can?

I can understand skepticism, but again I will assure you this is simply not the case. Not all businesses are out to scam their customers.

sevans105
02-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Props to Rob for coming in here and facing a potentially hostile crowd; it takes guts. :tu

+1 on this. Not in the market for a(nother) humidor at the moment, but seriously....mad props to Rob. I can think of one humidor artisan with way less cojones. Personal email? Well done.

Blak Smyth
02-29-2012, 07:23 AM
For those curious, I will allow anyone to check my IP address both at home and the office. You can PM me if desired. I cannot provide for MrCigar obviously but possibly the admins can?

I can understand skepticism, but again I will assure you this is simply not the case. Not all businesses are out to scam their customers.

Good attitude, not getting offended :tu
I believe the ToE would have already caught on if the IPs matched, not much gets by them. :2

Subvet642
02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Good attitude, not getting offended :tu
I believe the ToE would have already caught on if the IPs matched, not much gets by them. :2

Then that means that MrCigar has also been done a great disservice by this community. :2

MrCigar
03-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
Anyone who looked at this humidor & actually thought that the bottom half was a sealed humidor didn't look hard enough. The bottom half is clearly a wine storage rack with a shelf for sealed boxes or another humidor, which is what I use it for. Furthermore, those of you who are making the claim that the top section wont hold humidity don't know WTF you are talking about, as I have about 100 Cigars in the top section, with one rectangular humidifier filled with distilled water, & the humidity level has stayed around 75% to 70%.
The only problems that I had was with the black plastic rectangular humidifiers & velcro that came with the unit. The velcro would not stick to the wood inside the humidor. I ordered a metallic gold colored humidifier with the magnetic attachment system & it works great. I'm not using the 4 humidifiers that came with the unit.
Plus, the top lid didn't have a handle on it to lift it open, so I went to Menards & bought a small cabinet handle to match the luck hardware & installed it on the lid in the front center.
Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.

bobarian
03-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
Anyone who looked at this humidor & actually thought that the bottom half was a sealed humidor didn't look hard enough. The bottom half is clearly a wine storage rack with a shelf for sealed boxes or another humidor, which is what I use it for. Furthermore, those of you who are making the claim that the top section wont hold humidity don't know WTF you are talking about, as I have about 100 Cigars in the top section, with one rectangular humidifier filled with distilled water, & the humidity level has stayed around 75% to 70%.
The only problems that I had was with the black plastic rectangular humidifiers & velcro that came with the unit. The velcro would not stick to the wood inside the humidor. I ordered a metallic gold colored humidifier with the magnetic attachment system & it works great. I'm not using the 4 humidifiers that came with the unit.
Plus, the top lid didn't have a handle on it to lift it open, so I went to Menards & bought a small cabinet handle to match the luck hardware & installed it on the lid in the front center.
Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.

:r We tend to respect the opinions of those member who actually choose to introduce themselves and participate actively in the forum. :sh

Blanket statements regarding the quality of the seal only show ignorance. Even the CEO does not claim 100% perfection. Things can happen in both QC and in shipping from his factory. :2

icehog3
03-03-2012, 01:11 AM
WTF is wrong with you clowns?

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/bozo.jpg

Our size 56 shoes are too tight.

Welcome to the Asylum, winning!

Hem
03-03-2012, 01:16 AM
LoL @ MrCigar

http://troll.me/images/casey-anthony/u-mad-bro.jpg

Zeuceone
03-03-2012, 01:47 AM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/bozo.jpg

Welcome to the Asylum, winning!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bVnl5U4eNLM/TrFMv00XTHI/AAAAAAAARYA/43pjuugxeQs/s1600/6022777893_3af20d3fe4_b.jpg

pnoon
03-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Dale Carnegie, you're not.

CigarNut
03-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Ahhhh.... Just another day in the Asylum.... :)

CRIMPS
03-03-2012, 09:48 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bVnl5U4eNLM/TrFMv00XTHI/AAAAAAAARYA/43pjuugxeQs/s1600/6022777893_3af20d3fe4_b.jpg

If I wear a pair of these shoes, am I eligible for a discount on said humidor?

replicant_argent
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
The bottom section was meant mainly for wine storage or cigar storage if still in sealed boxes from the manufacturer.

You are who with what company? You know of "sealed boxes from the manufacturer" that do not need any humidification?

Clearly I am either missing something or you do not understand one of the most basic fundamentals of cigar care and cigar manufacturer box construction.

bonjing
03-03-2012, 10:59 AM

Dang Icehog!!! You must have a really big pair of

Feet :r

Texan in Mexico
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM

I actually drove through Matehuala, Mexico a couple years back, that is the town these boots come from - too funny!

Directed at JKMxInc, spend some time here, participate on some threads, this is a great bunch of enthusiasts and a potentially big market for you I suppose.

big a
03-03-2012, 03:38 PM
You are who with what company? You know of "sealed boxes from the manufacturer" that do not need any humidification?

Clearly I am either missing something or you do not understand one of the most basic fundamentals of cigar care and cigar manufacturer box construction.

I was wondering this too. Maybe the ones that you store at 75% :r

icehog3
03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Dang Icehog!!! You must have a really big pair of

Feet :r

And you know what they say about a man with really big feet. He has a gigantic

shoe collection.

Malazan
03-03-2012, 11:06 PM

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/m60g/UnfeelingCat.jpg

MrCigar
03-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Dale Carnegie, you're not.

I'm more of a Jeffrey Gitomer guy...

pnoon
03-03-2012, 11:37 PM

No clue who that is. You would do well to inteoduce yourself in the New Inmate forum.

T.G
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Opinions vary.

icehog3
03-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Opinions vary.

I typed it but didn't hit "reply".

Crownedone
03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Just an update on the Sams club humi-combo, Price in my area just went down to $155.00

Coop
03-22-2012, 03:55 PM
I hate walmart, so therefore I also hate Sam's club....

OLS
03-22-2012, 04:25 PM

It was easy to make this assumption. A lot of what you said THEN and a lot of what you said after in your
"outrage" post sounded like a shill.

How do you know they weren't selling well?? Do you work there? Know someone who was in charge
of putting new ones on the shelf as they sold? Do you think that there are a ton of cigar people in this
new anti-smoking world? Sam's gets way fewer cigar smokers in it than cigar stores, and they don't
sell well at cigar stores. It's not a 'well-build" piece, it's kind of a cheap thing that is made to look good
by how complicated it is. I used to have the larger relative of it, and it was a POS that wouldn't hold a
steady humidity. Sorry that my opinions varied from yours and that you did not stick around long.

But in the end, it's important to know that if you like the way it looks in your den, and you realize that
I am a pric& that no one likes, then maybe it will all be OK in the end and you can enjoy your humidor
despite how people reacted to your first post..

MrCigar
03-22-2012, 11:19 PM
It was easy to make this assumption. A lot of what you said THEN and a lot of what you said after in your
"outrage" post sounded like a shill.

How do you know they weren't selling well?? Do you work there? Know someone who was in charge
of putting new ones on the shelf as they sold? Do you think that there are a ton of cigar people in this
new anti-smoking world? Sam's gets way fewer cigar smokers in it than cigar stores, and they don't
sell well at cigar stores. It's not a 'well-build" piece, it's kind of a cheap thing that is made to look good
by how complicated it is. I used to have the larger relative of it, and it was a POS that wouldn't hold a
steady humidity. Sorry that my opinions varied from yours and that you did not stick around long.

But in the end, it's important to know that if you like the way it looks in your den, and you realize that
I am a pric& that no one likes, then maybe it will all be OK in the end and you can enjoy your humidor
despite how people reacted to your first post..

Ummm...ok...
All remaining inventory of this Humidor/Wine Cabinet have been moved to the clearance section in all Sam's Club Stores. This unit is a great deal at whatever the clearance price is, $199 still at my store. Again, the humidor section of this unit is great & has held at 70% for about 2 weeks now without refreshing the humidifiers. This is a great unit that is well constructed & very solid.

emopunker2004
03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Ummm...ok...
All remaining inventory of this Humidor/Wine Cabinet have been moved to the clearance section in all Sam's Club Stores. This unit is a great deal at whatever the clearance price is, $199 still at my store. Again, the humidor section of this unit is great & has held at 70% for about 2 weeks now without refreshing the humidifiers. This is a great unit that is well constructed & very solid.

:rolleyes:

dwoodward
03-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Ummm...ok...

Who didn't see this coming...

The first posts he made had the implication he didn't work for Sams club, but here he is, now admitting he does. LOL

Sam's club seriously lost some respect from me just from this thread alone, making up some story about him and his "great wife". Seriously dude?

Next we find out his wife is wonderwoman and he has 2 ducks and a squirrel for kids.

icehog3
03-22-2012, 11:37 PM

The first posts he made had the implication he didn't work for Sams club, but here he is, now admitting he does. LOL

Sam's club seriously lost some respect from me just from this thread alone, making up some story about him and his "great wife". Seriously dude?

Next we find out his wife is wonderwoman and he has 2 ducks and a squirrel for kids.

Maybe by "his store", he meant the Sam's Club store closest to him? ;)

dwoodward
03-22-2012, 11:39 PM

I'd be surprised for him to know that all "remaining inventory" has been moved to clearance in "all Sam's Club Stores"...

Sounds just like something that is common knowledge to me... :r

icehog3
03-22-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd be surprised for him to know that all "remaining inventory" has been moved to clearance in "all Sam's Club Stores"...

Sounds just like something that is common knowledge to me... :r

Apparently you missed your calling as a detective.

emopunker2004
03-22-2012, 11:40 PM

I agree Tom. BUT, him "knowing" that it's on clearance at ALL Sam's Club stores is kinda hinky

icehog3
03-22-2012, 11:42 PM
I agree Tom. BUT, him "knowing" that it's on clearance at ALL Sam's Club stores is kinda hinky

We have threads on here about a certain wine cooler being on clearance at all Meijer's stores. I've seem them about wine coolers at all Targets (or maybe it's WalMarts) too. Not that difficult to find out with the internet, Justin.

dwoodward
03-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Apparently you missed your calling as a detective.

:tu :D

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/03/11/5/1437/14373728/8b1e6f1754b85f3d_inspector-gadget.jpg

I am just reading into things. It's a curse. lol

Stinky
03-23-2012, 12:09 AM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=11547&stc=1&d=1332482846
Here's mine. Sets in the dining area.
I added the legs. RyJ promo item.
Humidor on top. Wine cabinet below.

T.G
03-23-2012, 12:27 AM
bishes :rolleyes:

Zeuceone
03-23-2012, 12:35 AM
My Sam's club just marked them down to $100. If i was you guys i would wait it out till this price reaches you.

Zeuceone
03-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I hate walmart, so therefore I also hate Sam's club....

Amen.

icehog3
03-23-2012, 12:40 AM
My Sam's club just marked them down to $100. If i was you guys i would wait it out till this price reaches you.

Oh, so you work for them too, G! This is a conspiracy, I tell you!!

Zeuceone
03-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Oh, so you work for them too, G! This is a conspiracy, I tell you!!

I am in no way affiliated with them. How did you come to that conclusion? :sh

icehog3
03-23-2012, 12:46 AM
I am in no way affiliated with them. How did you come to that conclusion? :sh

Follow along, my West Coast Brother....read the last page of posts, and you will see this is a conspiracy!!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/sky.jpg

Zeuceone
03-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Follow along, my West Coast Brother....read the last page of posts, and you will see this is a conspiracy!!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/sky.jpg

http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/Pull%20Your%20Leg.jpg

icehog3
03-23-2012, 12:52 AM
http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/Pull%20Your%20Leg.jpg

Just a little, G. :)

Zeuceone
03-23-2012, 12:56 AM

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/sky.jpg[/IG]

I am what you consider a blog ready, myself.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw1r1uah9P1qb2greo8_500.jpg

icehog3
03-23-2012, 12:59 AM
I am what you consider a blog ready, myself.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw1r1uah9P1qb2greo8_500.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/Neo_Whoa.jpg

CigarNut
03-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Where are the ducks?

icehog3
03-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Where are the ducks?

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/duck12.jpg

CigarNut
03-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you Tom for bringing in the ever-cherished Stogie Duck!

MrCigar
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM

I never said that I work for Sam's Club. I don't. I am a Sales Manager for a German technology company. When I said "my store" I meant the store that I shop at.

MrCigar
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=11547&stc=1&d=1332482846

Nice. I like the legs idea & may do that to mine.
Thanks,

JKMaxInc
03-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Gentlemen (and ladies),

At $200 this is a great deal. At $100 it's a steal.

Coop
03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Gentlemen (and ladies),

At $200 this is a great deal. At $100 it's a steal.

Speaking of steal, how are the camera's at Sam's club.....:D

Stinky
03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks,

Legs & brackets from Lowe's. Pecan stain to match finish. Easy! Even YOU could do this!

JKMaxInc
03-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Speaking of steal, how are the camera's at Sam's club.....:D

Can't help you there. All I can say is at $200 it's below cost...

Edit: I see what you did there. A bit slow in the morning I guess... I will say I was shopping at a Wal-Mart and saw a couple of kids running out of the store, when about 4 huge guys wearing street clothes came out and tackled them. Apparently they had shopelifted and Wal-Mart has undercover security walking the stores... Who knew.

JKMaxInc
03-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Thanks,

This is a very nice piece. The legs add a nice touch.

dwoodward
03-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Can't help you there. All I can say is at $200 it's below cost...

Edit: I see what you did there. A bit slow in the morning I guess... I will say I was shopping at a Wal-Mart and saw a couple of kids running out of the store, when about 4 huge guys wearing street clothes came out and tackled them. Apparently they had shopelifted and Wal-Mart has undercover security walking the stores... Who knew.

I thought it was illegal to chase a shoplifter from a store. Some kind of legal liability where shoplifters are likely to get hostile to pedestrians while being chased.

My girlfriend used to work at best buy and they were told it was against the law to chase someone out of the doors of the store. Apparently it is legal to yell at them to come back, but you cannot step outside.

I have a feeling the later is what probably happened and some football team came to the rescue lol.

OLS
03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Can't help you there. All I can say is at $200 it's below cost....

:bs:bs

They keep pulling me back IN!

Subvet642
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I thought it was illegal to chase a shoplifter from a store. Some kind of legal liability where shoplifters are likely to get hostile to pedestrians while being chased.

My girlfriend used to work at best buy and they were told it was against the law to chase someone out of the doors of the store. Apparently it is legal to yell at them to come back, but you cannot step outside.

I have a feeling the later is what probably happened and some football team came to the rescue lol.

That is not true in Massachusetts, maybe it's a state by state thing.

dwoodward
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
That is not true in Massachusetts, maybe it's a state by state thing.

Entirely possible. :D

pnoon
03-26-2012, 12:27 PM
That is not true in Massachusetts, maybe it's a state by state thing.I agree.
Which is why such statements should be left to those with legal training and/or knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

dwoodward
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree.
Which is why such statements should be left to those with legal training and/or knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't say it definitively. I just said that I thought it was. And I do believe I have some kind of knowledge, my girlfriend worked retail for 5 years and it was a rule at her store, and was driven into employee's heads that it was against the law including a story and news article on the staff bulletin board about it. It's entirely possible it's a local thing.

The story however was quite sad and tragic, not something to bring up tho.

Coop
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
So can I fit one of these in my pants???

JKMaxInc
03-27-2012, 06:16 PM
:bs:bs

They keep pulling me back IN!

OLS, I'm sorry your smiley faces feel that way. I'm not going to try to convince you. I will say Sam's Club works off of volume and keeps low margins. When products sit on their floor too long they actually lose money from not putting new items on the floor that could be selling.

RonC
06-13-2012, 06:24 PM
now $120 at my local sams

edngray
06-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Just bought one of these online. Total price, shipping and taxes included 97.36.

ITEM QTY GIFT SHIPPING METHOD PRICE
JKMax Wine Rack/Humidor - 752617 1 No Standard $76.00
Shipment 1 Total (Paid Online): $97.36

OnlyDryReds
08-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Also bought one online, not bad looking, but did anyone notice the large gap on the door? Anyone come up with solution to seal without taking away from the looks?

AECUSN
08-19-2012, 12:29 AM
For a $100, I may take a look. My wife wants a nice wine rack, and I could use the extra space... sounds like a win-win!

debatable
08-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Can't seem to find these locally anymore ... I had picked about a month ago for $180. It is quite a nice piece. Definitely worth it around the $200 range or below!

debatable
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Good Stuff! ... perfect wine rack!

OLS
08-28-2012, 09:32 AM
I just bought TWO! WOW what a seal. I can see right into it from the side!
I can check on my cigars without opening the door. Perfect!

And I LOVE the addition of a wine rack?? Cigars and wine? PERFECT.

I wanted one with a magazine rack, but NO SUCH LUCK :(

Rozman
08-30-2012, 10:15 AM
I bought one of these after it was recduced to $155 and it does have minor issues with maintaining humidity in the wine cabinet area. I used a small piece of weather stripping near the upper left of the door and it holds better humidity using two of the provided plastic humidifiers than the top does.

I enjoy the look of this Humidor and the nice size of the shelf in the wine rack to store sealed boxes and reused cherry humidors that we keep full until I need to restock the upper level.

I find it to be a good value.

pnoon
08-30-2012, 10:32 AM
I bought one of these after it was recduced to $155 and it does have minor issues with maintaining humidity in the wine cabinet area. I used a small piece of weather stripping near the upper left of the door and it holds better humidity using two of the provided plastic humidifiers than the top does.

I enjoy the look of this Humidor and the nice size of the shelf in the wine rack to store sealed boxes and reused cherry humidors that we keep full until I need to restock the upper level.

I find it to be a good value.

Welcome.

OLS
08-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Simply and utterly amazing.

08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I think the factory in China where these are made has an army of Chinese state-sponsered cyber terrorists using their skills, and bad translators, to try and convince us of the amazing quality of their product.

Da_Plumber
09-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi guys just an update on that humidor i bought the last two from sams in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and i only paid 65 dollars a piece lol for 65 bucks this thing looks great in my living room and holds humidity just fine not a bad buy. It took a while to season but its perfect. i gave the other to my brother and he loves it. i have about 75 cigars in the to of that humidor.

pnoon
09-25-2012, 06:48 AM
Hi guys just an update on that humidor i bought the last two from sams in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and i only paid 65 dollars a piece lol for 65 bucks this thing looks great in my living room and holds humidity just fine not a bad buy. It took a while to season but its perfect. i gave the other to my brother and he loves it. i have about 75 cigars in the to of that humidor.

Welcome.

pnoon
09-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Seems we have an awful lot of one time posters coming into this thread to tell us how wonderful this humidor is.

For me, it has accomplished quite the opposite.

09-25-2012, 10:52 AM
My friend bought one. It makes him coffee every morning, fetches his newspaper, and gives him a back-rub before bed.

poriggity
09-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Seems we have an awful lot of one time posters coming into this thread to tell us how wonderful this humidor is.

For me, it has accomplished quite the opposite.

:tpd: