PDA

View Full Version : Man, I'm sick of vehicles!

GolfNut
02-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Have had nothing but car troubles this week, and man they've piled up at once. Get this:

My truck: water pump went out Monday....broke bolt off in block removing pump Tuesday. :c

Daughters Grand Cherokee: Headlights needed replacing so she can go out of town: (melted from the house fire but she'd been living with them for 2 years. I wanted them fixed for out of town) so: wrecking yard for a set of lights. Not too big a deal, get home to put them in, discover header panel cracked. Crap. Order header panel. Picked up last night, put Jeep together this morning. 1 down.

Wife's Mark VIII: Used the Mark to go pick up lights for Daughters jeep> Something at wrecking yard stabbed the inner sidewall of the front tire. FRACK! Yesterday morning, air up tire and haul A$$ to Les Schwab. Barely make it. Tire toast. 2 back tires also pretty much shot ( I guess neither of us have outgrown burnouts lol). OK, great, full set of tires. Ugh. what a week....It's only Wednesday. Got up this morning and realized Schwabs put the wheels on the wrong sides. Directional wheels and they had them backwards. Back to Schwabs first thing. Swap wheels around. Check off another one.

New water pump for the truck today. Modified pump, tapped new threads for new bolt size in block. All back together.....almost. still torn down, I can't find the 4 fan bolts! Looked over an hour EVERYWHERE can't find the dang things. I've no idea what I did with them. Will have to buy new bolts tomorrow.

And all through all of this, thank goodness I've help in the shop processing orders!! Have to get the truck back together so I can go pick up another load of Spanish Cedar.

Oh and the back brakes on the Mark are in the rivets, so new rotors and all Shwabs wants $455 for the job, pfft I'll do them myself for $100, the dang thing started an oil leak and apparently it's the stupid oil filter flange which I find out is a PITA to replace, and to top it off the right HID headlight JUST went out on it!! Only about $300 to replace IF I could find one. :c

I need a break, a good cigar, and a cold adult beverage!!! What a week it's been.

;s Rant off...for now. Thanks for letting me vent. :D

Oh, did I mention....I'm going to be a Grandpa? My 20yo son calls up: Uh, I'm going to be a Father......... :sl I quit!

EricF
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Hope things get better for ya Forrest!!! :tu

Congrats on the new addition!!..............I think?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

VirtualSmitty
02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0iSq5j51vUdnw8vc0gtB_02hn-KoKtpxqFCXO82vqBmpVWWkS

;)

Remo
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
That sucks bro!! Hang in there :tu

Devanmc
02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
damn brother that a rough week right there, grab an anarchy... :r

and really that last part is the worst kind of cherry. i have no idea what i would do if i was to have a kid. Im about to turn 22 and still no where near ready.

:gary <-- what your week just did

shilala
02-09-2012, 07:07 PM
When it rains it pours. I had a run like that a couple years ago, it became so unbelievable it turned into a joke.

Ogre
02-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Damn, Hope it gets better for you brother.

Zeuceone
02-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I feel your pain. Hit a pot hole and bent the front LCA. Found one and replaced it. Front tires are retty much toast. Go to replace them and cant find the wheel lock. Looking for wheel lock and cant find. Check for wheel lock code to order a new one and cant find it. Driving around and hear some clamming from the rear, fcking rear sway bar brackets broke. Drive some more and hear some rubbing from passenger side wheel well, well fender linear is loose.

Ready for the weekend here.

kelmac07
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Take deep breaths Forrest. :D

CigarSquid
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
That sucks. Have a smoke, drink and some good sleep this weekend!

jluck
02-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Take deep breaths Forrest. :D

X2. don't go loosing your mind until after I get you to build me some drawers.:r

I had a cursed VW diesel beetle that had one break down after another to the tune of over 12K in repairs over two years...I feel your pain!

(That car is gone now):D

irratebass
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Wow Forrest, when it rains it pours, no need to apologize for venting, happens to the best of us, here's to your weeks getting better brother.

BeerAdvocate
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I know what you are talking about. I just spent close to $1000 today on shocks,struts,and brakes. And my wifes car needs the same. I think I will burn hers.

hammondc
02-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Damn bro. Rough week....

RGD.
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Damn - I feel for you. I'd post about my truck problems . . . oh wait, I already did. So yeah - not much to do except sit back, have a smoke and laugh at it all.

Ron