PDA

View Full Version : Bad Apple

Pseudosacred
02-05-2012, 11:01 PM
So, I've smoked about 6 or 7 cigars now. I've had 2 Acids, a Romeo, a CAO Italia and the Diesel Unholy.

I enjoyed every one of them...until after the Diesel. I reeally liked the taste of the D, it was spicey and strong, just a really good smoke.

After I smoked it I got dizzy, naseus and tossed my cookies. I was sick all night afterwords.

Since that cigar, I have this weird...almost displeasure(?) smoking cigars.

Could this be because the Diesel was so strong and flavorful that it makes everything mild taste like nothing special?

I bought a smapler of a few sticks, all of them are mild (or at least the 5 that I've smoked out of them). I get nothing really special out of them.

Has this happened to anyone? It's really a downer :td

icehog3
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Have something with sugar on hand....it is the antidote for nicotine poisoning. Takes the edge right off. Stick with it, most of us have had it, and learned how to make sure it doesn't happen so violently.

Pseudosacred
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I read about the sugar trick, I'll definitely have some next time I go at a strong stick!

icehog3
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I read about the sugar trick, I'll definitely have some next time I go at a strong stick!

Nice meal beforehand helps too. ;)

DaBear
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm with Tom on this one. If I know I'm smoking a lot of cigars, or just a particularly strong one I'll take a glass of root beer out with me. Keeps me from feelin it so much.

Flynnster
02-05-2012, 11:14 PM
You will notice the subtle tastes and flavors in the milder cigars as you smoke more. Go slow and enjoy the milder ones.

As for the strong one kicking your but, it happens. But I promise that isn't how cigars all are.

Remo
02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Blowing chunks is impressive :tu You get a pic? :lr

hapi
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
eat hamberger before smoke.

maninblack
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I used to do this too, but only after smoking a Perdomo immenso. Huge nicotine buzz. And nasty to boot.

backwoods357
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
This has happened to me a few times. My wife found me curled up on the bathroom floor once, god that feeling sucks. I will definitely try the sugar trick next time. Do you need to head it off early or can you reverse the effects after it gets bad?

keith_mahoney
02-05-2012, 11:55 PM
A sure fire way to beat nicotine sicness from cigars is to use Copenhagen for several years before starting your love affair with cigars. It worked for me. I gave up dipping after 8 years, for my wife before I got into cigars. I have never even approached being sick from a cigar, even after a few in a row. An early morning chew would always make my head spin.
This probably isn't good advice but it worked for me.

DaBear
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
This has happened to me a few times. My wife found me curled up on the bathroom floor once, god that feeling sucks. I will definitely try the sugar trick next time. Do you need to head it off early or can you reverse the effects after it gets bad?

You can bring yourself back after its already started, it just takes 10-15 mins. Eat some M&Ms, down a glass of root beer, really anything with sugar. Just bring the blood sugar back on up and you'll be back to normal

GAW
02-06-2012, 02:09 AM
My take is that your palate seeks flavor but your body has not yet developed much nicotine tolerance. More flavor with tolerable nic-kick can be found in the cigar world but the right balance for you requires some knowledge of cigars and actual smoking experience. Many reviews provide that smokers assessment of the strength/flavor trade-off including those on this site.

pnoon
02-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Silly question but I have to ask.
You are not inhaling, are you?

Jasonw560
02-06-2012, 06:59 AM
You should start with the mild, and work your way up. If you don't have any adverse reactions with them, then go medium. Then see how your body feels. if you're queasy, then stick with them (plus the root beer or other soft drink) for a while. Then go to full bodied.

It's kinda like starting on Everclear when you start drinking. Sounds like a good idea at the time...

Subvet642
02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Silly question but I have to ask.
You are not inhaling, are you?

Why, is that bad? I do it all the time, but I've been smoking cigarettes since '78 and have lungs of steel. :ze

pnoon
02-06-2012, 07:59 AM
In general, yes. You are the exception. Plus, the OP is a brand new cigar smoker. If he is inhaling, that could be the reason for his problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Why, is that bad? I do it all the time, but I've been smoking cigarettes since '78 and have lungs of steel. :ze

:tf

icehog3
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
frankenstein say fire bad.

Remo
02-06-2012, 09:05 AM
A sure fire way to beat nicotine sicness from cigars is to use Copenhagen for several years before starting your love affair with cigars. It worked for me. I gave up dipping after 8 years, for my wife before I got into cigars. I have never even approached being sick from a cigar, even after a few in a row. An early morning chew would always make my head spin.
This probably isn't good advice but it worked for me.

This is me, I have dipped Cope for 20 some odd years, never feel nicotine in a cigar.

ktblunden
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I think every cigar smoker has that one (or two) memory of getting way too much nicotine. I always make sure to smoke on a full stomach and have a sugary drink nearby just in case. In a pinch one time I grabbed a sugar packet from the coffee shop I was at and downed that.

Pseudosacred
02-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Pnoon, I don't inhale smoke. I tried it one time with a cigar and it gave me a weird taste.

I value the life of my lungs!!

Jonathan Drew
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Keith_mahoney had an interesting view on this one. hahahahahahahaahahahahaha ... You would have to quit cigars for a few years and double back ..... hahahahaha

I love it.

Best,
JD

big pete
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
That happened to me the first time I had a MF Le bijou. Felt like crap all day. Now I make sure to eat something before I smoke and have some soda near by. I think I stil have one of the My Fathers in my humidor and it give me flashbacks lol

maninblack
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Keith_mahoney had an interesting view on this one. hahahahahahahaahahahahaha ... You would have to quit cigars for a few years and double back ..... hahahahaha

I love it.

Best,
JD

Quit cigars???? Wha??????

Pseudosacred
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
So, I've had a few mild cigars and the Diesel. I feel like I've had two ends of the spectrum, and none of the middle.

What's a good medium cigar? I've read things about the Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs A Ton being a medium, is that true?

GAW
02-06-2012, 10:08 PM
So, I've had a few mild cigars and the Diesel. I feel like I've had two ends of the spectrum, and none of the middle.

What's a good medium cigar? I've read things about the Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs A Ton being a medium, is that true?

Have not smoked the Uzi but these work for me as medium strength and flavor:
Pete Johnson - Cabaiguan or Guapo( Sun Grown wrapper )
Fuente Hemingway
Illusione Epernay Series
E.P. Carrillo Core Line or Short Run and even the Maduro to me at least is a medium.