PDA

View Full Version : Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-30-2012, 09:46 PM
I had this recently on some pizza, I know not traditional, but it was good stuff.. Looking to try some more tasty sauces people use on pizza.. Does anyone else like this stuff on pizza or like other hot sauces? Need some recommendations...

pnoon
01-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I like it on anything. Good stuff.

jluck
01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
X2 I keep it in the fridge all the time.

Zeuceone
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I like Tapatio on my pizza.

mkarnold1
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM

:tpd: Always have it on hand. Good flavor and kick.

Mattso3000
01-31-2012, 07:29 AM

The best hot sauce out there IMHO. I put it on everything. Pretty sure food exists as a vessel to get Sriracha into my belly.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-31-2012, 08:03 AM
I like Tapatio on my pizza.

This stuff?
http://www.eagleusatrading.com/uploads/product/Tapatio_hot_Sauce.jpg

Blak Smyth
01-31-2012, 08:04 AM
This stuff?
http://www.eagleusatrading.com/uploads/product/Tapatio_hot_Sauce.jpg

This stuff is great!
Never heard of the Hung Frog stuff.

I have been making pizza with snkbyt sauce instead of pizza sauce lately! Sooo good and spicey with chicken and cheese!

Stephen
01-31-2012, 08:15 AM
X2 I keep it in the fridge all the time.
X3. Tastes so much better than Tabasco Sauce.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-31-2012, 08:15 AM
I've never had Tapatio, but I want to see if I can find some now.

Blak Smyth
01-31-2012, 08:17 AM

Growing up in Southern California it was on every table in restaurants.

X3. Tastes so much better than Tabasco Sauce.

I actually really enjoy the green tobasco, not hot but good flavor. I love hot sauce on fried eggs!

jluck
01-31-2012, 08:19 AM

Most stores in the ethnic foods. very common and inexpensive. I use lots of it too.

Mattso3000
01-31-2012, 08:27 AM

Need to get out more, Shane.:r:r Sriracha hot sauce is everywhere.

Blak Smyth
01-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Just googled it and I recognize it, just never know what it was called. All the chinese restaurants have it on their tables.

Stephen
01-31-2012, 08:31 AM
I actually really enjoy the green tobasco, not hot but good flavor. I love hot sauce on fried eggs!
I love hot sauce on eggs too. I used to put Tabasco Sauce on my eggs, until a wise man introduced me to Sriacha. Never looked back.

Mattso3000
01-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Just googled it and I recognize it, just never know what it was called. All the chinese restaurants have it on their tables.

Probably on half the restaurants tables here regardless of what type of food they serve.

Blak Smyth
01-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Probably on half the restaurants tables here regardless of what type of food they serve.

That's nice, here it is pretty much only tobasco everywhere.
People here don't know what good food is though.

pektel
01-31-2012, 08:38 AM
LOVE Sriracha., and use it on everything. Pizza, turkey, eggs, hell even on biscuits and gravy. I also use it as an ingredient when I am doctoring up BBQ sauce, and as an addition to chili. I keep a bottle at home, and a bottle at work. Now I'll have to try this tapatio sauce too.

Mattso3000
01-31-2012, 08:39 AM
That's nice, here it is pretty much only tobasco everywhere.
People here don't know what good food is though.

I lived with the marketing rep for tobasco for 3 years and had all the free hot sauce I could eat and still never used that stuff. It's okay if it's all you have, but so many better.

mkarnold1
01-31-2012, 09:08 AM
LOVE Sriracha., and use it on everything. Pizza, turkey, eggs, hell even on biscuits and gravy. I also use it as an ingredient when I am doctoring up BBQ sauce, and as an addition to chili. I keep a bottle at home, and a bottle at work. Now I'll have to try this tapatio sauce too.

The Tapatio stuff is good. I've only tried it in Mexican restaurants, never had it in my fridge. The issue that I see with it is that it is in a small bottle and does not have as much kick as the rooster sauce, so I think that I would go through it very quickly.

cricky101
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
The Tapatio stuff is good. I've only tried it in Mexican restaurants, never had it in my fridge. The issue that I see with it is that it is in a small bottle and does not have as much kick as the rooster sauce, so I think that I would go through it very quickly.

I use the Sriracha sauce most often but have a jug of Tapatio in the fridge too. I usually put it on Mexican food while I put Sriracha on everything.

They sell big bottles of Tapatio at Cub Foods near me and it is super cheap -- I think a 32-oz bottle was around $5!

mkarnold1
01-31-2012, 09:32 AM
I use the Sriracha sauce most often but have a jug of Tapatio in the fridge too. I usually put it on Mexican food while I put Sriracha on everything.

They sell big bottles of Tapatio at Cub Foods near me and it is super cheap -- I think a 32-oz bottle was around $5!

Good to know they make a large size. I have a quart of Valentina muy picante in fridge right now that I'm working on. It is pretty similar in flavor and kick to the tapatio. I usually hit Sam's for groceries, but there's a Cub nearby that I may pay a visit to in the near future.

pektel
01-31-2012, 09:35 AM

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for "real spicy" so it may be a nice addition for me then!

OLS
01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
I like Tabasco because it is unique. I like Texas Pete cause it is salty. I pass the Sriracha everyday at
El Supermercado de Winchester. Might need to pick one up, but I use so little hot sauce now. I used
to think it was great, but the old recturoo no likee no mo. A$$ pain is the one kind of pain I just won't
incur. Nachos without Jalapenos seems like a travesty, but again, just ain't goin' there anymore.

Carmack
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
The chunky jar version with garlic is really good too.

NeuRon
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM

well thank you sir.. this made me spit out my protein shake. LOL :sl

yourchoice
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Just e-mailed the wife to add it to shopping list. :tu

ucla695
01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
I use it all the time! Great Stuff!

Dave128
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Sriracha is always within reach at my house. Discovered it about a year ago.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Sometimes I'm not in the mood for "real spicy" so it may be a nice addition for me then!

That's what I was thinking too...

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-31-2012, 04:09 PM
well thank you sir.. this made me spit out my protein shake. LOL :sl

Glad I'm not the only one who caught that:r:r

icehog3
02-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Bought a big bottle based on this thread, and I am about to go upstairs and make some eggs and try it for the first time. :)

pnoon
02-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Bought a big bottle based on this thread, and I am about to go upstairs and make some eggs and try it for the first time. :)

It's good $hit, Brother.

jluck
02-03-2012, 09:56 PM
X2 don't be stingy pour it on! ;)

Mattso3000
02-03-2012, 09:57 PM

:tu

icehog3
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Ok, I had it.

Better kick than I thought it would have....BIG plus!

Great flavor....awesome.

3 big thumbs up! Thanks for the recommendation, Nate and everyone! Glad I bought the big bottle!

:tu :tu :tu

One question...does it need to be refrigerated?

pnoon
02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Ok, I had it.

Great flavor....awesome.

3 big thumbs up! Thanks for the recommendation, Nate and everyone! Glad I bought the big bottle!

Yep. After opening.
Just like ketchup, bbq sauce, etc.

icehog3
02-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Yep. After opening.

Thanks, needed to know that before bedtime, Peter! :lr

I figured since many hot sauces don't require it, this might not either. Glad I asked.

Mattso3000
02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Yep. After opening.

Disagree. Hot sauce does not need refrigeration.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Ok, I had it.

Great flavor....awesome.

Glad you enjoyed it Tom. It's awesome stuff, I could go for some pizza right now with Sriracha:tu

icehog3
02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I looked on Google at a few sites, and they seem to agree that it does not need refrigeration because of the preservatives.

Don't be mistaken; sriracha is no elementary hot sauce. Its flavor has a delicious smoky complexity and the texture is much thicker. Heat seems to slightly vary from bottle to bottle, but even at its hottest sriracha isn't too dangerous. Note: while refrigeration isn't required, keeping your bottle in the fridge will help retain color and flavor.

While Sriracha has preservatives and doesn’t need refrigeration it does oxidize a bit

pnoon
02-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Disagree. Hot sauce does not need refrigeration.
You may be right but I refrigerate it anyway.

Mattso3000
02-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I refrigerate it as well. Just wanted to clarify if you leave it out its still good. :tu

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-03-2012, 11:55 PM
I'll have to try this on an egg sandwhich sometime. Possibly tomorrow:D

icehog3
02-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Yup, I ended up putting it in the fridge anyway too. :r

BSB
02-04-2012, 09:04 AM

In Minnesota? I find that hard to believe ;)

Mattso3000
02-04-2012, 09:09 AM
In Minnesota? I find that hard to believe ;)

So do I, but sure enough there it is! Should clarify to say half the restaurants that would have hot sauce on the table...;)

pektel
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Just like ketchup, .

I never refrigerate ketchup. Stays in the pantry. Just an FYI, its safe to leave out. At least, Hunt's and Heinz are okay. I can't speak for all of the ones of which I haven't read the labels.

Mattso3000
02-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I never refrigerate ketchup. Stays in the pantry. Just an FYI, its safe to leave out. At least, Hunt's and Heinz are okay. I can't speak for all of the ones of which I haven't read the labels.

Yup. It's a preservative filled world. I still refrigerate this as well, though.

BSB
02-04-2012, 09:32 AM
So do I, but sure enough there it is! Should clarify to say half the restaurants that would have hot sauce on the table...;)

Sounds like a different place, than the MN I grew up in, back in the 60s-70s :hm
I have the Lee Kum Kee brand of Sriracha, and like it a lot.
Also Frank's, that sh*t's good on everything :D

pektel
02-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Yup. It's a preservative filled world. I still refrigerate this as well, though.

I used to. The GF for some reason doesn't like cold ketchup, so in the pantry it stays. She uses it on way more stuff than I do, so no biggie. I do refrigerate sriracha though.

Stephen
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Me too, but it's because I prefer my ketchup cold.

Stephen
02-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I used to. The GF for some reason doesn't like cold ketchup, so in the pantry it stays. She uses it on way more stuff than I do, so no biggie. I do refrigerate sriracha though.
Me too, but it's because I prefer my ketchup cold.
:tf

pektel
02-04-2012, 09:55 AM
lol. I guess she's just weird.

Adriftpanda
02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't know anyone that puts in the fridge. I guess you could, but never heard it being done.

I usually put in on my rice or noodles. Pretty much any Asian dish.

Zeuceone
02-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I like to refrigerate my peanut butter.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a different place, than the MN I grew up in, back in the 60s-70s :hm
I have the Lee Kum Kee brand of Sriracha, and like it a lot.
Also Frank's, that sh*t's good on everything :D

Is the Lee Kum Kee brand any different than Huy Fong as far as flavor is concerned?

pektel
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM

I like to refrigerate my vodka.

replicant_argent
02-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Just had some turkey and sweet pepper breakfast burritos. Busted the Sriracha on them as usual. Mmmmmm.
I get it in the big bottle. I leave it in the spice cupboard. I go through it fast enough I have never really noticed a degradation of flavor or oxidation.
Then again, I have the palate of a goat.

replicant_argent
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Mmmm. Peanut butter flavored vodka.
Wait...
er... uh... nevermind.

BSB
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Is the Lee Kum Kee brand any different than Huy Fong as far as flavor is concerned?

Never did a side by side, but I'd guess very close in taste.
BTW, Lee Kum needs to be refridgerated after opening, says so on bottle. Maybe less preservatives, me like that :D

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Never did a side by side, but I'd guess very close in taste.
BTW, Lee Kum needs to be refridgerated after opening, says so on bottle. Maybe less preservatives, me like that :D

I'll see if I can find the Lee Kum brand.

T.G
02-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Yeah, it is.

A few years ago, myself and a friend went on a "quest" to try every other sriracha sauce out there that we could get our hands on to see if one of the other sauces that has been around longer than **** sauce (huy fong foods) was actually better.

At the end of all of it, a year later and countless bottles, including stuff not available here which had to be shipped over from Thailand & Hong Kong, we came to the conclusion that you just can't mess with perfection, and Huy-Fong has it with their **** sauce. Which, interestingly enough, is exported to parts of Asia, because it's better than theirs.

These other sauces are sometimes OK, but not great - usually just don't have a good ripe pepper flavor to them or are totally out of balance with too much sugar or garlic and some are just downright funky tasting.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah, it is.

A few years ago, myself and a friend went on a "quest" to try every other sriracha sauce out there that we could get our hands on to see if one of the other sauces that has been around longer than **** sauce (huy fong foods) was actually better.

At the end of all of it, a year later and countless bottles, including stuff not available here which had to be shipped over from Thailand & Hong Kong, we came to the conclusion that you just can't mess with perfection, and Huy-Fong has it with their **** sauce. Which, interestingly enough, is exported to parts of Asia, because it's better than theirs.

These other sauces are sometimes OK, but not great - usually just don't have a good ripe pepper flavor to them or are totally out of balance with too much sugar or garlic and some are just downright funky tasting.

Thanks for the heads up Adam. I didn't know this stuff was exported to parts of Asia, says a lot about the sauce.

Stephen
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Keep mine in the deep freeze. Don't know if it hurts it or not, but damned if I don't like drinking it ice-cold.:D

T.G
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up Adam. I didn't know this stuff was exported to parts of Asia, says a lot about the sauce.

It was funny as hell, the person I contacted to send some bottles to me responded with something along the lines of "Why? Everyone uses Huy-Fong, no one ever buys that other stuff."

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-04-2012, 10:59 AM
It was funny as hell, the person I contacted to send some bottles to me responded with something along the lines of "Why? Everyone uses Huy-Fong, no one ever buys that other stuff."

:r:r

GreekGodX
02-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Love Sriracha. I mix it with mayo and put it on sandwiches :dr

pektel
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Keep mine in the deep freeze. Don't know if it hurts it or not, but damned if I don't like drinking it ice-cold.:D

I would, but my freezer is always jam-packed. Nice frosty bottle of Svedka.... :dr

GreekGodX
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Love Sriracha. I mix it with mayo and put it on sandwiches :dr

I also use that same mixture, add some chili oil, and use that for a dip for meatballs :dr :dr

Love me some rooster sauce :D

Buckeye Jack
02-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I've never refrigerated it...since we are on that subject....

I put it on most things as well. Something else I decided to add it to once and now it's a staple, is my tuna salad. My tuna salad is pretty basic, and this makes it taste real good!

jrw
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM
My wife of 30 years is Chinese although born in Vietnam. She knows the owner of Huy Fong who also is ethnic Chinese from Vietnam. He started in a small space in LA's Chinatown and become so successful that eventually he built a large manufacturing facility where they also produce other styles of hot sauce.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/product.htm

My wife and her family own several large Asian supermarkets in Los Angeles and Orange counties where Sriracha of course is a big seller. It's always in the house, and my kids grew up on it.

icehog3
02-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Mmmm. Peanut butter flavored vodka.
Wait...
er... uh... nevermind.

I'd be in Heaven.

T.G
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Realized I never made any comments on how I use HF **** sauce.

I typically use it as an ingredient rather than a condiment. As part of a larger/more complex cooking sauce, mixed with mustard in place of mayo for tuna salad, diluted with some fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar and tomato paste (or ketchup) and a dash of celery seed and brushed on grilled chicken in the last few minutes of cooking, use a bit more vinegar or bourbon and a bit of onion and use it as a BBQ sauce on pulled pork, throw a bit into pasta sauces or pizza sauce, blend it with some lime juice, cumin, oregano, onion and tomato paste and instant taco sauce. Possibilities are endless, it's one of those "magic" ingredients like vinegar, soy sauce, tamarind, and chicken base/stock that you can use in just about anything that you want to bring forth more/fuller flavors, add some depth to, turn up a notch or two with some sweet spicy heat, you don't even have to use enough to make it hot, just a bit can really add complexity to what ever you are cooking.

billybarue
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
None of the following are very fiery, but probably the one's I reach for most often:

Bufalo Mexican Chipotle: http://www.mexgrocer.com/brand-bufalo.html

Jamaican Pickapeppa sauce: http://www.pickapeppa.com/store/sauces_%26_seasonings.htm

Try Me - Original Tiger Sauce: http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Sauce-Original/dp/B0000DG58T

T.G
02-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh, and for the non-drinkers, you can also thin it with Dr. Pepper (regular, not diet - artificial sweeteners can do really weird things on the grill/bbq) rather than bourbon for the BBQ & grilling sauces.

replicant_argent
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Adam, you have free rein of my kitchen anytime.

T.G
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM

It would be a blast Pete, hanging out and herfing with you is on the cigar bucket list, hope we get to do it some day.

pnoon
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM

Only after he's done in mine.
:hf

icehog3
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
You gave me some great ideas, Adam, going to try a couple of them this week. :tu

replicant_argent
02-04-2012, 05:12 PM
No problem. And while you can require him to be barefoot, I prefer he isn't pregnant when it's my turn.

Wait, that didn't sound right.

replicant_argent
02-04-2012, 05:14 PM
It would be a blast Pete, hanging out and herfing with you is on the cigar bucket list, hope we get to do it some day.

Woo hoooo!

pnoon
02-04-2012, 06:02 PM
No problem. And while you can require him to be barefoot, I prefer he isn't pregnant when it's my turn.

Wait, that didn't sound right.
No $hit, Sherlock. :sl

T.G
02-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Bullshit. You & me, Iron Chef style, my friend. But keep the pizza delivery place on speed dial, because I'm not sure we'd make it past the martinis to actually cook anything.

You gave me some great ideas, Adam, going to try a couple of them this week. :tu

You're welcome Tom. Those were just a few things off the top of my head that I've done with it and while I'm no expert, what I see is that there is so much more one can do with **** sauce when you look at it from a different perspective and just run with it.

BTW, one more I do want to throw out there that I just remembered and since tomorrow is superbowl - **** sauce, reduced sodium soy sauce and rice vinegar (regular or seasoned, depends on how sweet and salty one wants it) - optional: add a dash or three of salt-free or low salt curry powder; test this in a smaller quantity before you commit, it doesn't work for everyone - ranch dressing powder also works if you want a different flavor and if you have a really spice-a-phobic crowd, actual lite ranch dressing. Mix the **** sauce, soy and vinegar, then add to the ranch dressing,add individually and it will curdle. Use to dip deep fried wings or shredded chicken breast in.

icehog3
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Yup, Adam, I definitely will be using this more as an ingredient than just a hot sauce. :tu

pnoon
02-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Bullshit. You & me, Iron Chef style, my friend. But keep the pizza delivery place on speed dial, because I'm not sure we'd make it past the martinis to actually cook anything.

Now that would be a whole lotta fun. :dance:

pektel
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM
No $hit, Sherlock. :sl

Keep digging, Watson.*

*haven't said that in YEARS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chainsaw13
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Want to make your own sriracha?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/fresh-thai-sriracha.html

icehog3
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Want to make your own sriracha?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/fresh-thai-sriracha.html

Why, Bob? It's cheap and delicious from the bottle. :D

Chainsaw13
02-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Why, Bob? It's cheap and delicious from the bottle. :D

True, but I'm crazy like that and would spend the time to make it.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Put some on my fish last night. Good stuff.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-11-2012, 01:06 AM
home made pizza with Sriracha sauce on it... killer.

yourchoice
02-11-2012, 06:57 AM
I've been using it quite a bit since picking up a bottle. Used it to add some kick to a ham, eggwhite and cheese scramble, on fish and pulled pork just to name a few. Thanks for the recommendation. :tu

Col. Kurtz
02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks to this thread, I picked some up last weekend and got hooked. Much stronger garlic flavors than I was expecting. Still nice, just seems to be better on plain"er" foods....

Very good stuff. I've been on a Frank's and tobasco kick recently, and this is a good change of pace.

Thanks!

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks to this thread, I picked some up last weekend and got hooked. Much stronger garlic flavors than I was expecting. Still nice, just seems to be better on plain"er" foods....

Very good stuff. I've been on a Frank's and tobasco kick recently, and this is a good change of pace.

Thanks!

I will never use Franks or Tobasco ever again after having Sriracha:tu

Col. Kurtz
02-16-2012, 06:57 PM
I will never use Franks or Tobasco ever again after having Sriracha:tu

I'm not quite there yet. "hot red rooster" as my daughter calls it seems to be better on "creamy" foods. Burgers with mayo, mayo and rooster dip, and a favorite right now, eggs over light... YUM!

I still prefer tobasco on pizza and dogs....;s

awsmith4
02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
I was at my favorite Cajun place for lunch the other day when I reached for the hot sauce to mix with my tartar sauce to put on my shrimp po boy. I noticed the Huy Fong among 30 others and remebered this thread so I added it on, damn it was good. I usually use Trappey's Bull but not anymore. Thanks guys :tu

jluck
02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I mix some with sour cream for a condiment. Works great.

cort
02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Red Rooster is delicious. It's one of two hot sauces I buy. The other is Tapatio. You can't beat Tapatio on Mexi food and Top Ramen.:D

icehog3
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Just used Huy Fong in an egg white, Italian sausage omelette.

hammondc
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
On everything.

A very funny comic about the stuff. (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha)

T.G
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
A few days ago, I mixed **** sauce, apple juice, apricot jam, brown sugar, a dash each of mace, allspice and clove, reduced it on the stove for about 10 minutes and used it to glaze grilled chicken.

icehog3
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
A few days ago, I mixed **** sauce, apple juice, apricot jam, brown sugar, a dash each of mace, allspice and clove, reduced it on the stove for about 10 minutes and used it to glaze grilled chicken.

:dr

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Sounds great:tu

dozer
02-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I remember the days when Sriracha was damn near too hot for me too touch, now I am so used to it I barely even notice the heat...so frickin good! It does seem that over the past 5-6 years, my taste buds crave spicyness more and more...I probably put a 1/5 a bottle in my pho.

smitty81
02-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Tabasco Chipotle is my #1. :dr
http://images1.makefive.com/images/experiences/dining/top-five-condiments/tabasco-chipotle-pepper-sauce-7.jpg

Then ranch
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x105/hjz1173/food/ranchdressing.jpg

Then dorthy lynch
http://everydayfoodblog.marthastewart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/dorothy-lynch-340x453.jpg

pnoon
02-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Back on topic.
I put Sriracha on my stir fry. :dr

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Back on topic.
I put Sriracha on my stir fry. :dr

Gonna try it on my stir fry next time:tu

pnoon
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Gonna try it on my stir fry next time:tu

I don't use it cooking. I add some after I serve myself.

awsmith4
02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Had it again on a Fried Shrimp and Gator Po Boy...damn it was good.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't use it cooking. I add some after I serve myself.

Noted. Sounds tasty

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-21-2012, 09:03 PM

:dr:dr:dr

BSB
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM

:tu :dr

deaster25
02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
I put hot sauce on pretty much everything I eat I usually rotate Franks, Siracha, Texas Pete, and Cholula

cricky101
02-22-2012, 08:14 AM
My girlfriend made a tater tot casserole last night that I haven't had since I was a kid. Guess what made it even better? Sriracha!!

BFallehy
02-25-2012, 09:44 AM
A friend at work gave me this recipe with Siracha in it and it was great.

Spicy Garlic Bread:
Butter
Mayo
White Chedder (grated fine)
Sharp Chedder (grated fine)
Garlic (minced fine)
and Siracha

You just mix it all in a bowl until you get the consistancy you like and spread it on your french bread and broil it in the oven for a little bit. Amazing and the siracha really stands out and goes so well with the chedder.

Malazan
02-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I use Siracha on my egg rolls like I use mustard on Corndogs, I just squeeze it right on and chow down

hammondc
02-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I put hot sauce on pretty much everything I eat I usually rotate Franks, Siracha, Texas Pete, and Cholula

I am on the same rotation. Maybe one of the Tabasco variations in there. the Chipotle Tabasco is SO damn good.

NeuRon
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
i got some of this for tomorrows chili.. smells interesting

IndyRob
02-25-2012, 04:51 PM
college gourmet...

1 Packet Ramen Noodles
1tsp soy sauce
1-2tsp sriracha

if you could afford it, toss an egg on top while its boiling. mmmm good.

replicant_argent
02-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Sweet Curry Buffalo Chicken, pesto, mushroom and black olive 'za. I think some Sriracha on it will make my night along with the EPA. #Winning

awsmith4
03-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Inspired by a chicken sandwich Matt N GA cooked up, the other day I fixed this for lunch. I started with a cast iron skillet and after heating I add minced garlic, olive oil, sliced red bell pepper, and Huy Fong. Then after a minute added a chicken breast. Once the chicken was close to done I removed the skillet and added pepper jack cheese and put it all in the oven and once baked I put it on a whole wheat bun laced with a coating of mayonnaise and Huy Fong. What a fantastic chicken sandwich.

jrw
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Homemade Sriracha:

Who's brave enough, or energetic enough to go to the trouble?

http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/do-it-yourself/2011/10/how-to-make-sriracha/

T.G
04-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Mixed up equal parts **** sauce, soy sauce, honey, bbq sauce, ketchup and rice vinegar, used part of it as a marinade for chicken, used the rest as the finishing sauce with the addition of some cornstarch & water for broccoli, mushroom & chicken w/ garlic & blackened thai peppers stir fry.

Smokin Gator
04-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Almost every night I eat a small bowl of almonds with hot sauce as a snack. I have always used Crystal, Texas Petes, or Louisiana (whatever Sam's had by the gallon) but I tried Sriracha and love it!!

Whipper Snapper
04-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Everyone should have a bottle of this stuff in their house

SmokinPhysics
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
It's the only hot sauce I've found that's great on everything.

replicant_argent
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
This made me laugh today.
http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/sriracha.jpeg

stevesmoke
05-02-2012, 06:00 PM

LOL I love this stuff. I am glad to see a thread devoted to it.

pektel
05-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Put some on my ramen today. Delish.
Posted via Mobile Device

SmokinPhysics
05-03-2012, 05:09 PM

"People eating spicy foods tend to eat less of their meal." :r

replicant_argent
05-03-2012, 05:21 PM
"People eating spicy foods tend to eat less of their meal." :r

They obviously have never seen me in front of a couple pounds of Thai Coconut Curry Beef and rice. Extra Spicy. Then add Kung Fu Ketchup.

icehog3
05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Used it to spice up my whole wheat pasta and turkey breast chili tonight.

replicant_argent
05-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Currently I have some from scratch (er.. packaged dry beans) 15 bean and ham soup.
Add sour cream.
Add Sriracha garlic paste.
Add Kung fu Ketchup.
Let forehead sweat.

pektel
08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.thekitchn.com/sriracha-in-my-beer-yes-please-the-cocky-rooster-175369

poker
08-21-2012, 01:34 PM
A good but old read on the history of Huy Fong Sriracha in the New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/dining/20united.html?pagewanted=all

Savor the Stick
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I tried it in some cottage cheese....Yum! This has replaced all the other sauces that I have. You can add this to home made salad dressings to add a different depth of flavor.

I can not get enough of this.

Ismith75
09-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Sriracha and Beef Ramen. Put me through college.

yourchoice
09-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Egg white scramble with ham, cheese and Sriracha = tasty breakfast this morning. :tu

ChicagoWhiteSox
09-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Egg white scramble with ham, cheese and Sriracha = tasty breakfast this morning. :tu

Here's my chow plan before my cigar and coffee tomorrow morning: medium cooked fried egg x2, sauteed onions and peppers, tons of smoked gouda, lots of bacon, and Sriracha..

Zane
09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Had some Siracha on French Pizza Bread. Tasty.

grinsebring
10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Someone mentioned green tabasco yum. A couple drops on raw oysters is heaven. Any who likes smokey sauce not too hot might like Joe Perry's "boneyard brew" http://www.hotsauceworld.com/joeperrocyou.html Good on pizza and mac and cheese. jmho.

Route 66
11-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I love Sriracha, but only on Chinese, Thai and Indian food. For some reason it just tastes like it belongs on Asian foods to me. I like Tapatio and Chulula on Mexican, but would never use it on Asian foods. The rest of the time it's Tabasco for me.

hammondc
11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Love it. Went of cheeseburgers and dogs today.

pektel
11-02-2012, 09:09 AM
I love adding it to my pots of chili. :dr

pnoon
11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Pei Wei has a new dish - Sriracha Chicken.
It is VERY good. :dr

Robulous78
11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Pei Wei has a new dish - Sriracha Chicken.
It is VERY good. :dr

Sounds Awesome Peter... :tu

I love adding it to my pots of chili. :dr

This is how I was first introduced to the "crack sauce" My mom had apparently used Sriracha as her secret chili helper for many years...