PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Parenting: For the troubled Teen...

MarkinAZ
02-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Dear fellow parents, I have a 16 yr old daughter and can relate to this guys video. My daughters grades have severely diminished to C', D', and a F. Geez, even a C in PE. That's generally a no brainer. As her mother and I have stressed to her, there would be consequences if she did not bring her grades up to par. Thus, she has been grounded, her television was taken away, and Sprint Family Locator installed on her cell telephone.

This fathers 16 yr old daughter posted a "not too nice of a letter" on her Facebook page for the whole world to view. Here's his video and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Just wish "my" daughter had a lap top;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kl1ujzRidmU

hotreds
02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I reckon this guy is gonna be in trouble for what he did one way or t'other.

Savor the Stick
02-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I think he did the right thing. She had been warned before, and to show such disrespect to her parents, she needed to have her laptop destroyed.

A Gun is just a tool!

elderboy02
02-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I think he did the right thing. She had been warned before, and to show such disrespect to her parents, she needed to have her laptop destroyed.

A Gun is just a tool!

+1. :tu

Jasonw560
02-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Kudos to this Dad. More parents aren't brave enough to do something like this. Not only did he show her there are consequences to her actions, but he backed up what he had told her he was going to do. I hope this girl straightens up, as I hope yours does, Mark.

cjhalbrooks
02-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I reckon this guy is gonna be in trouble for what he did one way or t'other.

how is he going to get in trouble what are the computer police going to come get him. All he did was destroy his own property. Yes he was by a road but he was still far enough away from it to not be a threat.

cobra03
02-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Saw this video last night. Fantastic.

replicant_argent
02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I laughed.
Hopefully the kid will get her view of the world skewed a little bit more towards reality.

sevans105
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
As the father of two teenage boys (17 and 16) and one soon to be teenage daughter (12)

I LOVE THIS GUY!

I made all my kids watch it. Yes, the language was rough, but the message was very clear.

Due to my work, my career, they have very easy lives. Their chores, their minor bits of work that I ask them to do, are tiny and simple. Their main job is school

fencefixer
02-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Saw that a few days ago.. I totally agree, most of today's kids are spoiled little brats. All I have to do is look at my nieces and nephew who want cash for everything little "extra" thing they're asked to do.

Personally I would have rigged that laptop with some tannerite to show that I really mean business. :tu
The way I look at it, the hard drive and battery are still in good shape as he missed those spots. -(P

MarkinAZ
02-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Kudos to this Dad. More parents aren't brave enough to do something like this. Not only did he show her there are consequences to her actions, but he backed up what he had told her he was going to do. I hope this girl straightens up, as I hope yours does, Mark.

She's a good kid Jason, just needs some TLC from time to time. I think 11th grade is one of those tough times for kids with school and transitioning into becoming a young adult, and you simply need to keep em' focused in the right direction and away from bad influences. One thing she understands is "consequences."

She's coming back around already and the grades are improving:D

Skywalker
02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
She's a good kid Jason, just needs some TLC from time to time. I think 11th grade is one of those tough times for kids with school and transitioning into becoming a young adult, and you simply need to keep em' focused in the right direction and away from bad influences. One thing she understands is "consequences."

Good to hear Mark!!!:tu

hotreds
02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
how is he going to get in trouble what are the computer police going to come get him. All he did was destroy his own property. Yes he was by a road but he was still far enough away from it to not be a threat.

In this day and age social services (aka SS) will make up a whole list of reasons to go after him. That's the world we live in, alas.

Thaplumbr
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome, somebody get that man a Cigar!!!!!:tu

Hem
02-11-2012, 05:47 PM
If only the rest of the world thought like this..

cjhalbrooks
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM
In this day and age social services (aka SS) will make up a whole list of reasons to go after him. That's the world we live in, alas.

I think SS will not touch that girl and if they do she will be back in hours

hotreds
02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Awesome, somebody get that man a Cigar!!!!!:tu

Now there's a thought!:tu

Jasonw560
02-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Fantastic!! :tu Glad to hear it. I agree, and there are so many bad influences. No doubt she's a good kid, just needed focus.

dwoodward
02-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Saw this on my facebook wall yesterday and reposted it. Loved it as well. Kudos to the father.

kelmac07
02-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Love it!!

CoreyD
02-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Yeah this really went viral quick. The man even follows up on his fb page saying that cops have come out many a time from concerned calls there was abuse ,since he shot her laptop, he's had social services out there and now even his daughter says she not mad and understands why he done it and the l;lesson he is teaching her.
Not only is he teaching her the fundamentals of $$ and stuff but now he also taught her what is written or said or done can not be taken back and may follow him /her for rest of their lives.
Pretty neat letters he has written as follow ups. turns out this man is pretty darn American with good values and is just trying to teach her from right and wrong. Now not all of us may not shoot the laptop but in our own way we prolly end the lesson with same finesse.
heres a link to his follow up of it going viral http://www.litefm.com/pages/news-story.html?feed=421220&article=9744152
and his fb page is still fin hilarious

tengel78
02-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Glad to see that there are some parents out there that don't let their kids walk all over them.

shilala
02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Whatever it takes. This guy knew there'd be reprocussions to get through to his daughter. He was willing to take those lumps.
That's a parent. :tu

backwoods357
02-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I would have used my rem 870.

Smokin Gator
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Awesome!!!