PDA

View Full Version : Which cigars to bring on a cruise?

paul incaundo
02-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I've just begun smoking cigars about 3 months ago. Finally, I purchased my own 10 cigar humidor, ordered a Xikar cutter, and I have a jet flame lighter. So far I've probably had about 20-25 cigars, and my favorites are the Padron 1926, Padron 1964, and the Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage (My experience is REALLY limited, so I'm not sure how much this helps)

I'm going on a 7 day cruise and I'd like to fill up my humidor with a few of my current favorites, and some new ones to expand a little bit. Since I'm so new to the world of cigars I'm having a hard time deciding what all to bring. I'm going to bring two Padron 1964's, and a RP 1992, so I have 7 spots for new cigars I've never tried. I'm thinking of maybe buying some non-cuban Cohibas? Some people have warned me about trying premium cigars while I'm new because I might not be able to pick up all the flavors.

What do you guys think I should get to fill up the 7 spots? Or maybe replace my current picks with something new?

Zeuceone
02-08-2012, 02:14 PM
If you take something new you never had then how will you know if you like it? That's not something I would want to look coward to on my vacation.

paul incaundo
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
If you take something new you never had then how will you know if you like it? That's not something I would want to look coward to on my vacation.

Well I'm not going on the cruise jsut to smoke, I just thought it would be a good idea to try some new things and expand.

ApexAZ
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Liga Privada Undercrown
Liga Privada No. 9
La Flor Dominica Airbender

MurphysLaw
02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe try some Padron londres or X000s, great smokes and won't break the bank

JenksAnejo
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Liga Undercrown
Fuente Hemingway Maduro
Rocky Patel Decade
Fuente Anejo (if you can find it)

HollywoodQue
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Try something that you already purchased, yet havent tried yet. This is a good tmie to test what's in your humi

ApexAZ
02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
By the way, welcome to Cigar Asylum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the New Inmate Processing area (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7). Also, be sure to check out the Newbie Sampler Trade in the same forum. It might be a good way to get some sticks you haven't tried yet.

CigarNut
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
If you have a local B&M you might drop by the shop, tell them what you like and ask for some suggestions.

If it were me I would bring sticks I like, just so I know that I will enjoy the experience. If the ship has a cigar lounge or otherwise supports cigar smoking they will likely have a humidor on board where (for a lot of money) you can try something new if you like (or if you run out).

You don't say where you are going on your cruise, but if it is to Mexico or the Caribbean I would be careful buying any cigars in port -- particularly "Cuban" cigars. Most of these cigars are likley to be fakes.

As Brian suggested: post an introduction and then use the search feature to explore cigars and cruises...

paul incaundo
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm going to the Caribbean, and I'm definitely not buying any cigars there. I've heard stories of all the fakes.

I know someone who has a few boxes of Cohiba Behike 52's, and I'm thinking of buying a single to try..

Now if anyone knows a place in the caribbean where I can get REAL cigars, that would be awesome.

pnoon
02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
My :2
Don't overthink this. Grab some smokes and go enjoy yourself. Over time, you will sample a variety of cigars. You can't accelerate the process. Enjoy the journey.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaBear
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
My :2
Don't overthink this. Grab some smokes and go enjoy yourself. Over time, you will sample a variety of cigars. You can't accelerate the process. Enjoy the journey.
Posted via Mobile Device

:tpd:

Just grab some new stuff to try, if you don't like something keep the band and mark the backside, that way you know what didnt do it for ya and not to buy the same thing again.

68TriShield
02-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Now if anyone knows a place in the caribbean where I can get REAL cigars, that would be awesome.

If by REAL you mean Cuban Cigars,don't bother.Everyone and I mean everyone has authentic Cuban cigars wink wink nudge nudge :)
To be clear,every alleged Cuban cigar you see will be fake.

TJtorpedo
02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Bring a couple of smaller smokes like a Fuente Short Story or a smaller Fuente Don Carlos, that way if you get distracted by the cruise events, you can still carve out a half-hour or so here and there and enjoy something fully, rather than trying to hot-box a big churchill. Just my .02